Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Audi Meet in In Irvine

Thanks to richard for letting us know about the event and ya, we definitely gotta do it again real soon.

Thank you! Richard for letting us know the event. Thank you, Greg for arranging the mini-meeting for the RS6ers, BTW nice rims. And it was really nice to meet all (well, most of) local RS6ers. It was absolutely incredible to see these many RS6 and S6 line up at a same time. I really enjoyed it.
    >>
    On the way home, I spotted a S55 doing about 60mph 5 car lanes ahead of me on the freeway. I caught up to him. He immediately speeded up to about 80, as he saw me from the rearview mirror. I downshifted to 3rd and starting to follow him for about ½ mile. He slowed down, pulled to my right side, rolled down the window, and gave me an OK signal. Sure!!! Right away I again pulled back to 3rd and just floored the gas to about ¾ and boom the beast just took off!!! He must not know what a RS6 was and he must think that I have an “A6, because he accelerates as if he was racing an “A6.” When I saw him closing in about 7-10 second later, the traffic started to slow us down and he got buried in it way behind me. I am pretty sure the S55 would soon catch up and pass me, if the traffic condition permits. But I am just glad to have a chance to run with it.

Hey guys! What a blast! Thanks for the good fun .. some real nice cars..
    Heres the URL for LaBree who built my pipes.

http://www.labreemotorsports.com

Great to meet everyone.. looking forward to the next gathering.

cheers..

HyO

haha, very amusing story justin. it was good to finally get together with a group that appreciated the rs6 who aren't owners. And as I said, we gotta get together again soon to break our own little record. Also, I really do fancy your blue, very unique among the rs6.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    And as I said, we gotta get together again soon to break our own little record.
    For sure... although it will take another 5 years to do so...

Was great to meet up with everyone again and excellent to see new faces.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    For sure... although it will take another 5 years to do so...

Was great to meet up with everyone again and excellent to see new faces.

Ben
    Maybe not. Another event is scheduled for July by the beach I have been informed. So, I'll keep the SoCal RS6ers posted and hopefully we can get more of us to show up, and maybe even some nonlocal RS6ers can come down. Again, great to meet everyone and nice to see you again Ben.

Here is a link to more pics from AZ.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211658
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Really cool event!!
    I wished i lived in cali so i could go to this, and bring my dad along so he could take the R8!!

well, looks like Audiphile beet me to it. It was cool meeting you guys...I gave my cousin all sorts of $hit for not rolling out. His loss...I've never seen so many RS6s in one spot before in my life. Rumor has it that Tina is planning another Irvine meet before she leaves for Texas...maybe you guys might come out again. Although, I'd want it to be closer to evening, so it will be cooler.

check out that picture link above (Audiphile), I took a bunch of pics, and your cars are in everyones pictures. The pictures posts keep piling up, 56K users have been warned!

At any rate, it was a great turnout, I had a lot of fun talking cars with car lovers.

the black RS6 is killin' it!

2008 S4 - DTM | Sprint Blue Pearl | Black leather/Alcantara | Navi | CF trim | OEM 18" RS4 Style wheels
    De-Badged | Huper Optik 50% | RS Quattro CF Bumper Trim | V1 - Still Not Hardwired

Quote Originally Posted by channad View Post
    well, looks like Audiphile beet me to it. It was cool meeting you guys...I gave my cousin all sorts of $hit for not rolling out. His loss...I've never seen so many RS6s in one spot before in my life. Rumor has it that Tina is planning another Irvine meet before she leaves for Texas...maybe you guys might come out again. Although, I'd want it to be closer to evening, so it will be cooler.

check out that picture link above (Audiphile), I took a bunch of pics, and your cars are in everyones pictures. The pictures posts keep piling up, 56K users have been warned!

At any rate, it was a great turnout, I had a lot of fun talking cars with car lovers.

the black RS6 is killin' it!

Thanks...it was a great GTG, and we are looking forward to the next one. Let Tina know if she could give us an earlier heads-up so we can get more RS6ers to come out and some to come from other places such as NorCal. We should do it closer to some kind of drink and food or have someone (sponsor) to bring the stuff. Stay in touch with me and DuckWing about the next event. Again, thanks.

Audi people are a special. Nice to see so many young enthusiasts committed to the brand with some very hot rides. That is what I like about AZ.

That's Greg's killin' RS6.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Great coverage guys... the pics and vid were excellent!!!!! Oh that sound
    Srry i missed everyone - thats 2 strikes for me eh. Will be at the next one even if the beastie is on a trailer in bits.

Keep up the good wrk.
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.