Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delay delay and now i canceled

delay delay and now i canceled

Hi Guys,

let's try to cut a long story short.

You all know that i have a R8 but I wanted to change to a second model, the dark green one would have been sold to a friend of mine, so no buy back and i have used the car for about one year, so not speculations.

Nov 2007 i have ordered a R8 with C-Breaks ( i don't really know if necessary as after the Modifications of mine, which I have posted earlier they a really good on the track ) new rims, and for me the most important the VIPER POISON GREEN of the Porsche GT3RS.

Ha ha ha here it starts, first delivery Feb-March 2008, fine.
    Then they announced WE CAN'T DO THIS COLOR
    After the local Audi boys have wrote to the big guys in Germany, delivery possible, mid May 2008.

I thought, yesterday was more or less mid of may, let's ask them.

Building day 21. June 2008.

The risk that the car will be delivered in September is very high , because almost everything is closed in August.

The funny thing about the story, Audi always say that on " individual " everything is possible, seems not.
    Or they just refuse to make a car in a Porsche color.

Why have i canceled, because I do have a R8 already, which is a great car, NO DOUBT !!!!! and I should get the second R8 V10 in March / April 2009

and who knows Switzerland knows that from mid of october beginning of November the winter starts or could start and therefore I don't need the R8 in VIPER POISON GREEN.

It's a shame that the Audi boys couldn't get this sorted out in a better way, if i will buy the V10 i don't know.

I love the car ........look ......track performance ........real fun .........not so extraordinary like a Porsche , only talking about the look.

That's why today I will see the boys at Porsche and check out the GT2 let's see what this is all about.

I will keep you posted.

Best Mike
    saluto da mike the Nougatilicious marker

switzerland - a land flowing with milk and honey

A shame to hear this, but after all it is a car that everybody want's! But still, this fooling around shouldn't be there...

Keep us posted about what you think of the GT2, that car really flies!

My dads R8 was delayed for so long, until it came about a month ago.

Viper green GT2...

ti-mike. don't give up, man. and the beautiful winters in beautiful switzerland should not deter you from waiting a few more months to drive your custom colored car. wish you the best.

...........but don't be silly. chill out with your R8 and wait for the V10. you lucky s.o.b's in switzerland are about the first in the world to get these cars. don't you dare get a porsche damn you!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I think this is one of the big problems of Audi. Not only with the R8, but with all models. There is almost always delay in delivery, and this is not good for the reputation of the brand...

And if there will be more models in the future, they will have to solve this big problem...
    Still enjoying the 5cilinders of Audi :D

just to be the devil's advocate, audi has this problem because it has some very unique engines. mercedes puts models out faster, but they are not as unique. witness for example how C63, E63, CL63, SL63, and S63 have practically the same engine. it would piss me off if i knew my RS6 and R8 had the same engine as the RS4.

further, audi has a more complex RD program. thye have a team that develops the grain, texture, and feel of their buttons and dashboards. this is the difference between a benz and an audi. i have been in close contact with some of the latest benz models and there is still no comparison. we pay the price of this complexity with longer wait times. the RS6 engine is quite a package.... takes awhile to "wrap it" up for delivery.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

It's unfortunate that the wait is so long. It seems like personalizing the car, building and finally delivering it was a bit of a challenge for audi. Keep your hopes up, the V10 is right around the corner. Listen...you can almost hear it lol.

NEWS
    Audi came up with a good solution which I could not refuse.

I will get the first V10 in Lugano....and i could already configure the car, the price is not out yet but all the order codes.
    But not custom color, except that I would have ordered a new blue which only exists on the V10, but I went red with Carbon side blades and all the extras and the polished wheels because the new standard wheels in 19" are not my style.

On top of this they offer me both event Trackdays incl Hotel, Food and of course the 2 time 2 days trackdays value about 3000 Euro.

I have signed and will stay with Audi

That is awsome news!!!!
    congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Mike View Post
    NEWS

I will get the first V10 in Lugano....and i could already configure the car, the price is not out yet but all the order codes.
    But not custom color, except that I would have ordered a new blue which only exists on the V10, but I went red with Carbon side blades and all the extras and the polished wheels because the new standard wheels in 19" are not my style.

