Thread: When will S5 be available with DSG box OR Tiptronic?

When will S5 be available with DSG box OR Tiptronic?

As per the title, is there any word from Audi when this will be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by oilman4345 View Post
    As per the title, is there any word from Audi when this will be an option?
    Tiptronic...right now

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/ne...fications.html

When the S4 is to get the S/Tronic at launch near the end of the year I can't understand why Audi decided to bring out an auto in the S5, it didn't and doesn't make sense.

Well not to me.
    Search and you will find the truth.

In some countries, there is no longer a market 4 a manual gearbox. Go 2 any European car dealership in Aus & u will find that everything is auto.
    This trend is spreading worldwide, a few more years & the only place u will c a manual gearbox is in a Museum.

Quote Originally Posted by M3 owner View Post
    In some countries, there is no longer a market 4 a manual gearbox. Go 2 any European car dealership in Aus & u will find that everything is auto.
    This trend is spreading worldwide, a few more years & the only place u will c a manual gearbox is in a Museum.
    but because of increasing petrol prices people started to prefer manual gearbox in germany. This is what I heard from my audi dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by M3 owner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by selman
    but because of increasing petrol prices people started to prefer manual gearbox in germany. This is what I heard from my audi dealer.
    This is the reason why I am surprised Audi didn't side step the normal automatic altogether and just fit the S/Tronic. I can't understand the logic in it all.

Tiptronic is out now, R-tronic is put in 10 cars and being tested as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by BojanRS4 View Post
    Tiptronic is out now, R-tronic is put in 10 cars and being tested as we speak
    You mean, S-tronic is put in ten cars...

I read that some where also, but, as far as S5 have 4.2 engine, transmission will remain the same, Tiptronic.

I was informed that Audi can't build enough cars PERIOD. The Q5 is delayed according to my dealer and he believes the S4 will also be delayed until Jan '09.

The R/Tronic will make it into the S5, along with the rest of the A4 and A5 models but in the S5 Audi seem to have taken a step away from the usual standing for this type of car and are themselves classing it more as a GT and less a true sports coupe. That is the reason for the engine split between S4 and S5 (3.0SC vs 4.2v8) and the gearbox split (7sp DSG vs Automatic).

I wonder are Audi waiting for Torque Vectoring to be introduced before changing the status of the S5?

Exact thing I read... S5 has position in so called ''GT'' segment, and S5 buyers don't demand something fast as S-tronic, Tiptronic is just enough for them...