Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen A8.

hmmm actually cant see that much in this vid

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Hot hot hot
    Agreed! Hot! Looks aggressive and a nice soundtrack as well. Looks mean like it means business. I see a new A8 in my future.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

More testmule pics

Getting closer...

Audi A8 D4 Testmule in SoCal
    source: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/12/s...delic-wrap-au/

I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

What's wrong with the wheels in the first pic?!

Just distortion caused by the fact that the wheels are spinning fast. I've seen this several times when photographing cars on track days.
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Mockenrue View Post
    Just distortion caused by the fact that the wheels are spinning fast. I've seen this several times when photographing cars on track days.
    It's because digital cameras construct the image from one side to the other, I heard. I'm guessing right to left, as the spokes appear to be pulled back.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Don't know why a lot of people think that it's the A7.

The shape on that thing is menacing.
    You know, I've never understand why the hot weather tests take place in places like death valley instead of the Atacama desert, anyone knows? Qisha perhaps?

Saludos.

A8 or A7?

spotted in germany

A8, the roof doesn't fold down like the A7 sporback coupe. The new A8 will be very hot

I surprised that this late in the game, we have not seen any leaked photos yet considering next week is end of the month already. Cannot wait to see the official pics.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    I surprised that this late in the game, we have not seen any leaked photos yet considering next week is end of the month already.
    Either Audi has found the "leak" or the last "early" disclosures where not completely unintended

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    Cannot wait to see the official pics.
    Me too
    blog.audidriven.net

World premiere of the new Audi A8

· New Audi A8 to be unveiled on the eve of Design Miami

· Exhibition with Tom Dixon and the Rubell Family Collection

Audi Pavilion

45th & Collins Avenue (east of the large parking lot)

Miami Beach

Opening times:

December 2 through 5, 2009

Open daily from 12 noon through 8 p.m.

Audi Lounge at Design Miami

Design Miami Temporary Structure

NE 39th Street and 1st Court

Miami Design District

Opening times:

December 2 through 5, 2009

Open daily from 11 a.m. through 7 p.m.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Website live presentation

http://tv.audi.de/video/8680#/08

I think I had underestimated just how important this car is for Audi. In a very real sense, it is the flagship model for Ingolstadt because it must compete with the top saloon / sedan models of the other premium marks, not just Mercedes-Benz and BMW but also Bentley, the new Rolls-Royce Ghost, and the Panamera, and be seen to be on a dynamic level that is comparable if not superior, even if it ultimately offers a less luxurious interior. I think Audi is up to the task, but the challenges it faces in launching this model, at this time, in this uncertain economic climate, should not be underestimated.

I believe we've seen a paradigm shift in the social status cars confer, certainly in the UK. Suddenly, profligate large limousines that are as much badges of office and affluence as pinnacles of engineering quality and efficiency say all the wrong things about you. We don't want people to mistake us bankers or to catch the eye of the taxman. Yet people still need larger cars that can transport four or five people long distance in comfort and safely. You need a car of the A8's proportions to do this. What you don't need is the badge snobbery that comes with the executive class. So perhaps the A8's longstanding discretion and subtleness has now come of age?

More than ever, Audi's promise of progress through technology must be delivered through the substance this car offers. The chassis structure, packaging, ergonomics and dynamics must all push the envelope. Of course, Audi's engineers know this better than I could ever imagine here, so I am excited to see what they have done.

It seems that the car's launch has been delayed, although the inscrutable strategies that lie behind the launch provide no clue as to whether this is actually true. Whatever, I think Audi has been very smart not to launch the car before now. The grey clouds of recession are starting to recede, creating an appetite for something new, yet in-tune with changing times and the more conservative attitudes of environmentally-aware customers. There is a renewed appetite for cars like this, so long as they give a nod to changing attitudes.

Of most interest to me, is the engine line-up. A 3.0 litre V6 diesel is a dead cert as is the S4's 3.0 litre V6 petrol TFSI. But will the A8 get 2.0 litre in-line fours, both diesel and petrol? I wouldn't bet against it. Rumour suggests that the W12 will reappear, but personally I am not convinced that this thirsty motor has continuing curb appeal. What of the 4.0 litre V8 diesel and much anticipated 4.0 litre V8 petrol TFSI? And, of course, hybrid drive will need to be part of the equation. Audi has become such a major force in automotive engine design (displacing BMW IMHO) that everyone is waiting to see what it does. It's like waiting to see what Scarlett Johansen is wearing this season before going clothes shopping.

Of course, styling has always been Audi's forte. The ugliness of the latest 7-Series should also help what I hope will be the continued use of strong, clean lines and uncluttered surfaces to give it the kind of understated elegance it needs. Thank God the wait is almost over.

Excellent post tailpipe.
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

2010 Audi A8 - Official reveal 30th Nov. at Desing Miami

Here is the Audi pavillion at Desing Miami

and a translated version of a german article:

19/11/2009 | The jubilee year for the 100th anniversary of the Audi brand ends with a climax of a special kind: On 30 November, the new Audi A8 is celebrating its world premiere - in the exceptional ambience of the city of Miami. Here is the new flagship of the Audi brand in the pavilion, a temporary museum construct, staged in an innovative way: In the center of the opening "The Art of Progress". This represents the cultural and technological progress, and taking the values of the new A8: "Vorsprung durch Technik" and emotional design art

"Vorsprung durch Technik" also refers to the design, which is one of the outstanding elements of the Audi signature. And as head of design is now recognized to become an art form, we see the bridge on art and architecture as a logical step in advancing our brand, "said Rupert Stadler, Chairman of Audi AG, the concept of the exhibition. Has long been the American city of Miami to the global capital of art and design developed. In early December is traditionally the two high-profile trade fairs Design Miami Art Basel Miami Beach and reached the peak of the season for all art and design connoisseur. In this atmosphere, will be held on the eve of the Design Miami, the world premiere of the new Audi A8 place.

Audi is celebrating its world premiere in an unconventional manner with an opening, which symbolizes the cultural and technological progress, for the Audi A8, with its history, its engineering and its design is emotional. Inspired by the mission statement, "The Art of Progress" is the Audi flagship midst of a new exhibition of selected works of art "Beg Borrow and Steal" from the Rubell Family Collection, one of the world's finest art collections, and the installation "The Light Light aluminum, and LED Light of the UK's top designer Tom Dixon at the Audi pavilion unveiled. Thematically linked here on three levels, because of their innovation, progressiveness and the courage to create something new will be staged in the elegant interplay

Artist, designer and engineers share a common passion, which is in the "The Art of Progress" opening visible, "stresses Stefan Sielaff, Head of Design of Audi AG. "And this is the handling of form, function, color and material. How far the result is art, deciding the claim, but also the viewer. "

The opening in the Audi pavilion is up to 5 December is a satellite of the Design Miami and Art Basel Miami Beach and a day of international visitors to the Design Miami and Art Basel accessible. In addition, Audi also is involved again this year at Design Miami as a designer among designers. There, the new A8 will be presented also: The Audi Lounge's flagship brand in a new installation of the exhibition visitors of Art Basel Miami Beach and Design Miami is presenting a world premiere. This year, Audi is the exclusive automotive sponsor of both the Design Miami and Art Basel Miami Beach. (auto-reporter.net/pha)
    German source: http://business-panorama.de/auto-news.php?newsid=44352
    blog.audidriven.net

Press embargo over tomorrow? 1st pic inside

This is tomorrows Auto Bild.

1st pics & infos of the D4 Audi A8 + rendering of C7 A6 + C7 A7
    blog.audidriven.net