Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New S4 engine data

New S4 engine data

2995ccm V6 FSI Roots Kompressor
    333ps
    420Nm

0-100km/h: 5.4s(manual)
    S Tronic will be 0.2s faster but, we need to see will it be in the offer from the start.
    Regarding S5 it will use 4.2L V8 till end of its model life. Maybe some power/torque increase in MY2010...

Same engine will go also in A6 with 290ps.

Thanks. I thought it was inprobable that they would switch the S5 V8 to something else.
    Truth In The Blacklist

thats not all right. the 290ps version has 420 nm. the 333ps version should have more! thats said in lates AMS. they had a complete technical overview and picture from this engine.

their are also rumours that the engine would get named KFSI which would be perfect. K(ompressor)FSI T(urbocharged)FSI.

anyone heard about that KFSI naming??? i hope it will be true!!! because TFSI for a kompressor-engine is really dumb.
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    2995ccm V6 FSI Roots Kompressor
    333ps
    420Nm

0-100km/h: 5.4s(manual)
    S Tronic will be 0.2s faster but, we need to see will it be in the offer from the start.
    Regarding S5 it will use 4.2L V8 till end of its model life. Maybe some power/torque increase in MY2010...

Same engine will go also in A6 with 290ps.
    So it looks like my original statements of supercharge for the S4 and the S5 and S4 running different engine policies was indeed correct.

The output should be enough to allow the S4 to stay ahead of the 335i. The S5 engine developments are harder to predict, VL is a probable but what's the possible power increase? I (me speaking here) doubt we will see an increase unless the S4's actual performance is better than the S5. There is still a lot of enhancements that can be done on the S5 before anything major needs done to the engine, S/Tronic will shave some tenths off it's acceleration and sportsdiff will make a marked difference to it's handling. These two things on their own could make the S5 every bit as good a car as the old RS4 is.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    thats not all right. the 290ps version has 420 nm. the 333ps version should have more! thats said in lates AMS. they had a complete technical overview and picture from this engine.

their are also rumours that the engine would get named KFSI which would be perfect. K(ompressor)FSI T(urbocharged)FSI.

anyone heard about that KFSI naming??? i hope it will be true!!! because TFSI for a kompressor-engine is really dumb.
    Article said "maybe 330ps...". Read more carefully, they did not mentioned more torque at all for S4 engine...

Definitely seems to be marked out to be a 335i killer although of course its pricing may not quite match that of the 335i. What are the tuning opportunities here ... 420nm sounds a bit underpowered which could mean that a mild boost could be possible without sacrificing reliability?

0-100 sounds fair at 5.4 with S-tronic making it close to five flat. What do you guys reckon it will do at 0-200 ... <20s?

Thrives

so the S5 will be faster? at least in a straight line? cause on the track, the S4 will use the new QTV and S-tronic in it's favor, at least for now when we don't get it in the S5.

Nice this should be a real good car. What can be done to get more hp out of a Supercharged engine??? Pulley, DP's, Exhaust, custom tune, anything else that will not be too expensive. Do you think with minor mods it would be faster than the b7 rs4??
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

@KresoF1...

Are you really sure about this figures? Because after the presentation of the engine in Vienna, Austria...there was the info, that this engine in the A6 will have 290HP and 420Nm ...

So i think that the Engine would have a little bit more Torque in the S4 - don't you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrives View Post
    Definitely seems to be marked out to be a 335i killer although of course its pricing may not quite match that of the 335i. What are the tuning opportunities here ... 420nm sounds a bit underpowered which could mean that a mild boost could be possible without sacrificing reliability?

0-100 sounds fair at 5.4 with S-tronic making it close to five flat. What do you guys reckon it will do at 0-200 ... <20s?

Thrives
    The manual will post 20s dead and the S/Tronic 18.9s. Reason for the big gap is 7 ratios instead of the 6 in the manual.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    S/Tronic will shave some tenths off it's acceleration and sportsdiff will make a marked difference to it's handling. These two things on their own could make the S5 every bit as good a car as the old RS4 is.
    It's been rumoured this week that the sportsdiff (electronic torque vectoring) development program has been sent back to the drawing board...

For me the RS4 engine will always make it shine above the B6/B7 S4 and S5 engine.

I've owned 2 V8 S4s and the RS4 engine is just in a different league. The S4/S5 engine is suited to a cruiser and doesn't have the love of revs that the RS4 engine has - in my S4s I rarely hit the 6850rpm rev limiter but in my RS4 I'm regularly hitting the 8250rpm rev limiter, the engine just throws itself at the limiter and it gets stronger as the revs increase instead of tailing off above 6000 like the "normal" V8 does.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    It's been rumoured this week that the sportsdiff (electronic torque vectoring) development program has been sent back to the drawing board...

For me the RS4 engine will always make it shine above the B6/B7 S4 and S5 engine.

I've owned 2 V8 S4s and the RS4 engine is just in a different league. The S4/S5 engine is suited to a cruiser and doesn't have the love of revs that the RS4 engine has - in my S4s I rarely hit the 6850rpm rev limiter but in my RS4 I'm regularly hitting the 8250rpm rev limiter, the engine just throws itself at the limiter and it gets stronger as the revs increase instead of tailing off above 6000 like the "normal" V8 does.
    what do you mean with that, that the new S4 or S5 arent getting the sportdiff. TQ???
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    @KresoF1...

Are you really sure about this figures? Because after the presentation of the engine in Vienna, Austria...there was the info, that this engine in the A6 will have 290HP and 420Nm ...

So i think that the Engine would have a little bit more Torque in the S4 - don't you think so?
    Did you saw AMS article or Audi Internal PDF about that engine?

This is KOMPRESSOR engine which is much, much harder for aftermarket tuning then Turbo engines...

Regarding torque values-according to this PDF they will be the same for both versions, difference is in power output only... BUT, we will see.

Also, there is absolutely NO point at all to offer bigger numbers(be it only a torque figure) for S4 then for S5...

very disappointed with the Kompressor

output figures aren't that amazing either.

5.4 is seemingly disappointing since it is the official time is worse than b7 S4 manual official time...

Audi is going by the way of lowering the size and emissions and sacrifice some power and acceleration...

I hope that RS4 will be V8TT or V8 high-revv with more than 450hp

No turbo for the new s4?? Dissapointing if u ask me! Audi have made such good turbo engines in the past! I love the 2,7tt in my s4 and its tuning abilities... Why suddenly kompressor?

And, S4 will be available to buy..., when?