Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rs3 Ttrs

Brief translation:

"Audi RS3 delayed until next spring, TTRS will come first. The RS3 was suposed to be the first one out with the new 5 cyl engine, but the TTRS will be the first one out

Audi havn't been satisfied with the salenumbers of the S3, though they think it's one of the best S-cars so far. That's the reason behind the RS3.

The 3,2l VR6-engine have been impossible to turboconvert due to exhaust tempratures, a VR5 engine has been an alternative due to trouble fitting a inline 5 cyl transverse.

But a new sulotion has made it possible to fit the new 2,5l engine, the block will be made in "graphite-cast iron", it will have like BMW two turbochargers charging at different revs. It will come with 350hp and 390hp, rumors from Ingolstadt says that the engine has been tested up to 600 hp without showing any signs of weaknesses.

The RS3 was suposed to be first, but arguements at the marketingdepartment ended in the TTRS favour. both will be launched late next spring"

I don't see why a inline 5 will fit when it's made out of graphite-cast iron.
    It's still longer then a VR6 engine.
    Futher, how it's looks right now the hole project is stopped.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

the new suloton had nothing to do wih the block ofcourse, I should have started a new sentence! Can't translate the technical detail in to proper english ..sorry!

So, no 2.5l for the S3 to make RS3 or S3 Plus? It's a shame, Audi would sell many RS3/S3 Plus. Is the project abandoned or just shelved Jarod? Many thanks for the translation buyalemon, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by .:Rico View Post
    So, no 2.5l for the S3 to make RS3 or S3 Plus? It's a shame, Audi would sell many RS3/S3 Plus. Is the project abandoned or just shelved Jarod? Many thanks for the translation buyalemon, by the way.
    It's stopt or shelved for the time being, or what ever you want to call it.
    In most cases those shelv's will be cleared in due time.

Jarod.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Futher, how it's looks right now the hole project is stopped.
    Then it should be even more puzzling why they are continuing their tests as if nothing happened

http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-tt-rs-futur.html

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaS6 View Post
    Then it should be even more puzzling why they are continuing their tests as if nothing happened

http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-tt-rs-futur.html
    Testing is in the final stage's but even today the info still say the project have been stopped by Porsche.
    These pictures are made while heat testing in the US, while Porsche pull the plug back home.

Jarod.

Testing is in the final stage's but even today the info still say the project have been stopped by Porsche.
    These pictures are made while heat testing in the US, while Porsche pull the plug back home.

Jarod.
    does this mean that the TT-RS won't come??or is it just delayed again??
    Still enjoying the 5cilinders of Audi :D

That doesn't make much sense Jarod (the whole project being shelved thing).

Also, a 2.5 I5 sounds like it's small enough to fit in the TT. There's plenty of space (alright, seemingly plenty) in the 2.0T's engine bay... AND, a wider track could probably make it fit...

There go's a rumour that Porsche have shelved it for the time being because of the facelifted Boxster and Cayman introduction first quart 2009.
    Don't know how must truth is in it.

Jarod.

I don't know much about the car paparazzi business, but if I was making pics of test mules for a living, I wouldn't store them on my camera for a week before I sold them to the next interested car mag. I'm pretty sure that whoever made those pics sold them shortly after that because he'll only get good money if he's the first to offer them.

So if they appear on the 21st on the net and you said you heard on the 16th that Porsche canceled it that seems to indicate that they kept testing the car even though the project was already finished.