Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen A8.

i assume, at least here in the US, it'll start with a new 4.0TT V8 motor with about 400 hp and then offer a detuned RS6 motor for the S8- about 500 hp.

will the A8 or the A7 be introduced first?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

A8..., I think. But A7 could be introduced without problems... There is huge market for it.

the A7 wil be based on the a6 and will not enter in the a8 catergory.....thanks god ........who needs a 4 door coupe........
    saluto da mike the Nougatilicious marker

switzerland - a land flowing with milk and honey

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Mike View Post
    the A7 wil be based on the a6...
    Correct, direct MB CLS competitor...

I like the idea of an A7, because I love the looks of the A5, but if I sit in it, there's absolutly no room for anyone in the back seat...

If I had alot of money to spend on a car, the idea of a roomy 4-door-coupe from Audi would be my first choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Mike View Post
    the A7 wil be based on the a6.....
    And will be made out of aluminium.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

I think the current A8 is probably the classiest car on the road right now, and if the design never changed I'd be happy.

Too much suspense to wait and see if the new A8 is on the same level.
    We know it will be though.

~Mason
    1995 Audi A6 Quattro Sedan, 218K miles.
    2009 Audi A5 S-line, 5500 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by OfftheHeZie View Post
    I think the current A8 is probably the classiest car on the road right now, and if the design never changed I'd be happy.

Too much suspense to wait and see if the new A8 is on the same level.
    We know it will be though.

~Mason
    The new A8-Series is not likely to bow in until 2011 or about three years from now according to the general manager of my dealership. He has seen the basic plans for the new A8 at one of those special dealership events Audi holds in Inglostadt for future products. It is going to be one amazing vehicle from at least the technology and interior design side of it. No one knows the exterior design or look of it at this time.

Also, he has seen the ACTUAL A5 Cabriolet and he says that Audi has captured the essence of the A5 design in it. The lines of the A5 remain in the Cabriolet form and it will be one "sexy" car. Currently in LA, dealers are getting about 10,000 USD mark-ups on the A5s and a more so on the S5s. Cannot keep them in stock as Audi is not sending as many here. His S5 was for sale at 71,000 USD and the A5 was for sale at 61,000 USD. Both sold the same day during the Audi A4 Launch party at the dealership while we were there. Audi is very hot in Los Angeles and Southern California.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Sounds great! Thanks for the info.

~Mason
    1995 Audi A6 Quattro Sedan, 218K miles.
    2009 Audi A5 S-line, 5500 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    The new A8-Series is not likely to bow in until 2011 or about three years from now according to the general manager of my dealership. He has seen the basic plans for the new A8 at one of those special dealership events Audi holds in Inglostadt for future products. It is going to be one amazing vehicle from at least the technology and interior design side of it. No one knows the exterior design or look of it at this time.

Also, he has seen the ACTUAL A5 Cabriolet and he says that Audi has captured the essence of the A5 design in it. The lines of the A5 remain in the Cabriolet form and it will be one "sexy" car. Currently in LA, dealers are getting about 10,000 USD mark-ups on the A5s and a more so on the S5s. Cannot keep them in stock as Audi is not sending as many here. His S5 was for sale at 71,000 USD and the A5 was for sale at 61,000 USD. Both sold the same day during the Audi A4 Launch party at the dealership while we were there. Audi is very hot in Los Angeles and Southern California.
    It seems that SoCal and New England command the most number of Audi buyers. Is that safe to say?

As per the A8. I am sure it will be even more successful than the current model. Audi captured the market's appeal for a large luxury sedan with the A8 and the next generation will be even better. Hopefully, the sales figures will improve!

Jarod.

Don't know about the rear and side profile. Needs some more tweeking my the Audi design house. Also, is that a bangle butt? I hope not! That would be sacrilege !

C'mon - what's wrong with the sideprofile? I think it looks good.

The rear needs get used to, but is nowhere near as bad as bangle's - and as always: never judge an Audi before you have seen it in real life

It really seems to be the real deal with some minor pshop (rear lights & rings), which you can see when you hold the magazine in your hands.

Good for us, bad for Audi that this pics show up more 1 year before the new model is available. Wonder what went wrong here.

Some interesting details i noticed:

You already saw the new MMI control unit in the one pic, BUT there is a touchpad to the lower right of the gear lever, which seems to sustitute the new joystick control (Q5, A6, A8 - 3G MMI).

The steering wheel is certaily not final (no multifunction whhel for all the expected goodies?)

The Audi multimedia unit (above the climate control) seems to be not finished = missing a cover? 3 SD card slots visible

New colour display between gauges (speedo, rev)

Strange opening besides the gear lever (far right) - could that be for the already shown (study) Audi control & phone unit? pure speculation, but it seems as the opening was designed to hold something

Will see the real deal in Sep. 09 in Frankfurt at the latest

cheers
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

looks interesting. i don't know where the "pics" came from, but it can't be a real car. the dash and lower console do not line up, the rims are old style circa 2004 s-lines here in the US, the headlights are the full led style like the R8's, but with the dotted daytime led running lights from the std R8 headlights, not the continuous strip like the full-on led lights, the trunk lid would be a disaster if audi made it like that, the odo/speedometer look cheap and like the ones on the B5 A4, and the steering wheel has no controls and is circa 2004 A6. finally, the grille is reminiscent of that new V8 hyundai.

i think this is an old mock up rendering.
    Last edited by RXBG; September 22nd, 2008 at 15:02.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Was there not something about the new A8 coming with a finger print device which wouldn't start the car unless it matched the data stored in it's memory?
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Was there not something about the new A8 coming with a finger print device which wouldn't start the car unless it matched the data stored in it's memory?
    The current A8 already has that option...no?

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    The current A8 already has that option...no?
    Yes it have.

Jarod.

From the massive looking Front Grille, it is obvious the next A8 will be huge! Yes, there is something strange with the rims.