Thread: Vid: RS6 vs C63 around Silverstone.

Vid: RS6 vs C63 around Silverstone.

http://www.drivers-republic.com/vide...1bd98b8#videos

(and yes, that engine is torque limited by the gearbox) watch the video to find what I'm on about

LOL. They conducted the first part of the test in Yorkshire. We have the best roads.

but isn't it quite disappointing that the RS6 with 580 Hp loses the dragrace against the C63??Ok, I know that the RS6 is heavier, but still....

Another thing that is going in my mind, is the transmission that can't hold the enormous torque and is limited. Why the Merc can handle all the torque, like the S65 that has a limited 1000Nm??

Is this a failure by Audi, because they can't build a transmission that can handle a lot of torque???
    Still enjoying the 5cilinders of Audi :D

Audi should have used the trannsmission that is fitted to the Bentley Continental GT Speed. That is rated at 750nm (553lb/ft).
    Thats about the output I would have expected from an engine of this type and size.

Quote Originally Posted by Kliko61 View Post
    but isn't it quite disappointing that the RS6 with 580 Hp loses the dragrace against the C63??Ok, I know that the RS6 is heavier, but still....

Another thing that is going in my mind, is the transmission that can't hold the enormous torque and is limited. Why the Merc can handle all the torque, like the S65 that has a limited 1000Nm??

Is this a failure by Audi, because they can't build a transmission that can handle a lot of torque???
    The C63 probably had the same engine as the E63 (less power on paper, but in reality?)

3.3 seconds a lap quicker is pretty amazing and the RS6 gets better fuel economy (not that it really matters?)
    Last edited by chewym; July 14th, 2008 at 02:24.

AMG seems to be using the same 6.3 litre engine in its current lineup, just with different tuning IIRC.

Not surprised to see the C63 winning the drag race, it is quicker to 100mph in almost every test I have seen so why should this one be any different.

I don't know if the torque is being limited on take off, I doubt it but there is no doubt that the total torque the engine is producing is limited because of the gearbox. Could they have used the Bentley box? I would say they weighed up the pros and cons and decided to go with the best overall choice.

There is no doubt the rubber is playing it's part in the lap times but that said he (Chris) felt the RS6 had better control in the corners and had more grunt down hanger straight, over 150mph which is very impressive, I know I have driven there before and the best I got out of a produce car was 142mph which would have been taking the corner prior a little harder as well.

I think all things considered the RS6 coped very well indeed against the challenge of the C63.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Don't know if you can see this:

http://www.drivers-republic.com/flash/flv_tv.swf?flvSource=t4x4jmc6xyccepz0tcq8squg.flv&ampreplay=1[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="600" height="361">

MB
    Last edited by Michaël Barbé; July 20th, 2008 at 15:21.
    What is an Audi without quattro?

What is an Audi without quattro?

if you want to watch the video, use this url: http://www.drivers-republic.com/flas...lv&ampreplay=1