Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi RS5 Coupe'.

Just to informe you, there will be no m3 csl of the current m3 version.
    Officialy dinied by bmw. But an m3 competition witch is not comparable to the csl version of the m3 e46.

There were aswell 2 types of m6 csl test versions (prototypes) with aproximatly 600 hp witch are already destroyed and therefore wont be any version of an m6 csl in the next years.

So no M3 CSL to compete with the RS5, what a shame as such a battle would have been great to read and watch in future years.

Also the M6 CSL with the 600hp, why did they dump this project as well. Surely it would have meet with more success as people in the 100K+ bracket are less affected by the current economy than the rest of us are.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Reason why i dont know, but under this link you find an official statement of bmw that there will be no csl.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...3979_13987.hbs

But there will be a competition m3 arriving with the facelift of the m3. But probably this will not be a light version of the m3

RS4/5 should have a FI V8. 450-500 hp range.

The S4 should make 350+. Everything else is up to Audi.

I am so looking forward to getting the new RS5. But as it is, the RS5 risks becoming a very heavy car for its class just like the RS6. The S tronic and sport diff are fine, but add considerable weight to an already heavy car. And to put a heavy FI for the sake of CO2 would be plain stupid in very limited production enthusiast car. Audi can save the world with the mass produced A1s or A5s. The new SC 3.0 V6 is just as heavy as a NA V8 with no gain in power or torque...

The new 3.0TFSI engine weigh 189 kg compleet with SC.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

So, I predict that is the answer to our argue about RS4 / RS5 engine setup and market positioning.

A must read!

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_4182.shtml

I had already my doubt's about a 3.0TFSI engine RS4/5.
    Also a 333 hp S4 is a long way from a RS4 if it gets 470 hp 4.2 FSI V8.
    Is some what the same like the S6 versus RS6 ± 140 hp diffrence.

Jarod.

hilarious to think some people thought an RS4/5 would get a V6 engine.

and what that article also implies is that the V8 in the S5 will be replaced by the same engine as that in the upcoming S4 as part of those cost cutting measures. i am a bit surprised to hear that audi will stick to a modified B7 RS4 motor for the RS4/5. i don't believe that for a second. even if you make 50 more horses you can't make more torque. they'd have to remove 300 pounds from the S5 to make it compete with the likes of the upcoming CLK 63 AMG and definitely beat the current M3. i am still betting my marbles on audi putting either a high revving 4.5 liter NA engine, a version of the upcoming 4.0 TT engine, or a SC/TT version of the current RS4 engine, with the same engine choice also replacing the current base R8 engine. the issue is torque. 325 lb/ft just won't cut it for a car in the 3600 lb weight class that will come out nearly two years from now and that is expected to do battle and be produced for 3 years after that.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    even if you make 50 more horses you can't make more torque. they'd have to remove 300 pounds from the S5 to make it compete with the likes of the upcoming CLK 63 AMG and definitely beat the current M3. i am still betting my marbles on audi putting either a high revving 4.5 liter NA engine, a version of the upcoming 4.0 TT engine, or a SC/TT version of the current RS4 engine, with the same engine choice also replacing the current base R8 engine. the issue is torque. 325 lb/ft just won't cut it for a car in the 3600 lb weight class that will come out nearly two years from now and that is expected to do battle and be produced for 3 years after that.
    Quite - but I reckon that things are probably not this simple in terms of what Audi is aiming for. I think Audi already has or will have to give up on beating the CLK 63 in terms of acceleration. Rather they will probably focus on dynamics and making the most of the revised quattro at a sligthly lower price than CLK 63, which is very expensive. I fully expect the RS5 to just pip the 2010 facelifited M3 in dry disciplines, but only just much the same way as the current M3 is only a marginal (non-quattro) improvement on the B7 RS4.

A bi-turbo 4.0L V8 would easily produce more bhp & torgue than a modded B7 NA 4.2 V8. However, the 3.0 SC V6 weighs 189kg and the bi-turbo 5.0 V10 278kg so most of the new platform's weight distribution gains would be lost - so I think that Audi will stay focused on repeating the winning recepy, indeed tweak the NA 4.2 V8 to 450PS (facelifted M3 440PS?), improve response and efficiency and mate it S-tronic only for acceleration and C02 gains.

well these latest news are bad.... we all hoped for a turbo or a compressor but no further NA engine....

That will make me choose rather the future TT R(S) which will have same performance as RS4 V8 (B7) but with tunability... that's a huge difference...

we need to see the looks of the TT RS, it probably will never be as sexy as the RS5, but not sure it will be a bas choice...

I think the TTS is better looking then that overweight A5/S5 boat.
    The TT RS will ± weigh 1400 Kg.

btw, a TVS SC will give you between 104 and 111 hp per litre, even in case of a Corvette ZR1.

Jarod.

I think that NA also has some pluses.
    I think one of the reasons for NA is heat, because SC and TT need too much cooling.
    and NA with direct injection is not that low on torque as it may seem - so it will be very nice IMHO

Jarod.