Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oooops.....

jonathan, my car went 50k before anything happened. Ben's RS6 is still okay. So while DRC is a concern, it's not like every single car that rolled off the line has this problem. I think you'll be okay, I mean, having that check up done at the dealership will be important but please do make sure that your dealership put an RS tech on the inspection and not just some random snot nose technician. I would also mention the DRC specifically. It wouldn't be that big a deal since they are already pulling the wheels off to install your new tires.

The alternative to the DRC is H&R (as far as I can determine, unavailable in the US), Stasis (generally good reception but complaints of squeaking), and Bilstein (also squeaking and some other problems), and the KW V3.

One note of caution, and I mentioned this on Richard's thread too, is that with these aftermarket suspension, the car will be tighter and the ride stiffer. My dad already doesn't like to ride in my car with the DRC and stock 18". Now that I will have KW, Hotchkis, and 20", he will probably never ride in my car again. I don't know how much of a concern this is with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    jonathan, my car went 50k before anything happened. Ben's RS6 is still okay. So while DRC is a concern, it's not like every single car that rolled off the line has this problem. I think you'll be okay, I mean, having that check up done at the dealership will be important but please do make sure that your dealership put an RS tech on the inspection and not just some random snot nose technician. I would also mention the DRC specifically. It wouldn't be that big a deal since they are already pulling the wheels off to install your new tires.

The alternative to the DRC is H&R (as far as I can determine, unavailable in the US), Stasis (generally good reception but complaints of squeaking), and Bilstein (also squeaking and some other problems), and the KW V3.

One note of caution, and I mentioned this on Richard's thread too, is that with these aftermarket suspension, the car will be tighter and the ride stiffer. My dad already doesn't like to ride in my car with the DRC and stock 18". Now that I will have KW, Hotchkis, and 20", he will probably never ride in my car again. I don't know how much of a concern this is with kids.
    my boys love riding in the Porsches w/ pss9...so i think that they will find this ride just fine

thanks for the info
    Jonathan

66 912 Black/Red

missed:

03 RS6 Avus Silver/Black
    08 RS4 Daytona Grey/Black
    97 C2S Guards Red/Black
    98 C2S Arctic Silver/Black
    04 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Black

Jonathan,

My .02c here....

After having driven several (4) RS6s and 3 of them more then once. Also, having driven a RS with the DRC shot. I can tell you that long before you have a situation such as DWDs you will notice the ride and suspension problems. Also, DWDs problems did show up by such extreme tire wear on the inside of the tire. So, visual as well as performance of the suspension will keep you on the safe side. Plus, if the tire is rubbing the control arm....I would know it.

Its interesting really, the one RS with the shot DRC drove like crap and it too had tire issues. Hmmm:eye:

I can also say that a DRC in good working order is a thing of beauty.

My STI went down the road tonight. Craigs list is a wonderful thing.

Bring on the German muscle. I am tired of my wife having a faster car that everything I drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtexas View Post
    well, i cant afford for that to happen to me either...who would bring home the bacon

as i read through all these threads, i am trying to determine what i should do when my car lands at the dealer on Monday...its already getting the carbon fiber put in, new PS2s, and overall checkup... maybe i will mention this control arm rubbing/alignment problems issue and have him take a look...

but what is the alternate alignment answer to factory specs? are there other specs that are recommended vs. what the factory recommends?

i have just spent a lot of money between the car, transport, CF, Nav, tires, etc... i really was hoping to wait at least a year or so before worrying about the DRC replacement