Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New toy

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ok, MX 5 over here is still rated as one of the best "sports car " for the money. JC loves em!
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

DWD, assuming your married... and in case you were not aware and I am not passing judgment or anything like that... I am mearly informing... (please don't ban me for this...)

There is a certain stereo-type that can be associated with a man driving a Miata.... especially in West Hollywood...

a la Deputy Jim Dangle on Reno 911!

rofl@y'all bastids. No I'm not married and no I don't bat for the other team but I do like the miata. However, as we discussed before, I think it's just going to cost me too much money and time to get the miata to the point where it'll compete credibly with the lotus. Ya, I might save a little bit compared to the lotus but it ain't lotus cool

Greg,

Don't laugh, but the Mini Cooper S JCW is one helluva little car. Get wide 18" JCW lightweight wheels, JCW brakes and all the other goodies and it is one great handler with some punch for the straights too. A have a friend with a fully loaded '08 and it sounds and goes beautifully.

You may not care for the image but it's just something else to consider.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)

Man, I've been in the cooper a couple times, and I can't be spending no $80K like DBLIPA to get it into a racing condition!

Incidentally, the new cooper interior are quite shit and even this spiffed up JCW version ain't all that impressive:

It's way too plastic-y. I'd much rather go for the austere NON-interior of the lotus. However, it is semi-interesting.... A bit over 200BHP but what's the weight? Hell, an Elise is about 200.... And I can't imagine this JCW version of the Cooper being cheap.

Another thing that I've been talking about with some of the people over at lotustalk is also that I'm not relaly looking for a track car, that doesn't hold a tremendous amount of appeal for me. I'm really just looking for a zippy little car that can scoot to complement my RS6, not a full on racer!

Its not even a real mini...................... Get a real cooper or 1275 gt or an Exige..........

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    rofl@y'all bastids. No I'm not married and no I don't bat for the other team but I do like the miata. However, as we discussed before, I think it's just going to cost me too much money and time to get the miata to the point where it'll compete credibly with the lotus. Ya, I might save a little bit compared to the lotus but it ain't lotus cool
    This isn't an interview for Match.com so you don't have to explain...

Schmoocher has it right, IF you are going to do it, get the REAL mini cooper, not a re-badged, butchered and lowered 318ti...

Or get a 1972-1973 NR600 Honda
    Last edited by ben916; June 23rd, 2008 at 18:23. Reason: ___

Haha, ya, that's the thing, I don't want it to get to the point where I'm rolling around in a bucket of rusted bolts either. Point taking re: the 318 and honestly, it never really entered my mind though this JCW version seems mildly amusing if only for its over the topness. And I know I've mentioned this before and will surely get more rassing from the peanut gallery but, BMW (and by extension Mini-Cooper) interiors have always left me wanting as they are in a word, quite shit.

All of that said, I think that reason will more than likely prevail which would point me towards a '05/'06 Elise somewhere in the neighborhood of $30k for a car that will be fun to drive and not too heavy on the wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I musta missed that thread, what did you pick up?
    This thread:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....ht=japan+bikes

Currently have 26K on the CBR600RR, couldn't be happier.

Pic of when it was still black (now blue/white OEM Euro paint shceme):

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment....4&d=1174417240

DWD, My mom said the same crap, but since I don't live at home, bought it anyway. Guess what? She still lives!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

haha, ya, i know, but having seriously given it some thought and even I myself don't think that it'd be a wise decision to buy a bike

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    haha, ya, i know...
    No worries, Lotus is your best bet then. Spoke to a Lotus owner at the Audi event at Miller Motorsports in Salt Lake. He absolutely loves it. He also had the car at the LV Audi event and was spanking us around the track (especially in the turns).

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

ya, i think the lotus is the safest way of getting close to the bike for me. Just gotta find a good one for the right amount!

Duck, Have you considered a caterham or a westfield? Fab little cars. Don't know why I didnt suggest one before! (I think you can get them over the pond. 0-60- 3 seconds top wack C150mph two seater open top. <500kgs.
    http://www.caterham.co.uk/
    http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    Duck, Have you considered a caterham or a westfield? Fab little cars. Don't know why I didnt suggest one before! (I think you can get them over the pond. 0-60- 3 seconds top wack C150mph two seater open top. <500kgs.
    http://www.caterham.co.uk/
    http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/
    caterham looks like an http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

There is a "travelling roadshow" for ariel every so often in the US.

ya, i briefly thought about them but damn, those are quite literally track cars! I'm not so sure I'd be comfortably riding around town in them ;D

What about a Dutch Donkervoort D8 270 RS.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

LOL, amusing, but I think we're quickly reaching the realms of fantasy here friends