Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R8 V10 Confirmed (pictures of R8 V10 inside)

R8 V10 Confirmed (pictures of R8 V10 inside)

Looks production ready. Maybe Audi will have one with turbos later?

http://forums.audiworld.com/r8/msgs/11022.phtml

This is what the new Gallardo does with (slightly more powerful) version of the same engine.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....025#post131025

The video on the guy's myspace makes on sense. How could that be an R8 V10? And why is it in such low end neighborhood? How would such a important and expensive car from Audi (shrouded in secrecy no doubt) be somehow found in this neighborhood with some amateur vidoegrapher? No way! This is a total hoax. The fact an R8 is in the video is surprise enough, yet alone an supposed V10 which I doubt has not even left Europe, yet alone be in the States.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Agree with Audiphile, "it" would be leaked in Europe WAY before States.
    The only way it is V10 is someone took an R8 and stuffed a S6 motor in there... Kind of an expensive stuffing...

The photos clearly show a V10 looking engine in the engine bay. There are like 6 photos. And that R10 has the LED headlights not available in US/anywhere yet. The V10 also looks a lot like the new V10 in the LP 560.

It would have to be some amazing photoshop to produce those photos.

Also, look at the black plastic with the Audi rings on the engine, look at the shape and look at these photos from Germany. Which show a real V10 prototype. The engine looks the same.

http://forums.audiworld.com/r8/msgs/10995.phtml

Audi/VW have a facility in Florida.
    Last edited by chewym; May 14th, 2008 at 05:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    The video on the guy's myspace makes on sense. How could that be an R8 V10? And why is it in such low end neighborhood? How would such a important and expensive car from Audi (shrouded in secrecy no doubt) be somehow found in this neighborhood with some amateur vidoegrapher? No way! This is a total hoax. The fact an R8 is in the video is surprise enough, yet alone an supposed V10 which I doubt has not even left Europe, yet alone be in the States.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Agree with Audiphile, "it" would be leaked in Europe WAY before States.
    The only way it is V10 is someone took an R8 and stuffed a S6 motor in there... Kind of an expensive stuffing...
    Just so you guys know, a guy on that forum seen the R8 and S5 being tested in Melbourne, Florida long before they were released. Also, look at the reflectors on the model, that shows the body is a US R8.
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    The photos clearly show a V10 looking engine in the engine bay. There are like 6 photos. And that R10 has the LED headlights not available in US/anywhere yet. The V10 also looks a lot like the new V10 in the LP 560.

It would have to be some amazing photoshop to produce those photos.

Also, look at the black plastic with the Audi rings on the engine, look at the shape and look at these photos from Germany. Which show a real V10 prototype. The engine looks the same.

http://forums.audiworld.com/r8/msgs/10995.phtml

Audi/VW have a facility in Florida.
    I think this is genuine guys. I've looked at everything you have supplied and I looked at the R8 engine bay to refresh my memory. That engine cover is totally different from the R8's V8 engine cover. No way anyone could have produced such perfect chops. Both pics are different angles and I checked the reflections and everything looks genuine.

Also, look at the red sticker inside the interior. Prototypes always have these stickers and paperwork lying around.
    HKS786

i agree. this is a real emissions test mule. i live in west orlando and i see pre production audis frequently. from the Q7 to the new TT. i trailed an S5 for miles once- about 6 months before it went into production. they keep them in a facility in tampa (where other posters have told me they guard them like mafia secrets. indeed, the drivers are generally unfriendly and their security guards are pretty intimidating- they trailed a guy for about 5 miles once when he got out of his car to peek over the fence and tried to take pictures).

in fact, a black updated A3 S-Line, complete with the new TT-S type front bumper came up behind me in my R8 the other day. i saw him from behind as he was cruising. he saw me and accelerated to follow me a bit before i turned off yet he didn't even look over at me as he passed me. the updated A3, complete with LED headlights, looks pretty mean in black.

Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Guys, look how different the RS4 and R8's engines bays look despite having the same engine:

I dont think we can be 100% sure it's an NA engine in that R8 V10 prototype.
    HKS786

I think it's the real deal by readin RXBG's coment. Also If you look closesly to the pictures, specially the one wich shows the headlights you can clearly see the those...crap...dunno the translation, well thing is it looks like the prototipes pictures we've seen.

Saludos

I think it's an engine test mule. I can't wait to see what lies ahead!

It maybe, but I'm not totally convinced. No sign of the air vents in the roof to provide the extra cooling. Audi has several testing centers in the US. The high altitude center is in Denver and I saw everything, S8, S6, S5, TT, R8 being run around at 9000 ft 6 months in advance. Hopefully Audi will debut the production version soon.
    current rides:
    -'07 S6 phantom black/black,tech, cold, warm, carbon fiber inlays, 15% carbon fiber tint
    -'07 ML63 AMG black/black
    -'07 Accord V6/navi
    -'07 Titan LE
    -'86 M6
    former rides:
    - too many to list but last Audi before the S was a '05 A6 4.2 S-line

Did anyone notice the gear Lever?
    its not manual or R-Tronic....

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=22876363

Can any of the R8 owners confirm the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=22876363

Can any of the R8 owners confirm the engine?
    Where did that pic come from? It's another angle of the SAME engine bay which proves it cant be a chop! Why the V8 FSi badge? It's not in the other pics
    HKS786

I went to the guys myspace page and waded through the 17 pages of cars he details and drunk parties and fat chicks and FINALLY it is on the very last page. I included the link for everyone to go to. I EVEN emailed the guy to ask the money question...

As far as the badge, i have no clue but that is why I included this picture. It looks like the owner put that one to "fool" others into thinking it is a V8 versus the possiblity of a V10...
    Last edited by ben916; May 14th, 2008 at 17:15. Reason: badge

This is NOT the same engine as in the regular R8. Now we have that out of the way, what is it then?

Honest I haven't a clue.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    This is NOT the same engine as in the regular R8. Now we have that out of the way, what is it then?

Honest I haven't a clue.
    Leadie,

I dont think we can really be sure. As I was discussing over at another forum:

- Audi fitted the 6.0 V12TDi in the same engine bay
    - The Le Mans Concept 2003 had a 5.0 V10TT pushing out 610bhp.

http://www.supercars.net/Pics?v=y&id...oConcept10.jpg

That pic shows all the turbo piping. Maybe Audi managed to get all the turbo piping and fittings hidden. I have no idea, but at least we have proof it's receiving the V10
    HKS786

We know the R8 is receiving a V10 since Audi officially confirmed it. I just wonder how this guy got hold of V10 R8!? Sounds a bit prosposterous to me that he would be able to take it out like this and not be shot by some security guards, not to mention likely loose his job and other unpleasant reprocussions. I just cannot figure Audi would allow such a leak to a occur with such an important vehicle.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"