Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RS5 front bumper revealed

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just came back from my dealer (winter tire time) and they were telling me that they have internal pics of the RS5 in its "almost" final state.

Anyone can confirm and post those pics that they were unable/not allowed to show?!

Thanks,
    So long as it looks anything like the Car photoshop i'll be happy. I like the look of the rear spoiler too.
    Truth In The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    So long as it looks anything like the Car photoshop i'll be happy. I like the look of the rear spoiler too.
    I very much doubt it will look like the Car photoshop.
    It will not have the RS6 style front spoiler/bumper.
    I also doubt it will have the Ur-Quattro style fenders, or wide fenders at all.
    And i'm certain the RS5 will not have the extending/retractable rear spoiler. (i like the idea)
    If that was the case it would be on the mule's from the start.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    I very much doubt it will look like the Car photoshop.
    It will not have the RS6 style front spoiler/bumper.
    I also doubt it will have the Ur-Quattro style fenders, or wide fenders at all.
    And i'm certain the RS5 will not have the extending/retractable rear spoiler. (i like the idea)
    If that was the case it would be on the mule's from the start.

Jarod.
    That would make the S5 much more aggressive and impressive than a fenderless, fishmouth RS5;(
    Truth In The Blacklist

I doubt Audi will leave the RS5 looking like an S5 with a new nose. I am not sure how the curved line that runs the length of the A5 body would look with the RS6 arches, but if they use the CAR photoshops as a reference they could do a lot worse.
    Search and you will find the truth.

i just hope that audi goes back to the simple wider fenders like on B7 RS4 i loved that wide big fat fenders ^^
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Who here now believes that the Black S5 mule seen was the new RS5 or maybe just the S5 with the new 3.0L SC engine.

RS5 mule, no reason to have a so different bumper for the S5. S care are not very differet cars than the normal audis, which is how the S5 is today, very close to a A5 with Sline package

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    RS5 mule, no reason to have a so different bumper for the S5. S care are not very differet cars than the normal audis, which is how the S5 is today, very close to a A5 with Sline package
    I would usually say the exact same thing but for the fact that all the test mules seen have never had the customary twin oval pipes of RS mules and the one in the desert didn't have the usual bigger brakes if I recall correctly.

The only reason I threw the question out there was the fact that this test mule had intercoolers which is customary with Forced Induction. Maybe Audi were hot weather testing the engines prior to the S4 release. It's easier to had a larger opening and cover it up than having a smaller one that needs to be enlarged.

P.S.
    I am not arguing with you, only begging the question as a possibilty.