Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi TT RS testing on the ring today (video)

Audi TT RS testing on the ring today (video)

Sorry about the low quality, t-mobile wireless wont let me upload bigger files to youtube. I'll upload some high-res when I get home...

Sounds a lot like the B5 RS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMTUNGJU_WA

has the engine been confirmed yet?

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

You cant beat the sound of a in line 5

Bring it on!

That's a very nice sound:bigeyes:
    5 cilinder, back to the roots

yesssssssss, this is awesome!!!I love the sound!!!
    Still enjoying the 5cilinders of Audi :D

Of vourse it is a 5 cylinders ! ! !

Frederic

I wonder if the price of this car will be scarier then it’s performance??

Quote Originally Posted by M3 owner View Post
    I wonder if the price of this car will be scarier then it’s performance??
    I'm guessing but in the UK where the TT/S is £34K I would reckon on pricing another £8~9K for the TT/RS if the changes are as big as Jarod believes or maybe £5~6K if they are not. Sorry for the wide price range but until everything is know that will be changed it harder to tie down a more accurate price.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I'm guessing but in the UK where the TT/S is £34K I would reckon on pricing another £8~9K for the TT/RS if the changes are as big as Jarod believes or maybe £5~6K if they are not.
    I believe nothing rumour (UK TT Forum) wise, i only belive the solid info i have.
    There is no way that a inline five will fit longitudinal in the TT with a B8 Quattro gearbox.
    It will only fit longitudinal if Audi use the same transaxial 4WD system as the Nissan GT-R, and i don't see that happening any time soon.
    The info i have say it will be transverse mounted like all other engine's in the TT.
    The only question mark is the Torsen/Haldex rumour.
    So far my info say it wil be XWD Haldex.
    The question is, is it possible to make a transverse Quattro gearbox with a Torsen centre diff. ?
    If so, then Audi can have a big surprise for us, otherwise it will be XWD Haldex IMHO.

Jarod.

Jarod,

Sorry mate for making it sound like you had all of the answers. We know that all of the answer aren't known as yet, the engine is almost definite, the awd system is most likely the same as TT/S but with software tweaks and suspension will keep the MagneticRide but with tweaks to the other components. The gearbox will be S/Tronic and will most likely have 7 gears as the current version can't cope with more than 258ft/lbs.

The statement above was addressing the question on cost and nothing else. If it's solely an engine and gearbox change with tweaked awd software and supension then the lower cost would be the most likely outcome. But if they repositioned the engine, used a different gearbox design/housing than any other model then the development cost would demand a much greater outlay from the customer. As for the bodywork, I have my idea on the look and hope it comes off.

The only constant I do know is that it will be an amazing little DRIVER'S car.

Here is a part quote:

Can you explain to me how that will work on a transverse mounted R5T engine.
    As I said in this thread and many times previously, the 2.5T is a longitudinal mounted engine NOT transverse, Torsen only fits to longitudinal.

Because there is no way that the R5T will fit longitudinal under the bonnet of the TT body.
    Who says?!? I got information from my contact about the the 2.5T back in Oct 2006, and the info is still coming now, so I have no reason to disbelieve that a mule exists with this engine.

How it's connected/mounted only the development team knows the intricacies, but these cars are 'mules' so they have all sorts of things that we will never get to know about or never even see the light of day. Just because something is in a mule it doesn't mean it will make it into production, it's just there for testing, hence the 'mule'! As you know, since the MK2's launch several mules have existed with lot's of configurations and combinations, for which I know of at least 3 that were forced induction 3.2 engines that have now been taken apart.

The 2.5T is a longitudinal mounted engine, so if the 2.5T is given the go ahead then Torsen is the most likely 4wd system IMO, regardless of how they mount/connect it.
    Jarod.

I know there has been several test mules, as is always the case when developing a new model. I remember hearing early reports that a TT/S with a little over 300hp posted a time of 8:14 on the ring which is a good omen for anything the TT/RS is capable of. Not everything will see the light of day but the fact that they are trying a torsen awd system proves how committed Audi are to make this TT the ultimate driver's car in the sector.

If one of the TT RS mule's have a Longitudinal 2.5 litre R5T engine under the bonnet (but i doubt that), i can assure you there will also be a TT RS mule with longitudinal 3.0 litre V6 Supercharger (new S4) engine.
    In that case i don't see the R5T engine have any chance against the 3.0 V6 Supercharge engine.
    If there is a longitudinal R5T under the bonnet of the TT RS mule it will have a complete new Quattro system and be using a front axle system like this to fit under the bonnet.

Because the R5T is to long to fit longitudinal under the TT bonnet with the B8 gearbox IMHO.
    And it will corner/steer worse then a TT 3.2 Quattro with that much engine over the front axle.

Jarod.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    If one of the TT RS mule's have a Longitudinal 2.5 litre R5T engine under the bonnet (but i doubt that), i can assure you there will also be a TT RS mule with longitudinal 3.0 litre V6 Supercharger (new S4) engine.
    In that case i don't see the R5T engine have any chance against the 3.0 V6 Supercharge engine.
    If there is a longitudinal R5T under the bonnet of the TT RS mule it will have a complete new Quattro system and be using a front axle system like this to fit under the bonnet.

Because the R5T is to long to fit longitudinal under the TT bonnet with the B8 gearbox IMHO.
    And it will corner/steer worse then a TT 3.2 Quattro with that much engine over the front axle.

Jarod.
    Where did you get that photo because I am sure I have seen that before somewhere.

Learned a bit more about the TT in this video and Audi have upped the more even more than we first thought was it's limit. I think the early prediction of 300~310hp from some on this site will be proven wrong and by more than a little bit. I also learned a bit more about the awd system but will hold off saying anything until I know a lot more on how it's set up.

Watch this space.

Yes, talked to a few people myself and this black TT-R testmule is realy a testmule for some new technology.
    The info and video also make one thing very clear, "this" mule have no DSG/S-tronic gearbox but a manual gearbox.
    Further is this mule equipped with a Magnetic Ride Plus suspension.

Jarod.