Thread: NAV System

NAV System

Congratulations to all you new RS6 owners (including me ). I haven't picked my car up yet (still being prepped and going through the financing options), but I wanted to know has anyone tried out the NAV II system? How is it? Is there any improvement over the old NAV system? The Audi dealer had told me when I ordered the car that there were "significant" improvements. Can anyone comment? Thanks.

Thumbs up

Well, this is the first Audi nav system I've used. I had a Mercedes E320 a while back with nav and I think they used the same basic software and voice tracks.

I've used it a few times and have been very pleased with it. There is no big, color moving map display, but I don't think that's much of a loss. The small, monochrome screen in the center of the instrument display works just fine. It gives plenty of warning of upcoming turns with an arrow on the screen and it lists the name of the road you will be turning on. The lady will also say the road name if it's an interstate or otherwise numeric road label such as US-19, I-4, SR-54, etc. If you miss the turn, it will just recalculate the route on the fly and get you back on course in no time. Two thumbs up from me.

The only downside is that the controls are placed where a cupholder would be, so we're down to one up front. No biggie. I don't think I'll be eating & drinking much in this car anyway.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions that I can answer for you. Have fun picking up your new RS6!
    -Kyle
    [url]http://www.kyle-bailey.com[/url]

2003 RS6
    2004 A8L