Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS6.com report: 300 km/h+ in the new Audi RS6, MTM RS6 666 hp, MTM R8 Kompressor etc.

Bought the RS6 from London Audi, sold it back to Dick lovets in Bristol for new 996 Turbo 10 months later for £59,000. Turbo was £89,000, no discount.

The dealer has 4..yes 4 RS6 in stock. None sold and I
    was the only one who had a deposit down of £5k.

I seriously disagree with your opinion that these will hold their values. This car will do up to £30,000 in 12 months in deprecation. That's what ultimately put me off. I'd lose less on an Aston. I had an AMV8 for a year or so and lost approx £1200 per month, same with 360.

The RS4 appeals to more as it lies within reach of more people at £50k. The RS6 is £20k too much. At £60-65k I may have been tempted, but even with the discount offered, I was not quite at that level. And then there's the looks....or lack of them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the subtle nuance of the RS4, and hate wings/spoilers and beardies who wear blue subaru jackets, but the RS6 offers a new level of missed opportunity for Audi. Too expensive, and ultimately too understated.

One thing i do agree with you on Robbo is that 80k is rediculous, I certainly would not pay 80k for it. But and this is a big BUT, in the audi dealer today, new A4 avant 3.0tdi quatro- £45k! The world has gone mad........
    Sorry Eric OT there!
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo66 View Post

Don't get me wrong, I like the subtle nuance of the RS4, and hate wings/spoilers and beardies who wear blue subaru jackets, but the RS6 offers a new level of missed opportunity for Audi. Too expensive, and ultimately too understated.
    So...whats the deal? You dont like the car because it looks boring? Well...your opinion. I for myself love this "stealth".
    Given then features like engine, gearbox, interior etc the pricetag (imho) is acceptable.
    Of course, if you want an aggressive car with alot of HP then you should look elsewhere. Afterall its still a station wagon....with alot of HP. And thats why people love it.
    Good....bad.....hey i am the guy with the RS6!

Talking

The looks of the new RS6 are right on. Just what Audi is marketting to.

I'd love one, but too expensive for me, I am just a surgeon!!! Its 1:30 am and I'm waiting to do a colon resection for a lady with a bowel obstruction for which I'll make about $800. for. You get a mechanic to fix your car at 1:30 am for $800 no friggin way! God Medicine SUCKS! Driving my RS6 keeps me sane.

gosh all these people complaining...... lots of people would be very happy with thes $ 800.... some peopel don't make that in a month....
    show some respect.... even if you think it, don't comment about that....

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    gosh all these people complaining...... lots of people would be very happy with thes $ 800.... some peopel don't make that in a month....
    Absolutely right Youry
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    Dude, about $850 is the average monthly paycheck here in Croatia

IMHO the new RS6 felt so numb compared to the almost brutal pull of the C5 (stage 2+) although I'd buy one and get Grizz/MRC/Milltek to sort it out.

BUT at the moment, bang for buck, I'm going for the GT-R... the Mrs can have the Estate. At least I didn't say "Nissan" D'oh.

Bought the RS6 from London Audi, sold it back to Dick lovets in Bristol for new 996 Turbo 10 months later for £59,000. Turbo was £89,000, no discount.

I seriously disagree with your opinion that these will hold their values. This car will do up to £30,000 in 12 months in deprecation. That's what ultimately put me off. I'd lose less on an Aston. I had an AMV8 for a year or so and lost approx £1200 per month, same with 360.

The RS4 appeals to more as it lies within reach of more people at £50k. The RS6 is £20k too much. At £60-65k I may have been tempted, but even with the discount offered, I was not quite at that level. And then there's the looks....or lack of them.

In MY opinion, there are sooooo many things wrong with these statements that I don't know where to start or to even start...

I will agree with Youry, you should be thankful that you can even afford any of the vehicles listed in your rant/praise/sinking mud bog. My money goes to the "Start em Young, I always say" link... Better investment, Better returns...

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Dude, about $850 is the average monthly paycheck here in Croatia
    nemož ti debilima objašnjavat

The same thing applies to all the cars that the RS6 is competing with and in most cases the others will lose a lot more. AMGs at this price level loses a bucket, same for the M5 and more so the M6. At over £70K you are starting to push the boundaries of what a quite wealthy person wants to spend on a car.

Unlike the RS6 which is a proper family car the others you mentioned, the Aston and Ferrari 360 are classed as really wealthy people's toys and all have a waiting list far in excess of what Audi demand for the RS6. Though I agree that the RS6 will lose more money than the RS4 I am not so sure that your percentages are correct. £30K of a drop is 40% in the first year, that far excesses all other cars in it's class and yet it's numbers will be smaller than the rest meaning a more limited supply and less coming up for sale. All of this usually means the opposite of your opinion.

I'm no expert but I would have thought the between 20~25% in the first year was the more likely lose and that would mean not £30K but £15K~£19K roughly. Still more than I would be willing to lose but then again I wouldn't place this much in a car to start with.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duma View Post
    nemož ti debilima objašnjavat

Frajer ima RS6 i zaradi hrvatsku plaću s jednom operacijom i žali se! Bogec!

(Sorry everyone for not using English)

悪気はない撮影を、私は期待をお持ちの美しい日の男です。

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    The same thing applies to all the cars that the RS6 is competing with and in most cases the others will lose a lot more. AMGs at this price level loses a bucket, same for the M5 and more so the M6. At over £70K you are starting to push the boundaries of what a quite wealthy person wants to spend on a car.

Unlike the RS6 which is a proper family car the others you mentioned, the Aston and Ferrari 360 are classed as really wealthy people's toys and all have a waiting list far in excess of what Audi demand for the RS6. Though I agree that the RS6 will lose more money than the RS4 I am not so sure that your percentages are correct. £30K of a drop is 40% in the first year, that far excesses all other cars in it's class and yet it's numbers will be smaller than the rest meaning a more limited supply and less coming up for sale. All of this usually means the opposite of your opinion.

I'm no expert but I would have thought the between 20~25% in the first year was the more likely lose and that would mean not £30K but £15K~£19K roughly. Still more than I would be willing to lose but then again I wouldn't place this much in a car to start with.
    I agree, but the RS6 has alienated a good % of potential buyers such as myself by being too heavy and simply bland in design compared to the more aggressive RS4. This will affect residuals. Also has the current financial climate to consider as well as M5 Touring.

£30,000, I'm afraid is a near certainty. I was offered my £81,000 RS6 for £72,000, brand new, if I were to reconsider. Again, you would then lose a further £20,000 in depreciation. There was not a sniff of a discount 2 months ago.
    The dealer has 4 in stock. Have to ask yourself why.

Wait 12 months an these will be £50,000 for decent low miler. May consider then.

It really depends on how many actually sell, and how many people want a 2nd hand 2 tonne 200mph gas guzzler, and how many will be still on the forecourt in 12 months time. I doubt the fall will be £30k in one year, but you will be looking at 50% in 3 years so a loss of around £40k... personally I'll let someone else pay the bulk of the depreciation first.

Anyway, this is all speculative. Give it 12 months and we will know.

when you are on that operating table you will pay more to get your health and life back .... if you want to make more than $800/month, go to school and find a decent job .....
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

Erik, did the stock car have a black exhaust pipes? I can't find that option on order list ....
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

Quote Originally Posted by gjg View Post
    when you are on that operating table you will pay more to get your health and life back .... if you want to make more than $800/month, go to school and find a decent job .....
    I said the average paycheck was 850, not that it was my paycheck...don't u worry about me

It was just fun for me to see someone earns an average paycheck in an hour...and is not satisfied