Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R8 V10...

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Erik,

Seriously, there was nothing in either of my replies to warrant a warning. I was just pointing out some facts that I have noticed.
    What facts? You said directly that I bash every new technology from Audi. That is what you said.

This thread was originally about R8 V10. Not about FWD cars. When some other member made a comment about R8 V10 not been something special enough I responded the way I did...

My point again was that R8 do NOT need QTV.

@Erik,
    Do not worrie. I want post that much any more...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    @Erik,
    Maybe that's why I worry
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

First, R8 alread use rear LSD. Second, QTV differential is too big for R8(or Gallardo LP560-4). Third, QTV differential in new S4 is designed from the scratch to work in junction with Torsen based AWD so, inplatition in Visco base AWD with power split of 70/30 is not possible. Fourth, QTV would not improve drive dynamcis of R8 since it already use LSD for rear wheels. Fifth, QTV is not fully mechancial diff but, electronically controlled one. In theory it should work very nice just, very nice in S4, NOT in R8. Sixth, R8 use rear tires of 295 or 305 wide! QTV would overheat in a minute with tires that wide. Pure mechanical LSD with ESP in two stages is the best solution for mid engine AWD layout car like R8.

And just to end the hype about QTV... Is it a standard item in S4? NO. Why, when it is not that expensive option(OK, you must buy Drive select as well)? Will QTV be that much better then current AWD setup say it in S5?
    I can tell you one thing-current S5 will be much safer car to drive for average Joe then QTV equiped S4. QTV will make car more rear lively and while that effect is excellent for dry road I am wondering about wet road...
    QTV is not an revolution-it is just advcanced electonical differential that mimic LSD action. Is it a must for all future Audi's? I can not say just my opinion is-do we all want Audi's that drives similar to BMWs?
    Hi Kreso,
    So if i understand you correctly, QTV will not fit or work with the R8 because:
    1. The R8 has a Rear Limited Slip Differential and the QTV is too big to fit in the LSD's place
    2. QTV would not improve the dynamics of the R8
    3. Being that QTV is not fully a mechanical component, it wouldn't work well in the R8.
    4. QTV will overheat due to the size of the R8's rear tires.

Can you please expand on items 2, 3 and 4. I still dont undertstand why the QTV will hurt the R8.

What facts? You said directly that I bash every new technology from Audi. That is what you said.

This thread was originally about R8 V10. Not about FWD cars. When some other member made a comment about R8 V10 not been something special enough I responded the way I did...

My point again was that R8 do NOT need QTV.

@Erik,
    Once again I am sorry if my comments were taken to heart as it's not meant that way. Yes the thread did get side track and I was one of those people to blame, I guess I am like a dog with a stick.

I was trying (though it looks badly) to highlight the fact that when you discuss some of the new technologies which Audi are bringing on board that you sort of play their importance down. With QTV I was only highlighting the fact that compared to a LSD in a rwd car it will have less issues for controlling the amount of oversteer and it's purpose is not so much as to increase the amount of oversteer but to stop the understeer that awd systems have, especially ones which don't throw almost all of their power to the rear, like the Torsen Quattro which is in almost every Quattro car.
    Search and you will find the truth.

kreso and leadfoot. why don't both of you go out to dinner tonight and share a chocolate dessert. ;p

btw- there is no reason why a mid engined car couldn't have a QTV-like awd sytem. wait and see what the new nsx gets.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    kreso and leadfoot. why don't both of you go out to dinner tonight and share a chocolate dessert. ;p

btw- there is no reason why a mid engined car couldn't have a QTV-like awd sytem. wait and see what the new nsx gets.
    Things are fine guys, it was a slightly misunderstanding. Disaster averted.

RXBG, please tell us more about the system in the new NSX, I am all ears.

NO R8 V10 in Paris...

NO R8 V10 in Paris...
    I was really hoping for that... To close on the LP-560 I imagine?

NO R8 V10 in Paris...
    Yeah I guessed. What a shame. When will we see it?
    HKS786

Either LA Show in November or even Detroit in January...

Either LA Show in November or even Detroit in January...
    I'm guessing LA, the car is due early 2009.

I'm guessing LA, the car is due early 2009.
    I agree, i just cant see it being introduced in detroit

RS5 expected in Detroit, so R8 V10 to be presented later this year

guys-- i didn't mean to imply i knew anything specific about the new nsx's awd system. but i do not think it will be a viscous system.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

So the new NSX is getting Honda's SH-AWD?

I has lost touch of how the layout of the new NSX will be, is it still mid engined or front?

I has lost touch of how the layout of the new NSX will be, is it still mid engined or front?
    Front judging by the shape.