Thread: pics of MTM 20mm spacers?

pics of MTM 20mm spacers?

Hello.

I'm thinking of getting the MTM 20mm spacers for my RS4 avant. Does anyone have those on and would like to share a picture? Or should I change my PS2's to 275/30R19 wheels? Any comments?

I'm not fully satisfied as the OEM wheels don't fill up the whole massive arches.

Thank you in advance for any comments or pictures about this.
    -JM
    Audi RS4 Avant (B7) - Daytona Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 2jm View Post
    Hello.

I'm thinking of getting the MTM 20mm spacers for my RS4 avant. Does anyone have those on and would like to share a picture? Or should I change my PS2's to 275/30R19 wheels? Any comments?

I'm not fully satisfied as the OEM wheels don't fill up the whole massive arches.

Thank you in advance for any comments or pictures about this.
    well you are goign to rub though.

I would not go over 5mm spacers (10mm per axle). when you say 20mm MTM these are per axle normally so 10mm spacers....

max you go for 3mm in the front and 7-8 in the rear and you are cool to avoid any rubbing even in exterme cornering...

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post

I would not go over 5mm spacers (10mm per axle). when you say 20mm MTM these are per axle normally so 10mm spacers....

max you go for 3mm in the front and 7-8 in the rear and you are cool to avoid any rubbing even in exterme cornering...
    Thank you for the info. How could MTM sell spacers which might cause rubbing? I've always thought it a quality tuner with quality parts. As I've read from some members, they haven't had any problems with 275 wide wheels. Should also this lead to rubbing problems, shouldn't it?
    -JM

I Youry

Nice to see you here How do you feel now that you are left without your beast... Waiting for the GT-R I understood...

Ciao

Fab

Yeah I dont think thats right, my friend has kw v3 and 265/30/19 tires with 10mm spacers and it doesnt rub

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
    Yeah I dont think thats right, my friend has kw v3 and 265/30/19 tires with 10mm spacers and it doesnt rub
    that is possible because the KW V3 suspension can be set with less movement of the chassis. in additio nthe 265/30/19 tires are smaller than OEM tires (which by the way I do not think its a good idea) so you also increase the space between the tire and the fender.

that is possible because the KW V3 suspension can be set with less movement of the chassis. in additio nthe 265/30/19 tires are smaller than OEM tires (which by the way I do not think its a good idea) so you also increase the space between the tire and the fender.
    Is there cooperation between KW V3 suspension and DRC system?I had problem with stock SS+ suspension with rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    Is there cooperation between KW V3 suspension and DRC system?I had problem with stock SS+ suspension with rubbing.
    no when you place a KW suspension you disconncect the DRC and even empty the special oil. the kit comes with nuts to close the hydrualic pipes.

beleive me the KW V3 is far better than DRC in terms of sporty ride. you do loose a little of confort but you further increase the handling of the car.... I loved it on my RS4. I had 20 inch S8 wheels 9X20 ET46 with 20mmspacers so its equivalent to have placed 3 mm spacers on OEM wheels. my tires where 255/30/20, close to identical (1mm close) diameter than 255/35/19. adn evenb on a race track it did not rub, but it was close, adn the car was very low .

you can check out the videos here:

http://www.rsquattro.com/en/video.html
    it was on the SPA Francorchamps race tack. I gave the car for testing for a local Belgian/French TV car magazine.... it rained ike hell on that day, adn the car behaved so well....

no when you place a KW suspension you disconncect the DRC and even empty the special oil. the kit comes with nuts to close the hydrualic pipes.

beleive me the KW V3 is far better than DRC in terms of sporty ride. you do loose a little of confort but you further increase the handling of the car.... I loved it on my RS4. I had 20 inch S8 wheels 9X20 ET46 with 20mmspacers so its equivalent to have placed 3 mm spacers on OEM wheels. my tires where 255/30/20, close to identical (1mm close) diameter than 255/35/19. adn evenb on a race track it did not rub, but it was close, adn the car was very low .

you can check out the videos here:

http://www.rsquattro.com/en/video.html
    it was on the SPA Francorchamps race tack. I gave the car for testing for a local Belgian/French TV car magazine.... it rained ike hell on that day, adn the car behaved so well....
    I am afraid of lowering.That happens to my stock car after fast driving on public roads:

will it effect the cornering ability a bit if you have spacers on? and for 3mm in the front and 7-8 in the rear do we need longer screws or original screws will do? thx

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    will it effect the cornering ability a bit if you have spacers on? and for 3mm in the front and 7-8 in the rear do we need longer screws or original screws will do? thx
    with 3mm spacers original screwe will still work, for 7-8 though you will need longer screws. cornering should rimprove slightly, but i doubt you will even feel it. in practice its more for the looks that you will see it.

thx, im using H&R springs, will it have any rubbing during cornering?

at the front with 3mm 100% sure no rubbing, at the rear with 7-8 slight chance of very min rubbing, if you would take 5mm for the rear you would be 100% sure its ok.

at the front with 3mm 100% sure no rubbing, at the rear with 7-8 slight chance of very min rubbing, if you would take 5mm for the rear you would be 100% sure its ok.
    The MTM representative here in Finland is convincing me that no rubbing will occur with their 10mm spacers (front and rear) with standard suspension.
    Might be a salesman normal speech about how great their products are, dunno?
    -JM

Just buy some cheep spacers and try. If it doesn't work out sell them. Autotek example is one place...

thx very much.