Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen A8.

2011 Audi A8 night vision + pedestrian highliting

Rear seat entertainemt system

I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

"Besides the A8 NWB shown here in Miami, what other A8 models are planned for the United States? Today we are introducing the new A8,and its first model will be the V8 NWB model. Other models will follow to create a full A8 model line including performance, prestige and alternate-fuel variants."

W12 will come, as will a hybrid.

the S8 is what i am most curious about. 4.0T with 500 hp and 450 of torque should do the trick.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

The interior is nothing short of astonishing. Absolutely brilliant.

I must admit that I was a bit shocked when I saw the exterior design, but now that i cooled off a bit, I think that it's very well achieved.

The shape of the bonnet and the boot lid give the car an organic feel, an "alive" feel, while the front has an agressive look, like if it was some sort of alien being, but without loosing the elegance and subtle design of its predecessors. I like it very much.

Sorry to say but I would have to agree with 06a8. Seriously guys? This is far better then the competition?

The interior is absolutely awesome, but the exterior? For real? The current one is definately better looking. The new A4 is better. In fact, I like the new 5 series better then this. Super disappointing...

Richard, I know you love the A8, but for me, this oozes no class, it just oozes.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

hi 5 mate!....lets see if the S8 can change those droopy front vents into something better...and man does the grill keep getting bigger or what...but that rear...damn it , i think Audi took over the bangle butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Seriously guys? This is far better then the competition?

The interior is absolutely awesome, but the exterior? For real? The current one is definately better looking. The new A4 is better. ... Super disappointing...
    Ben
    I have to agree! Nothing much about the exterior! It looks like a stretched A4! Where is the individuality of the car?!?

These new LED headlights looks very strange, in the good way. I like it.

But the interior looks gorgeous! Very nice and refined!

After all in the next few months I think most of us will start to like it!

EDIT: Why they made it "flat" instead of some "bad boy" exterior ?
    - We built up a world of wonder, we built it stone by stone! It will remain forever ever if we are gone! -

I expected a different design,this is a bigger A4!
    however tech is ok

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/245461/

Audi A8: Rupert Stadler Q+A

Autocar.co.uk is at the launch of the new Audi A8, which has just been unveiled.

During the launch event, Chas Hallett spoke to Rupert Stadler, Chairman of Audi.

New Audi A8 revealed

Hi-res pictures of the new Audi A8

Will there be a hybrid A8?

Yes. We are working on a full hybrid solution for Audi and we’ll be announcing something in spring 2010. They probably won’t be diesel hybrids though. We’re starting with a hybrid Q5 with lithion-ion technology.

What about a four cylinder A8?

Why not? But this is not a question for engineers, it’s a question for the customer. I’ve driven a four-cylinder A8, so it’s possible, but customers are also asking for a 12-cylinder version. In the current A8 we made a 199 g/km version, but it hasn’t been attractive to customers.

What about other environmental tech?

We want to take out weight and want to further diesel and FSI technology. We can still improve fuel consumption. In fact, the average fuel consumption in the new A8 has fallen by 20 per cent. But we will not position Audi as a green car brand - we will fulfil regulations - but we are also an emotional brand.

How about electric?

We see hybrid as bridging technology to electrification of the car. But we don’t know if it’s five, 10 or 20 years away. The next step is to learn a lot more about it. We have to optimise performance of electric cars. Performance is part of our emotional appeal, so it’s very important. Electric power will also give Quattro more possibilities, such as powering the rear axle like in the A1 concept, or four wheels in motors like the E-tron. In fact, we want to launch a production E-tron in small volumes at the end of 2012.

Will the integration of Porsche into the VW Group change Audi’s plans?

Audi has a clear product portfolio and a clear strategy with or without Porsche. Engineers are now talking about a lot of things with Porsche. We would work without them, but Porsche will make it better.

How about making cars in the US?

In the long run we need to make cars in the US, but it needs to be the right product for the market. There’s no sense in exporting 80 to 90 per cent of them back to Europe.

How’s Audi doing at the moment?

2010 will be another growth year for Audi, by how much depends on how the market develops. I don’t think that we will see 2007 sales levels again until 2012. But Audi has got momentum and the product is accepted. The luxury market will start growing again in the mid and long-term. But there’s no doubt that it will come back again. It will be a big fight but that’s the nature of the market.

very interesting about S8

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/245470/

Audi S8 to set new standard

The forthcoming Audi S8, the hot version of the new A8 saloon, will set the template for the design of the company's future performance models, design director Stefan Sielaff has told Autocar.

"It will create a new design grammar which will also go onto the next S6, S7 and S1," said Sielaff.

This is also one of the first times that a senior Audi source has admitted that hit versions of the new A7 fastback and A1 supermini are in the pipeline.

