Thread: "Car" driving the RS5??? Really??

"Car" driving the RS5??? Really??

Is this just one of their fantasy articles again?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Magazin...r-2008-Issue/?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Yes, it is - the pictures are merely S5 chops. They did the same with the E92 M3 last year. A friend of someone on GCZ complained about this latest 'scoop' and here is the response he got:

"This exclusive is in a long line of CAR scoops on upcoming cars: note the rag outs of the BMW M1 and ‘new Metro’ covers in the Great Drives section. In fact, that ‘new Metro’ cover is a great example. Did the Metro turn out to look like that...?

Our exclusive is a genuine exclusive because it is based on accurate, inside information. Giving the ACTUAL WEEK that Audi currently plans to start production is not conjecture, in my book. Likewise for the technical information, which is sourced through our German informants. And in Georg Kacher, CAR has the most respected, feared and well-connected journalist in the European press pack. It is a story you should take seriously.

As for the visuals, CAR Magazine is about stunning imagery, and we took the decision to render the RS5’s look to create a beautiful cover. Our RS5 images were far less a leap of faith than that Metro cover was! The days of taped up mules on the cover ended in the mid-90s: our rivals frequently run rendered exclusives, based on far less detailed information. CAR only puts a scoop image on the cover when we know we have the information to back it up. We’ve done it twice in my 20 months as editor, with the M3 and Focus RS – both of which turned out to be on the money.

When the RS5 comes out, cross-refer the facts to our article. I suspect you’ll come to agree that the glass is more than half full, rather than as empty as you and the contributors on this thread suggest. And that stands for everything in CAR Magazine.

With very best regards
    Phil

Phil McNamara
    Editor, CAR"
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Honestly, what are you guys complaining about?
    So what if the final released model doesnt look 100% like the photoshop image they provide. I'd rather see something like this than a taped-up test mule which looks nothing like the final product.

Having read the CAR magazine, they have done an excellent job at the photoshop pictures and I'd imagine they're very much on the money with this car. Needless to say I learnt a great deal from their article on new features that the RS5 will have.

Well done to CAR for having the b@lls to stand out and give it a go and provide us with more informaiton on this beast to come!

^^^

Not trying to bash CAR for trying to get info to us, but they should be careful about what are just rumours and not facts. Remember this?

CAR often make their stories seem like facts and they need to be careful because a lot of people actually get confused and accept their pics as real spy shots as leaked info.

Look at their RS5 scoop, the photochops dont even remotely resemble the spyshots!
    HKS786

So far the spy shots are showing a different nose on a stock S5, even the exhausts aren't the RS ovals which are standard practice on RS test mules.

If the RS5 is to be revealed in the not to distant future the mules which are pounding the ring daily aren't revealing any similarity with either the RS6 (the currant RS model) or the RS4 (the last RS model). I'm of the thinking that CAR's imagines are as close as anyone has come to getting the look of the RS5 correct.
    Search and you will find the truth.

when is this CAR maga Oct issue going to be released.

i just enterd a coupls of Barnes & nobles stores in the USA and they still have the sep issue.... I am desperate to read more about this RS5...

is it released later in the USA then in europe, or not released yet in europe neither....