On top of this they offer me both event Trackdays incl Hotel, Food and of course the 2 time 2 days trackdays value about 3000 Euro.

Am I happy to read this, BIG Congratulations! I must say Audi sorted this very, very good! Nice too see that you stick with Audi!

Once again congratulations, red with carbon will look perfect! Can't wait to see that beast!

wait a sec. wait a sec.

so WHAT ABOUT THE DETAILS?

what are the options? what is this new blue color? what do the new standard 19" wheels look like? are 20" wheels optional?

pictures of the guide or options?

WTF! lets keep this the best informed audi site!!!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

NEWS

WTF thats fantastic news. So what are the color choices / combinations with the R8 V10???????? What about the wheels????

Did they give you more info on the V10 version?

Porsche won't even paint their own cars in that colour (except for the GT3RS). I know from disappointed people on the 6speedonline forum. I guess that if you pay extra for a car without its interior, keeping it exclusive is important.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    Did they give you more info on the V10 version?

Porsche won't even paint their own cars in that colour (except for the GT3RS). I know from disappointed people on the 6speedonline forum. I guess that if you pay extra for a car without its interior, keeping it exclusive is important.
    I can promise you if your a big enough customer, and powerful and important, Porsche will paint their car whatever colour you want.

I'd like to hear more about the V10, i have talked to my dealer today, where i have my RS6+ and A8 serviced and they are not saying anything in the UK about a V10 R8 let alone taking deposits, making promises or specifying colours, options.

First V10..., those are fantastic news!

Congrat's!

Hi Guys,

let's try to cut a long story short.

You all know that i have a R8 but I wanted to change to a second model, the dark green one would have been sold to a friend of mine, so no buy back and i have used the car for about one year, so not speculations.

Nov 2007 i have ordered a R8 with C-Breaks ( i don't really know if necessary as after the Modifications of mine, which I have posted earlier they a really good on the track ) new rims, and for me the most important the VIPER POISON GREEN of the Porsche GT3RS.

Ha ha ha here it starts, first delivery Feb-March 2008, fine.
    Then they announced WE CAN'T DO THIS COLOR
    After the local Audi boys have wrote to the big guys in Germany, delivery possible, mid May 2008.

I thought, yesterday was more or less mid of may, let's ask them.

Building day 21. June 2008.

The risk that the car will be delivered in September is very high , because almost everything is closed in August.

The funny thing about the story, Audi always say that on " individual " everything is possible, seems not.
    Or they just refuse to make a car in a Porsche color.

Why have i canceled, because I do have a R8 already, which is a great car, NO DOUBT !!!!! and I should get the second R8 V10 in March / April 2009

and who knows Switzerland knows that from mid of october beginning of November the winter starts or could start and therefore I don't need the R8 in VIPER POISON GREEN.

It's a shame that the Audi boys couldn't get this sorted out in a better way, if i will buy the V10 i don't know.

I love the car ........look ......track performance ........real fun .........not so extraordinary like a Porsche , only talking about the look.

That's why today I will see the boys at Porsche and check out the GT2 let's see what this is all about.

I will keep you posted.

Best Mike

It is a shame. Audi should not adopt a first come first serve attitude towards its RS/S customers. Generally, these are loyal Audi enthusiasts who represent brand ambassadors for one thing. Also, they tend to buy the expensive upper-echelon Audis, and they have the bucks to spend on the car and the Audi "lifestyle." These are the owners that Audi wants. Audis should adopt a policy of loyality. If you have a current R8, or a RS, A8L, upper S Audi then you should move ahead of the line regardless of your position on the waiting list. If you have bought many Audis in the past the same should apply. As a current R8 owner, you should be be able move to the head of the line in in my opinion. Audi should adopt the arrogant method of selling the R8 as Ferrari does with its cars. Apply this across the RS/S6-S8 lines as well.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

On the sheet was written --- TOP Secret --- no joke
    the only thing the engine will have 525 HP

But I am happy that they came up with this solution. car should be in March 2009 and the official presentation will be in Paris Car show.