Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New toy

New toy

gang, whilst my rs6 sits at the dealership waiting for my technician to get to it, I've been thinking more and more about buying a lotus. Don't get me wrong, I love the hell out of my RS6 but as we've discussed many time here, it's simply not a car that you can throw around. Not to mention with the ever increasing gas prices the lotus offers the perfect compromise between efficiency (since it's such an incredibly light car) and performance. Again, I am thinking about acquiring a lotus to complement my RS6, not in place of it. Therefore, what are your thoughts on the differences between an Elise and Exige?

well first off I cant fit in either so I have never drove either...but I do like the way the exige S looks and handles (from what I have seen) also there is a pretty good power to weight output for the exige S
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

DWD, I hear you brotha. I too am thinking about something to throw around. Are you thinking for trackdays or just backroads?

I see a lot of the loti at the track. The numbers are there, I just dont know if I could deal with the sparse interior for real life driving. I think I would just look for an already sorted trackready 996 or E46 for track fun and maybe go with a Cayman S for some canyon carving/everday throw around. I had a Cayman S as a loaner the last time the RS6 was in for service, that thing is a helluva lot a fun. Ughhhh!, I cant make up my mind.

Anyway, if you havn't all ready, you might check out http://www.lotustalk.com/

What happened to the love of the Miata??!?!?! You can always bump up the horsepower by visiting Monster Motorsports in Carlsbad, Ca (I Googled and not the results anticipated...). Total sleeper....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsh4cEhEWlg

If you get a Lotus, get the Exige S(?) but not in the lime green....

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    What happened to the love of the Miata??!?!?! You can always bump up the horsepower by visiting Monster Motorsports in Carlsbad, Ca (I Googled and not the results anticipated...). Total sleeper....

LOL, this isn't TCL
    haha
    If I had the money to place a Lotus right nex to the RS I would definetelly go for it, if not the Miata is a great choice, plus qith some goodies those cars are just a dream...if only Mazda Chile had them at a proper price....

Cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by got boost View Post
    DWD, I hear you brotha. I too am thinking about something to throw around. Are you thinking for trackdays or just backroads?

I see a lot of the loti at the track. The numbers are there, I just dont know if I could deal with the sparse interior for real life driving. I think I would just look for an already sorted trackready 996 or E46 for track fun and maybe go with a Cayman S for some canyon carving/everday throw around. I had a Cayman S as a loaner the last time the RS6 was in for service, that thing is a helluva lot a fun. Ughhhh!, I cant make up my mind.

Anyway, if you havn't all ready, you might check out http://www.lotustalk.com/
    Backroads and also an additional daily driver. I go around 10 miles each way on wide streets so ride comfort and traffic aren't major issues. And there are apparently quite a lot of people on lotustalk who use their Lotus as a daily driver. But ya, the genesis are certainly backroads, having been through Julian a couple times, as much as I love the RS6, it's just not meant for that kind of road.

On the lotus & the cayman, I was reading on lotustalk about a couple guys who say that the cayman can't even compare to the lotus. And to be honest, I think that there really isn't a car that can be compared with the lotus because of its power to weight ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post

I still love the miata, and hat tip to ben for reminding me but as I was discussing with a friend about this the other day, in order to get a miata up to the performance characteristics that I would want, I think the cost would roughly equal to that of an elise.

Hornberg's got a lotus elise: http://www.hornburg.com/vehicle-deta...97&location=ws for $33k and I'm fairly certain I can probably get it out the door for $30K if not less and that out of the dealership would be a fantastic ride as I'm no gearhead and don't feel like I have the mechanical know-how to tune a miata.

Quote Originally Posted by got boost View Post
    DWD, I hear you brotha. I too am thinking about something to throw around.
    Why not compliment the RS 6 with a nice fast super sport bike like I did.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post

Ben
    Hahaha, ya, I thought about that. However, I'm fairly certain I would die with a bike. FAR too reckless! Not to mention I think my mother would probably kill me.

Exige s, Exige s, Exige s, Exige S!

Go to a dealers, book a drive, I guarentee you will walk out $$$$$$$ poorer. AWSOME car.
    Ahhh those were the days- how I miss em.........
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

I was wondering when you were going to come in with your cogent advice! I take it you've owned an exige?

Briefly!
    Just before i met my now wife. hurrumph!
    I tell you now Duck, It will blow you away, forget what else you think handles well. compared to the Exige s, it will be like a turd in a piss pot. when Lotus did the exige with the motor for the USA market, they created a masterpiece.
    But needs must when the devil drives,2 choices I had, bankrupcy and no future wife, or.... well quite frankly th most fun you can have with your pants on.
    I will never forgive the Firm that I was working for who stung my fledgling buisness for £8k, and resulted in me nearly going to the wall. So the car had to go, only had it 7 months, but boy, what a 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    I still love the miata, and hat tip to ben for reminding me but as I was discussing with a friend about this the other day, in order to get a miata up to the performance characteristics that I would want, I think the cost would roughly equal to that of an elise.

Hornberg's got a lotus elise: http://www.hornburg.com/vehicle-deta...97&location=ws for $33k and I'm fairly certain I can probably get it out the door for $30K if not less and that out of the dealership would be a fantastic ride as I'm no gearhead and don't feel like I have the mechanical know-how to tune a miata.
    I hear ya on that one... snap up a lotus... expecting photos on Monday...

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post

Ben
    I musta missed that thread, what did you pick up?

WTF is a MIATA????

lol@mooch.

Hmmmmm

Still not sure i am any wiser, Looks like a cross between a Mazda MX5 and a something else

oh ya, the miata was the initial name in the US for the MX-5