Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen A8.

i HOPE that the front will look like this

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    i HOPE that the front will look like this
    It will not.

http://www.autojunk.nl/2009/11/2010-audi-a8-teaser
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    very close to Qisha's pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Rgrd engine line-up - Audi HAS to launch smth in the territory 500+ to compete with S63 and 760i...
    Well, IMHO, MB S 600 is natural opponent for 760Li... Both are V12 bi turbo...

Audi could do something about next S8, but I'm not expecting wonders...

760i is not bi-turbo?
    oor bi-turbo?

Hi Friends,
    Usually my father writes posts here, but now it's my turn. I'm 20 now and studying in a technical university. Today we had been to one of the Hungarian Bosch factories (Hatvan) where car electornics are made for many cars. On one stand, our tour leader said that here we can see instrument clusters for BMW, Mercedes etc... AND the NEW Audi A8!!! Oh my... I thought, that's impossible, the car hasn't been released yet! But it was that...The new instrument cluster was that which looks very good to me and interesting to note that it will use many leds, because there were no red line in the tachometer, nor needles in the small instruments (water, petrol). It was very exciting to see something pre-release!
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    With that kind of video, it had better be stunning and not just an evolution of the current A8. Although, from the quick glimpses in the video, it looks the design and it is truely something to behold.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    760i is not bi-turbo?
    oor bi-turbo?
    BMW 760i...

6.0l, V12 biturbo...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...0li-auto_shows

Analysis

Well, i took the 10 minutes and capture some stills from the trailer, this is what i found.

Here is a screencap of the front and rear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now compare this to the front of the new A4 and rear of the 09 A6. They look very similar. Come on Audi, this is your flagship car, i wanted to see something less conservative....

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    Well, i took the 10 minutes and capture some stills from the trailer, this is what i found.

Here is a screencap of the front and rear.

Now compare this to the front of the new A4 and rear of the 09 A6. They look very similar. Come on Audi, this is your flagship car, i wanted to see something less conservative....

Great catch!
    Does not look like "revolutionary" or cutting edge based on the above details.
    S63TT

This is a pathetic attempt by Audi if it looks almost identical to the A4 and A6 range...
    Think i'll be keeping my D3 A8 if thats the case
    (Lets hope it looks different to the rest of the Audi range when they unveil it.)

Don't count on it.
    A7 will show the most progress.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by 54m View Post
    This is a pathetic attempt by Audi if it looks almost identical to the A4 and A6 range...
    Think i'll be keeping my D3 A8 if thats the case
    (Lets hope it looks different to the rest of the Audi range when they unveil it.)
    guys, chill!
    this IS the A4 B8! they just placed it in the clip to mislead everybody and not to show the car before the actual presentation! the REAL thing is much different! believe me!

remember?
    http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...ser_460x0w.jpg
    Last edited by darkop; November 23rd, 2009 at 04:41.

Banned
    Yes, imho the Autobild version looks much too conservative and plain boring for my taste, I sincerely hope the end result will be something closer to the renders posted by Qisha. For me those pics show the more aggressive and sporty direction that Audi has been claiming the new A8 will represent.
    -just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by xotic View Post
    Yes, imho the Autobild version looks much too conservative and plain boring for my taste, I sincerely hope the end result will be something closer to the renders posted by Qisha. For me those pics show the more aggressive and sporty direction that Audi has been claiming the new A8 will represent.
    -just my 2 cents
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    guys, chill!
    this IS the A4 B8! they just placed it in the clip to mislead everybody and not to show the car before the actual presentation! the REAL thing is much different! believe me!

remember?
    http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...ser_460x0w.jpg
    That is not the A4 B8 in the clip. Pay very close attention to the shape of the rear and front headlamps to spot the differences. It's quite apparent.

As of now i am not totally impressed by the exterior looks but i cant wait to see the interior and engineering advancements.

Let's just hope Audi steps up the engine development to match the other areas in which they made advancements. It would be interesting to get some insight from someone more knowledgeable than me as i recall way more BMW engine launches than VAG in the past 2 - 3 years: 2 liter diesel biturbo, 3 liter diesel biturbo, biturbo gasoline V8.

Why not fit the biturbo W12 from the Bentleys in the D4 A8 to match the new 760i and S65 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyklon5 View Post
    Let's just hope Audi steps up the engine development to match the other areas in which they made advancements. It would be interesting to get some insight from someone more knowledgeable than me as i recall way more BMW engine launches than VAG in the past 2 - 3 years: 2 liter diesel biturbo, 3 liter diesel biturbo, biturbo gasoline V8.

Why not fit the biturbo W12 from the Bentleys in the D4 A8 to match the new 760i and S65 ?
    A8,lighter by about 500lbs then the cars above,with W12 TT power would absolutely kill them in every performance category.
    It is easily doable for Audi,I'm just afraid they are afraid to dominate and will pull the punches to prevent that knock-out.
    I'm afraid we will get another (unnecessarily)neutered car like the current S8/A8W12.
    S63TT