Thread: rs4 2, driving under the influence 8 out of 10

rs4 2, driving under the influence 8 out of 10

It’s been a true 24 hour day, so bare with me. I’m sooo tired.

Today I decided to go up to NY to visit the guys at SSP to get a tune for the b5 rs4. It was a nice day chillen with the guys at SSP. hollas go out to nick, matt, and Greg, among others. But it was an unsuccessful trip. The ECM has a seconded block out code that we couldn’t figure out on such short notice. At around 8 we leave to head home after my friend picks up his s4. As we start to drive back to I-95 we get separated and I find myself waiting at the first rest-stop for him. As he caught up we started heading south.

Around 923 (lol. I sent a text right befor) I’m sitting in the left lane right next to a tractor trailer. I see lights flash behind me. And out of nowhere a car swerved from the far right lane around the truck and I guess didn’t know I was there. Well I was going 65-70 mph and he was doing id say with the reaction time and how hard he hit me- About....... 110-120. He hit me dead on and so hard I was knocked in front of the truck as I swerved across two lanes trying to get control. The weird part is we were e around the middle of the trailer when we were hit.. ……..

At this point, after the realization that we just got rear-ended, the smell of tire filled the car as warning lights went off. As I look in my rear view, the car that hit us had his left turn signal on. So I started to pull over while flashing down my friend who was two cars up. We both start to pull over and the car continues to drive all erratically across two lanes. He then starts to drive away while the smell of tire fills up my car. I’m pissed and chase after him. There’s no way you’re going to hit my car and drive off.

As I speed off after him, I past my friend, who catches on quickly to what has happened as he sees the back of the car. While we flash our high beams trying to get him to pull over, my passenger and I notice he’s jumping around and flaring his arms while he drives. Soon after I realize my friend is now chasing after him flashing his high beams while I drive on the shoulder flashing my high beams………
    The guy doesn’t want to pull over!?! Whets with this mother **** who then swerves across two lanes and the shoulder while on a congested highway. My passenger says he might be having a seizure. I realize I need to stop my car and see how bad. And WOW!!!! It’s bad!!!

:bigeyes:

So as I jump back in the car I realize that my friend pulled over about 75 yards up. So I drive up to sit next to him. When we catch up we see that he had swerved across 4 lanes and hit the embankment on the other side of the road and did kinda a u turn and came to rest with what’s left of the bumper against the back side of the guard rail. At this point a few cars had stopped.

About now the driver decides he’s not done. He proceeds to try and get himself un stuck. the smoke from the burn out smokes across the road(for about a minute and a half). My friend says he will catch the driver of the minivan who the dude had almost hit to get his information before minivan gets away. So I went over to get the info of the white construction van that pulled over ahead of us on the left side of the road. I get to the window and ask if they saw anything. And as the door opened I realize its police officer dressed in all black, like swat gear. I’m like OHHH.

As we start to walk to where we can see the car again he tells me to calm down. I look over and the guys FLIPPING out in the car!! Punching the window, jumping around in the car, going CRAZY. I look back at the officer and his guns pulled and he tells us to not move and that he’s waiting for backup!!

My friend at this point makes it to the blue minivan, as the window rolls down there are two off duty officers in there. They tell him to hold back as they start to put on their bullet proof vests. At this point there is:
    A blue minivan,
    A white construction van,
    A grand pre,
    A sentry,
    Another van in front of the sentry
    And every single one was a police officer.

As our focus turns back to the MF... he is now stuck in his seat belt, half way out of the door way, slamming himself with the door trying to hurt himself???? WTF??? The cops roll on him guns out and pull him out of the car and five officers force him into submission. :bigeyes: by gun point and by mace. As the guy yells F this and F god and F everything you can possible imagine. At this point three of the unmarked cars drive off within a minute of the guy crashing his car.
    Three officers stayed. The blue van and the construction van. Within five minutes a uniformed officers rolled up and asks what going on? The other officer says that the guy is on PCP.
    :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

As the guy gets hauled off to jail, u see it’s a 30+ year old that looks extremely F'd up!!! He had dirty jean pants and a punk music style shirt. He’s all ruffed up...

Focus then turns back to my car to find out that the rear was hit so hard that the gas tank was now plastered against the back right wheel. The rear quarter panel is shot, the trunk is SHOT, bumper ....shot, the roof has flexes in it. The back right door is not lined up maybe bent. As we look in the trunk we can’t get the trunk matt unwedged from the silver trunk liner. :bigeyes:

When we finally get to where the car was towed. We finally get a chance to look at his car. The front bumper on his early 90’s Camry doesn’t look nearly as bad as my car.  Glancing into the car window we see a house phone, a map, some chips, and the keys to his car are on the front seat with a key chain to narcotics anonymous….

I’d really like to thank my friends for helping me to get the car and myself home. We didn’t get home till five in the morning in the pouring rain, but at least I have it in my garage for the night and I will post pictures tomorrow.
    I’m really scared the car might be totaled but really praying it’s not. As we pulled the back liner off to get to the tow hook the right trunk floor was crinkled.  As I filled out the police officers paper work I was given one thing. And it’s funny it looks like an elementary school hall pass. He says fill this out and mail it in and pay $7 for the accident report to be mailed to me…????? He said it 3 times. I thought I always got the accident report. ??...
    Talk about a crazy and terrible night. but thank god the rs4 protected us. i hope we can get the RRRRRS4 back on the road one day. shes been a great car.

ps. im not answering any part out requested for a few days so dont ask for a few days.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Just in time for the new S4, right? Right!?

Kidding, sorry about your loss. Unfortunately it does sound like it's totaled. huckuva story, though.

I'm glad you have not suffered any serious injuries. Metal can always be replaced, good luck.

Glad to hear you're OK, that sounds like an effin wild afternoon. I have a feeling your RS4 may be done, but all the best in getting her back.