Thread: S5 7s S-tronic review (CAR mag)

Talking S5 7s S-tronic review (CAR mag)

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...ic-CAR-review/

Verdict:

Would we pick an Audi with the gearbox formerly known as DSG? You bet. The latest seven-speed S tronic adds a smooth drive, lightning gearchanges and decent economics to the S5’s slick appeal. Picking the new auto option will even slightly trim fuel consumption and emissions.

Audi predicts it will cost £1450 on the new models; this transmission is bound for the Q5 coming to the UK in December 2008, the new S4 due in 2009 and numerous other future derivatives of A4, A5 and A6.

It’s a reasonable outlay for a gearbox that can play at being an automatic, a manual and a race car with impressive ease.
    HKS786

HKS786

Very nice review! I cant wait to see performance differences between the different transmissions.

So how come they are test driving(magazines, not Audi!) it with S-Tronic but we can't have it until one-two years later ?!??!?!

Read the article but there seems to be some mistakes, especially it's quoted performance of 0-100km/h @ 5.9s compared to the manual with 5.1s.

I think this should read 4.9s.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Read the article but there seems to be some mistakes, especially it's quoted performance of 0-100km/h @ 5.9s compared to the manual with 5.1s.

I think this should read 4.9s.

I noticed that too. If it is really 4.9 then this is getting seriously quick - what can we expect from the new RS5 with the same gearbox. I read that they are looking at even quicker gearchanges for the RS models ~140ms!

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    I noticed that too. If it is really 4.9 then this is getting seriously quick - what can we expect from the new RS5 with the same gearbox. I read that they are looking at even quicker gearchanges for the RS models ~140ms!
    I reckon 4.5 to 62mph.
    Truth In The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    0-60mph in 4.9
    0-100km/h (62mph) in 5.1

Is that real, the S5 is in 5.1 s from 0-100 km/h, wow

What is when the RS 5 is coming, he is in 4.4 s from 0-100 km/h, perhaps???