Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6.com report: 300 km/h+ in the new Audi RS6, MTM RS6 666 hp, MTM R8 Kompressor etc.

No 1 RS6.com report: 300 km/h+ in the new Audi RS6, MTM RS6 666 hp, MTM R8 Kompressor etc.

I will continue to update this story with more words and pics, so please visit soon again for the latest.

Soooo...I am back from a visit in the Ingolstadt area.
    The weather was nice and warm, but the rain was really hanging in the air.

Read on...

We land in Franz Josef Strauss International Airport and drive for less than an hour to get to Ingolstadt. Ingolstadt is a faily small place, domiated by Audi.
    It is also the place for the Audi Forum, where you can pick up your brand new Audi, have a tour in the great museum and eat and dine well.

I don't want to make anyone disappointed. Obviously a roadtrip like these takes some contacts and planning to work 100%. You can't just book a ticket an expect to get the keys to an RS6.

Inside you will find a very good museum. Not to be missed if you're around.

The building to the left is where you can pick your brand new Audi up. It also has two restaurants (incl. Avus fine dining)
    and the Audi shop.

Soon enough we're inside the latest Audi RS6 Avant, enjoying it to the fullest.

V10 T FSI 580 hp and 650 Nm of torque.

I'm really surprised that the gear changes are so fast. The tiptronic feels perfect, and it keeps the gear in place even when you hit the limiter.

We drive a nice mixture of Autobahn and "yellow" roads, the curvier b-roads with a lot of ups and downs.

Shaken...but I think you get the idea I think.

The car had the delimiter option from Audi, giving the RS6 a top speed of 280 km/h. The limiter feels very soft you don't hit a wall like I have felt with other cars.
    As you can see the speedo is a bit higher.
    The pics are taken on an unlimited Autobahn.

I will fill in with more pics lateron, but it is time to move on to my next experience.

So what could possiblt beat the new Audi RS6? Well a tuned on of course...

As you may know the tuner MTM (Motor-Technik-Mayer) is nearby. Just by chance they had a few cars waiting for me.

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/

I'm not sure if the final figures have been released/fixed. But the dyno showed 666 hp on stock wheels. So is this really the Number of the Beast? :king:
    The torque is 786 Nm (limited). Without the limiter we're looking at perhaps 1000 Nm.

Well the engine is pushing 1.6 bars instead of stock 0.7 (AFAIK) so yes you can feel a big difference.

As you can see the car from MTM has a front lip and rear diffusor in carbon fibre.

The car also has an exhaust from MTM.

Talking about the exhaust. At first I tought the sound in the gear changes on both the stock and tuned car was a bit strange. But the more I drive the more addiction I get. I think that during the gear change the engine cuts the ignition, creating some sort of back draft in the exhaust. Like a Brrr-like sound.

Apparently the tiptronic is adaptive, so with more power the gear change goes quicker. I don't have any data to support this, but it's myfeeling which is also supported by talks with some technical people.

For reasons you may suspect, I was focused on the driving, I don't have any 300 km/h+ pics at this time in the MTM RS6.
    However Claes Nilsson http://www.cnfoto.se/ managed to catch this picture in the same car.

Then the MTM R8 Kompressor / Supercharger was waiting for me.

V8 with twin screw supercharger, belt driven creating 560 hp at 0.55 bar and 580 Nm of torque.
    0-100 km/ in 3.9 secs (same as MTM RS6) and 0-200 km/h in 12.5 secs (probably slower than the RS6 )

The MTM R8 was on Cup tires, so I'm happy it wasn't wet outside.

This car is completly different to the RS6. You can really feel you're inside a sportscar, the car is much more nervous and takes a lot more activity from the driver to deliver its fullest.

The R8 was a manual and as a first it took me some learning. I'm used to manuals, but the R8 console is a bit special and takes some time to get used to.

I also drove the Tuner Gran Prix winner in the diesel class, the MTM A5 3.0 TDI "Clubsport".

The engine is a pearl (feels 100% stock, except more powerful) and the suspension/chassis is really really well tuned. A true diamond.

To be updated...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Erik!!! You lucky batsard......

Great report, thanks
    Get out and drive

I love the dyno reading, 666 the number of the beast. That would be a great name to call it.

MTM 'The Beast' RS6 :king:
    Search and you will find the truth.

Erik, could please tell about acceleration figures for MTM RS6?
    Was it quicker than 13 sec up to 200?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I love the dyno reading, 666 the number of the beast.

MTM 'The Beast' RS6 :king:
    Yes, we all know which car is the real BEAST now.

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Erik, could please tell about acceleration figures for MTM RS6?
    Was it quicker than 13 sec up to 200?
    I'm sorry but I had no means to test it.

All I can say is that ii's for sure faster than stock.

I have the spec sheet from MTM.

It says 0 - 100 km/h in 3.9 secs.

But the figues 0 - 200 km/h is clearly wrong (typo) so I don't want to quote it (it's more like a possible 0-300 km/h time. I wish, haha )

Erik,

Nice report.

How did you like R8 gated shifter? Little bit more about your opinion about MTM R8 please if possible...?

Wow this is just great! Any videos maybe? Have fun!
    " I Am A Driving God! "

Is it just me or on this picture the right LEDs don't work?

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Is it just me or on this picture the right LEDs don't work?
    I've checked my sequence of pics and it's interesting because it's got to be due to the frequency of the LEDs and the shutter speed.

In some pics both sides can be seen, and then alternated left - right on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    It says 0 - 100 km/h in 3.9 secs.

You don't even know how happy you made me with just this one sentence!!

MB
    What is an Audi without quattro?

I'm moving to Europe...

I'm moving to Ingolstadt!!

Goddamn!!! I WANT the RS6 MTM!!

MB

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I'm moving to Europe...
    Yes, if you want to enjoy the RS6 that is now the one and only option.

The conversion rate € vs. $ makes it impossible to sell such a car in the US, and I guess Audi would have to remake a lot of things to make it match US safety regulations (and possibly emissions).

I guess the RS6 sedan will be released in the Paris show, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    How did you like R8 gated shifter? Little bit more about your opinion about MTM R8 please if possible...?
    Thanks.

I didn't like the shifter at first, but I think it takes some getting used to.
    The R-tronic is probably not a better option.

I will start a seperate thread for the MTM R8, but you can imagine the feeling from this video.

Keywords: 5k revs

For MTM R8 video: http://www.sportbilen.se/index.php?p...at.php?id=1903

Here's the latest fashion for RS6-ers.

At €330 I think it's a bit pricey.

Note the RS6 polo shirt as well, for around €90.

Thank you very much for a nice report!! I can se that you hade a lot off FUN!! Hope to se some video off the BEST

What is it that stinks so much around here??

Oh! It's you Fart, didn't see you there mate!

MB