Thread: RS4 B7 Power Loss Issue

RS4 B7 Power Loss Issue

Hi

I've been experiencing intermittent power loss on my May '07 RS4 since delivery. Symtoms seem to occur when changing from 1st to 2nd usually when accellerating reasonably fast. The main issue is when I go into 2nd the engine seems to brake or hold the power off for 1-2 seconds and then recovers.

I have heard this is a problem with ESP and traction control and if I disable this the problem will go away. Unfortunately my car in being checked out at Audi and has been there for 3 weeks.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Or has had problems with clutch etc?

Any thoughts/feedback very welcome.

The simpless thing to do is to turn off the ESP (first stage) and that problem goes away.

I've heard some people having success with some software update but it didn't completely disapeared for me.

It's definitly a software issue but it looks like it won't get fix any time soon (it's been like that since the end of my break-in period)

Here's a link to a thread where we already covered the topic. You'll see that the problem went away for me but to be back a couple weeks later.
    http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread...light=software

Thanks Mate

Does look to be over sensitive ESP (so software related) for sure.

I am in talks with Audi at the moment as they have done extensive testing. I raised this issue with Rupert.Stadler@audi.de (CEO AUDI AG) and he has been kind enough to ask his Customer service team to troubleshoot - although they say they have found nothing.

Other problem which was sorted was leaking air intake manufold and cracked vacuum hose. Amazing for a car less than a year old! :-/. This caused EPC error and engine to go into safe mode although this was a different problem to the above.

Why did I buy an RS4 I am starting to think...... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by barticasun View Post
    I've been experiencing intermittent power loss on my May '07 RS4 since delivery. Symptoms seem to occur when changing from 1st to 2nd usually when accelerating reasonably fast. The main issue is when I go into 2nd the engine seems to brake or hold the power off for 1-2 seconds and then recovers.
    I only get this happening when my tyres are getting worn and need replacing. It started happening again about 2 weeks ago - my tyres are worn down to 3mm of tread left.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    I only get this happening when my tyres are getting worn and need replacing. It started happening again about 2 weeks ago - my tyres are worn down to 3mm of tread left.
    You might have a good point. My tires are also pretty worned out. 4/32". Since the beast is currently getting new tires, I should be able to confirm during the weekend.

I'll keep you posted on this one.

I had this same issue (Delivery May 07). I took my car to the dealer after a few months and they told me it was the ESP. I took it back again and they did a software update on it and I have been good (knock on wood) ever since. Absolutly buggy software.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by M3_Defector View Post
    I took it back again and they did a software update on it
    A software update on the ABS/ESP?

What ABS/ESP SW version do you have now (you can see it with VAG-COM)?