Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R8 V10 Confirmed (pictures of R8 V10 inside)

Lol

[QUOTE=ben916;131229]yes it is a v10. if you look in my pictures i placed a picture r8 v8 next to the r8 v10. i am assuming you are a member of r6. com. if so could you post a comment for me? tell the last man that the detail business is mine and my customer was standing next to me when i took the pictures and he also took the picture of me and my girlfriend!! my customer is the one driving the r8 out of my driveway.
    i have driven more cars than he has wet dreams about and i own my house how about him?!?!
    thank you
    dennis
    http://distinctivedetailingsrq. com/

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: May 14, 2008 12:04 PM

There is some controversy on the internet specifically on the website ..RS6.
    com.. about the white R8. People seem to think it is a V10.
    .. Can you confirm this? Thanks

hey ben, tell that dude i am the one guy here who believed him and tried to defend the poor bastard. and yes, you can tell him i own my own house. and i also own my own R8. but also tell him he has to move his female company up a couple of notches! (yep- i could prove the caliber of a$$ i used to get before getting married but that would be beyond the scope of this post- though, if i remember correctly, kimbo could vouch for me)

damien- yep. i am #2 at a dealer i can trust and who only asked for a refundable $500 deposit. my perspective on life HAS changed though. i am in love with my little valentina and though i do plan on getting the V10 i "could" change and go for an RS6 or the next S8. we'll see. as it stands, i have 2K on my car, love it to death, and expect to drive for at least 12 months before my V10 gets allocated. so far--- 99.9% sure my next ride will be a V10. i am also #1 for the V12 TDI. i beat the #2 guy by one phone call.....
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    hey ben, tell that dude i am the one guy here who believed him and tried to defend the poor bastard. and yes, you can tell him i own my own house. and i also own my own R8. but also tell him he has to move his female company up a couple of notches! (yep- i could prove the caliber of a$$ i used to get before getting married but that would be beyond the scope of this post- though, if i remember correctly, kimbo could vouch for me)

damien- yep. i am #2 at a dealer i can trust and who only asked for a refundable $500 deposit. my perspective on life HAS changed though. i am in love with my little valentina and though i do plan on getting the V10 i "could" change and go for an RS6 or the next S8. we'll see. as it stands, i have 2K on my car, love it to death, and expect to drive for at least 12 months before my V10 gets allocated. so far--- 99.9% sure my next ride will be a V10. i am also #1 for the V12 TDI. i beat the #2 guy by one phone call.....
    RXBG,

I informed that guy (Dennis) that it isn't a contest to see who has the biggest "unit" or who has the deepest pockets or biggest house. I only asked him for information about the car and if he knows the owner AND if it isn't too much trouble for him to get contact information so I/WE/YOU could contact the owner to get the REAL scoop...

To release to odd bit of info is fine and needed but to actual see the car on the internet without approval is not something I can agree with even if it's great to see.

I doubt you will EVER see that happen any time soon.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    RXBG,

I informed that guy (Dennis) that it isn't a contest to see who has the biggest "unit" or who has the deepest pockets or biggest house. I only asked him for information about the car and if he knows the owner AND if it isn't too much trouble for him to get contact information so I/WE/YOU could contact the owner to get the REAL scoop...
    I know who the owner of this car is but can't say on the internet.

OK, follow up email from Dennis:

per audi can not answer anymore questions

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/de...69]PistonHeads Headlines

Do you fellas think there is any chance that the R8 V10 would weigh in less than the V8 R8. In my ideal world, i would like to see the R8 V10 come in at about 25 kilograms less that the V8 model due to the use of weight saving materials and a lighter V10. That would be awesome. Also, any idea's on the weight of the V10 compared to the outgoing V8?

- Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    Do you fellas think there is any chance that the R8 V10 would weigh in less than the V8 R8. In my ideal world, i would like to see the R8 V10 come in at about 25 kilograms less that the V8 model due to the use of weight saving materials and a lighter V10. That would be awesome. Also, any idea's on the weight of the V10 compared to the outgoing V8?

- Damien
    Damien,

It will weight more. Engine(V10) is about 35kg heavier and another 15kg will be for some additional goodies... In the end R8 V10 will be around 50kg heavier and weight distribution will be little bit more rear biased.

Intro for R8 V10 will be either Paris 2008 or LA Show in November 2008. Sales start late Q1 2009(read late March 2009)...

Power... 386kw/525ps... As Zerocool mentioned already few times in some threads...

sounds like it will weigh in close to what the GTR weighs. with more pwer and about 20 lb/ft less torque.

this will be the car to beat imo. and considering how many new options are coming out it'll be a step up in the luxury category. leather on the entire center console, more CF, and all that power will be awesome. i'd guess it'll be paris when they show it, though audi could afford to wait a bit longer so it can face off with the LFA with whom i really want to see it run.

these two cars will be neck and neck. i think the V10 R8 should be able to hit 200 mph given that the V8 can make 187. however, if the LFA has DSG it'll be faster than a manual R8 V10.

i'd like to see the V10 make 60 in 3.9 (official) and 3.7 (manual) and 3.4 (r-tronic with launch control a la LP-560). but we will see.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Performance for R8 V10?

Wild guess...

0-100km/h: 3.9s(both manual and R Tronic, worst case scenario 4.0s)
    0-200km/h:12.8s(realistic since it needs to be slower then LP560-4, best case scenario is 12.6s)
    Max: 315km/h

Price upcharge will be at least €25K in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Damien,

It will weight more. Engine(V10) is about 35kg heavier and another 15kg will be for some additional goodies... In the end R8 V10 will be around 50kg heavier and weight distribution will be little bit more rear biased.

Intro for R8 V10 will be either Paris 2008 or LA Show in November 2008. Sales start late Q1 2009(read late March 2009)...

Power... 386kw/525ps... As Zerocool mentioned already few times in some threads...
    I see, if audi somehow kept the weight of the V10 as same as the V8 that would have been awesome.

As for times, my guesses are:
    0-60 - Official 4.2 / Real World 3.7
    1.4 mile - Official 12.2 / Real World 11.8

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    I see, if audi somehow kept the weight of the V10 as same as the V8 that would have been awesome.

As for times, my guesses are:
    0-60 - Official 4.2 / Real World 3.7
    1.4 mile - Official 12.2 / Real World 11.8
    Best wait until the official figures are released.

One thing I do believe is that it's supreme handling will not be effected in anyway, in fact I reckon things might just improve.

realistically audi will give it 4.2 to 60. though this will be kinda silly given it is the LP 560 minus a few horses and about the same exact weight!

knowing the marketers, it'll likely not have the special launch function of the lambo (though that'll be irrelevant to the real enthusiasts who go for the manual version).
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10