Sielaff revealed that all of these S models would have more visual differentiation over the standard models than the current S line-up.

He also talked of increased use of aluminium and carbonfibre in the cabins to make them more special.

The next S8 is likely to be seen late next year, powered by a turbo V8 rather than the Lambo-sourced V10 of the current model.

They'd better make the S8 look way sportier than this. Why not put the V10 TT in the S8 to upstage all the competition, i mean the engine development is done and the customers in that category are not so sensitive to thirsty engines.

Overall I love the LED headlights, the interior but i preffered less B8 A4 in the proportions.

Overall i think Audi will prosper with the new A8. However it neither blows me away or underwhelms me in any way. It's progression on Audi's part but still conservative (design wise). Engineering/Amenity wise, there is just a slew of advancements to get excited about.

Did anyone get an idea of how much this beast weighs?

3.0 TDI 204 HP / 6,0 L/100 KM only FWD version

3.0 TDI 250 HP / 550Nm / 0-100 6,6 Sec / 6,6 L/100 Km

4.2 TDI 350 HP / 800Nm / 0-100 5,5 Sec / 7,6 L/100 Km

4.2 FSI 372 HP / 445Nm / 0-100 5,7 Sec / 9,5 L /100 Km
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    Overall i think Audi will prosper with the new A8. However it neither blows me away or underwhelms me in any way. It's progression on Audi's part but still conservative (design wise). Engineering/Amenity wise, there is just a slew of advancements to get excited about.

Did anyone get an idea of how much this beast weighs?
    Kreso wrote it

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showpost.ph...6&postcount=12

the designer

Kreso,

Everything I've seen and read over the last couple of years tells me that the 4.0 litre TFSI was always meant to debut in the A8. It was mentioned more than two years ago as being the next generation of V8 engine.

On the whole, I like this car. It looks good, if not revolutionary and the interior, as others have commented, is very plush and hi-tech. But where is the S4's 3.0 litre engine? i thought that would have been a dead cert? Overall, the engine department seems to be lagging behind the rest of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    Kreso,

Everything I've seen and read over the last couple of years tells me that the 4.0 litre TFSI was always meant to debut in the A8. It was mentioned more than two years ago as being the next generation of V8 engine.

On the whole, I like this car. It looks good, if not revolutionary and the interior, as others have commented, is very plush and hi-tech. But where is the S4's 3.0 litre engine? i thought that would have been a dead cert? Overall, the engine department seems to be lagging behind the rest of the car.
    New 4.0TFSI will debut in new S7, mated with 7speed S Tronic.

Overall, I also like new A8.

Engine department is not lagging IMHO. Both intro engines are excellent, of course IMHO.

I just saw it... it looks stunning to say the least... all black with chrome grill a very little red licence plate on the left side... the grill was completly visible with no big black stripe for euro license plates... didn't have any camera with me on my way to university here in Ingolstadt, but I can say it really looks beautiful in nature. No way Merc or Bimmer can compete!
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    Kreso,

this car is a large car that portends prestige. the 3.0T doesn't fill that requirement. a V8 does. in the market the A8 competes the buyer will not "buy" a 3.0T V6. acura tried this with the RL for two generations and it never worked. in the S8 i CAN see a V8T rather than a V10 as filling the "S"8 requirement without having to put in a 10 or 12 cylinder engine in that car. i have the feeling that the V8T will be introduced in 2010 in the S8 application- probably over the summer.

note that the rear end of the new A8 excludes displacement information. it only says FSI quattro. i suspect audi plans to change the 4.2 into a 4.5 FSI with valvelift as the new entry engine for this car sooner than we expect- with somethin in the range of 400 hp and 380 of torque.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    this car is a large car that portends prestige. the 3.0T doesn't fill that requirement. a V8 does. in the market the A8 competes the buyer will not "buy" a 3.0T V6. acura tried this with the RL for two generations and it never worked. in the S8 i CAN see a V8T rather than a V10 as filling the "S"8 requirement without having to put in a 10 or 12 cylinder engine in that car. i have the feeling that the V8T will be introduced in 2010 in the S8 application- probably over the summer.

note that the rear end of the new A8 excludes displacement information. it only says FSI quattro. i suspect audi plans to change the 4.2 into a 4.5 FSI with valvelift as the new entry engine for this car sooner than we expect- with somethin in the range of 400 hp and 380 of torque.

Interesting RXBG.

I do feel that audi "needs" a V10 application in S8 form, not because they can't apply the same performance with a V8 but because the S badge commands a larger cylindered engine.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    Audi use baukasten principe and if you know how that work you know that a 4.5 liter V8 is not possible.
    It would mean that the complete engine production line have to change for al the V engines.
    In that case it's more likely Audi will stop producing V8 engines and start to use Porsche V8 engines.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....