Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R8 V10 Confirmed (pictures of R8 V10 inside)

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    We know the R8 is receiving a V10 since Audi officially confirmed it. I just wonder how this guy got hold of V10 R8!? Sounds a bit prosposterous to me that he would be able to take it out like this and not be shot by some security guards, not to mention likely loose his job and other unpleasant reprocussions. I just cannot figure Audi would allow such a leak to a occur with such an important vehicle.
    Mabey he's an important person/customer.
    I remeber mabey about 8 or 9 months ago, here on Miami beach there was an R8.
    Before they made it to the US.
    The guy who had it was the owner of Joes Stone Crab.
    He had bought over 12 Audis or something like that.
    So AoA gave him an R8 for a few weeks.

let's clear things up guys...

obviously no turbos. this IS the V10. it is a test mule. it has the newly released for production all LED headlights. the lever- probably an updated design and probably for the updated R-tronic (E-gear) that just debuted in the LP-560. the sideblades- probably a test to see if the V10 doesn't need them. and it is possible that the V10 may not have the larger blades because audi figured out a way to cool the extra 2 cylinders without them! perhaps the mules we have seen with the wider blades were old mules or mules for a TT motor of some kind.

and finally. who cares about the tool who posted them and the corn fed beauties that he hangs out with. at least the poor bastard posted them. for all we know he is friends with another tool who has a part time job cleaning these cars up in the tampa area or the guy driving it decided to go visit this poor bastard for shits and giggles and while he was inside taking a dump this guy decided to take pics. i can tell you one thing. audi will not be happy about this unless it is intentional....

:king:
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Guys, look how different the RS4 and R8's engines bays look despite having the same engine:
    R8's V8 is dry sumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    R8's V8 is dry sumped.
    Ant there are two independant intake manifolds. And the Engine ECU is different. And...

Frederic

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

On left lane news I saw a headline that said the R8 will get the RS6s V10 minus the turbos

Heres the article:
    and i guess this answers why this guy has the R8 V10

We reported back in March and April that Audi was preparing a V10-powered version of the R8, and it looks as though the first evidence of such an endeavor is on the road. However, while the V10 R8 will use the same 5.2L V10 found in the Audi RS6 Avant, the R8's powerplant will ditch the wagon's twin-turbo setup.

Audi is reportedly loaning a pre-production prototype of the new V10-powered car to a select few current R8 owners.
    Not only will the new model sport two more cylinders, but it will also feature new front and rear bumpers and a revised exhaust system.
    It remains unclear what Audi will call the new model, but Autocar reports that the RS8 nameplate is likely, leaving the RS version of the A8 in limbo. However, R10 still remains a possibility.
    The 4.2L V8-powered R8 makes 420 horsepower, and it is expected that the new V10 engine will bump the R8's rating to at least 500 horsepower. The V10-powered Audi R8 is expected to bow in September with an on sale date of early to mid 2009.
    </SPAN>

Quote Originally Posted by Audifan92 View Post
    On left lane news I saw a headline that said the R8 will get the RS6s V10 minus the turbos
    It will get the same 5.2 V10 FSI Audi engine as the Lamborghini LP-560-4.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

That sounds very, very promising!

This is DEFINITELY promising! I just want to know, I've bought quite a few Audi's myself (9 and counting) including my current R8, and no one has contacted me to test drive an R8 V10
    Just Kidding!!! Can't wait...I LOVE my R8!

...can't hide anything from you guys, way more on top of Audi news than I am, and I'm sure you've all seen this...
    http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...rs8/index.html
    PS sorry if a repeat...

R8 V10 NA not turbo'd as confirmed by EVO magazine.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/221982/audi_r8.html

Get your orders in....
    Last edited by Rage; May 15th, 2008 at 15:08. Reason: woops
    Truth In The Blacklist

I predicted in the past a high revving 5.2L V10 with 520hp. Lets hope my wishes come through.

Is anyone planning on purchasing the V10 by any chance? I know RXBG has thoughts but does anyone else?

My dad told me that he put a deposit on it.
    He already has an R8, but he can't refuse a R8 with a V10 and around 560 HP.

Returned Email from myspace video and pics...

yes it is a v10. if you look in my pictures i placed a picture r8 v8 next to the r8 v10. i am assuming you are a member of r6. com. if so could you post a comment for me? tell the last man that the detail business is mine and my customer was standing next to me when i took the pictures and he also took the picture of me and my girlfriend!! my customer is the one driving the r8 out of my driveway.
    i have driven more cars than he has wet dreams about and i own my house how about him?!?!
    thank you
    dennis
    http://distinctivedetailingsrq. com/

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: May 14, 2008 12:04 PM

There is some controversy on the internet specifically on the website ..RS6.
    com.. about the white R8. People seem to think it is a V10.
    .. Can you confirm this? Thanks

From the horse's mouth so to say....

You may remember before christmas, i was looking at a 911 turbo. I didn't ever buy one. Well i'm happy to tell you all that i'm considering the R8 V10, however won't be ordering untill engine specifications are announced.

I'm moving to a V10 for sure. #1 spot at the dealer my V8 came from.
    '08 Audi R8 6MT - Daytona Grey
    '07 Audi RS4 - Ibis White
    '06 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE - Chawton White
    '05 Audi A8L 6.0 - Atlas Grey

Quote Originally Posted by +44 Dave View Post
    You may remember before christmas, i was looking at a 911 turbo. I didn't ever buy one. Well i'm happy to tell you all that i'm considering the R8 V10, however won't be ordering untill engine specifications are announced.
    Yes, but how things are going with Audis time tables these days, you want be able to sit in it before early 2010...