Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS4 and childrens

RS4 and childrens

Hello everyone,

Soon I will be dad... and I'm considering selling my RS4 for something a bit more "soft".
    As I'm not really convinced it is necessary I would like to ask all of the Parents and RS4 owners their opinion about it...

Is the ride acceptable? (is not fitted with super sport suspension, just regular) Will braking and acceleration pose a threat to the baby health?

Will my wife be uncomfortable in the last few months of pregnancy? Any of you would not recommend to sell it?

Thanks a lot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MR USER View Post
    Hello everyone,

Soon I will be dad... and I'm considering selling my RS4 for something a bit more "soft".
    As I'm not really convinced it is necessary I would like to ask all of the Parents and RS4 owners their opinion about it...

Is the ride acceptable? (is not fitted with super sport suspension, just regular) Will braking and acceleration pose a threat to the baby health?

Will my wife be uncomfortable in the last few months of pregnancy? Any of you would not recommend to sell it?

Thanks a lot!!!
    Congratulations future dad!I am not dad but when I travel with my sister's kids (4 and 5 years old) on back seat (2,5 hours) they are very happy!My car has SS+ and our roads are on few points bumpy.It is not reason for selling the car.

Congratulations!!! ...and NEVER sell your RS4!!!

My RS4 Avant (regular suspensions also) is 18 months old.
    My son is 11 months old (and RS4 is the only ride he knows)

Never had problems.
    You only have to buy a good seat for your baby. I own a Maxi-cosi (CabrioFix + EasyFix) and we (my son and myself) are very happy with it.

You also have to drive carefully with soft accelerations and braking...
    The major problem are corners.

When I drive fast with all family my wife complains and I use her as speed limiter...

Congratulations!!!

Except for the fact that my Audi is a A4 with 18'' wheels, but the s line suspension: I think, as the others have posted, you will be fine the RS4 suspension wise.

Acceleration & braking does not depend on the car, but on the driver. you could brake "too" hard with a Polo as well.

But you will see, how your driving habbints might slightly change, when the newborn is here. More foresight when baby on board.

You will have to consider other things as well, which belong to a baby forum: the right pushchair / buggy for the RS4.

We had the Maxi Cosi Cabrio as well - can recomend it

But if you really are considering a new ride:

I still think that the new S4 (B8) with the drive select option (dumpers) would be the perfect solution. When you are alone - dynamic setting, with the little one comfort and daddy & mommy & baby are satisfied.

After driving an S5 with the drive select - you feel the difference.

All the best to your wife & baby and soon to be daddy
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    But you will see, how your driving habbints might slightly change, when the newborn is here. More foresight when baby on board.

That's right!

When my baby is on board my max. speed is 250 km/h

First of all : Congrats MR USER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As for ride quality...well....my couple(we're not married) dunno about the RS 4 but she used to prefer the soft suspention cars...allways, anything different than a boat and she complained...especially as she aproached the 9 month.

As for driving habbits, yes...they and a LOT if you have the baby on board...if not they stay the same.

Saludos and congrats again.

Thanks to all of you!!! Any experience with ISOFIX should I get that installed?

Thanks to all of you!!! Any experience with ISOFIX should I get that installed?
    Isofix is an option when you buy the car. It can't be installed as an aftermarket option.

There are Maxi-cosi child seats for cars without Isofix.

Quote Originally Posted by f1esp View Post
    Isofix is an option when you buy the car. It can't be installed as an aftermarket option.
    That is strange... my dealer told me otherwise... He even mentioned that he had that work done on another Audi just little time ago...

Are you sure it cannot be retrofitted?

I read Audi B5 avant book.(get dealer) and it say that you can fit isofix later.Sorry my English.

Will my wife be uncomfortable in the last few months of pregnancy?
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can tell you have no kids... No matter WHAT you do, the wife will be uncomfortable in the last few months! Even on the sofa!!! LOL!!!

Keep the RS 4, the ride is no more harsh than the RS 6 and my wife was fine.

And huge congrats! Welcome to the club of "Married With Children"

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lommo View Post
    I read Audi B5 avant book.(get dealer) and it say that you can fit isofix later.Sorry my English.
    Thanks for the info. So, if you can do it with the B5, obviously, the B7 would be even better (safety feature wise).

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by f1esp View Post

There are Maxi-cosi child seats for cars without Isofix.
    Any update on this topic?I bought maxi cosi family isofix base but I think after examination to the back seat by me that I do not have isofix anchors.I would like to retrofit.Are b6,b7 back seats frame same?Anybody please ,knows here what parts I need and what part numbers have I to order?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...-Fitting-Guide

Hello,

I asked my Audi dealer to install the Isofix on my car. I had it installed on my RS4 (rear seats only on both left and right) and my A6 (same as the RS). All they do is to attach 2 metal pieces to the chassis. It works fine and is not visible. It is not as refined as when is factory made as you have to push the metal bars into the seat junctions. This can damage a bit the leather if you are not careful. Also you cannot deactivate the passenger airbag and you cannot use it in the front seat. Last but not least the maxicosi with ISOFIX can be used without the ISOFIX by wrapping the belt around them.

So in short is possible and it works!

last but not least... my first son is now 14 months. he sleeps in the A6 but the rigid set-up of the RS keeps on waking him up... I guess he will enjoy my car in few months! For now is a little early!

Hello,

I asked my Audi dealer to install the Isofix on my car. I had it installed on my RS4 (rear seats only on both left and right) and my A6 (same as the RS). All they do is to attach 2 metal pieces to the chassis. It works fine and is not visible. It is not as refined as when is factory made as you have to push the metal bars into the seat junctions. This can damage a bit the leather if you are not careful. Also you cannot deactivate the passenger airbag and you cannot use it in the front seat. Last but not least the maxicosi with ISOFIX can be used without the ISOFIX by wrapping the belt around them.

last but not least... my first son is now 14 months. he sleeps in the A6 but the rigid set-up of the RS keeps on waking him up... I guess he will enjoy my car in few months! For now is a little early!
    Do you have part numbers for RS4 B7?

Hello,

Good to read you again Mr... I understand you still have the RS. Mine is gone 2 years ago because of twins... I had to go for soemting bigger. But soon back in business... Are you still around Geneva ? I still remember our nice RSsunday with Webbah. Long time ago now.

Isofix is great and maxi cosi with easy base is the must : I am using them everyday ! I did not know you could retrofit the metal anchor pieces. It is way better and more practical than palying with the belt.

All the best

Fab

I have not done that myself... no idea about the number...

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    Good to read you again Mr... I understand you still have the RS. Mine is gone 2 years ago because of twins... I had to go for soemting bigger. But soon back in business... Are you still around Geneva ? I still remember our nice RSsunday with Webbah. Long time ago now.

Isofix is great and maxi cosi with easy base is the must : I am using them everyday ! I did not know you could retrofit the metal anchor pieces. It is way better and more practical than palying with the belt.

All the best

Fab
    Twins??? wow not wasting time are you? I will get the second one in Sep! And i totally understand! We had to get an A6 to do the job for the family! With the second one I will have to move to a van...!

Good to hear you are good! Anytime you feel like having a nostalgic moment with an RS4 just call! you are more than welcome to go for a spin!

My old lady is in fantastic shape! 100k km but new brakes (third set) and kept in perfect state! I have a hard time separating myself from her... Even when facing children needs! She gained a special place.