Thread: Who can find the cheapest RS6 for sale?

Who can find the cheapest RS6 for sale?

Congrats to all the new owners.....but while you're busy grab-assing each other and bragging about how cheap you got your car and how much the prices are falling and how there is a glut of cars for sale.......you do realize you are just shooting your new purchase in the foot

What do you think your glorifying the devaluation of the is doing for the reputation of that same car you just bought.

All I'm saying is that if you are the proud owner of a new RS6 then act like one. Instead of telling us how you got the price down x amount of dollars just tell you're the new owner, you love the car, and you're never ever going to sell it because it's the baddest ass car ever

I'm just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by gmbh6 View Post
    Congrats to all the new owners.....but while you're busy grab-assing each other and bragging about how cheap you got your car and how much the prices are falling and how there is a glut of cars for sale.......you do realize you are just shooting your new purchase in the foot

What do you think your glorifying the devaluation of the is doing for the reputation of that same car you just bought.

All I'm saying is that if you are the proud owner of a new RS6 then act like one. Instead of telling us how you got the price down x amount of dollars just tell you're the new owner, you love the car, and you're never ever going to sell it because it's the baddest ass car ever

I'm just sayin'
    one mans misery is another mans joy......

Fair play if you have saved a few bucks- in the world of shit that you guy's are in (genericly speaking) with the credit crunch, the RS6 WILL be a camodity. lets face it here dude, EVERYONE here loves the RS6 even Ihate RWD, I do not think that any malice is meant when people are talking about bargins. I for one feel as if I am a custodian of "THE" RS6. sure the new one will be better, but it won't be the first one.... give us a break.... I already have an order for the first Daytona grey used "new" RS6, but do you know what, I am happy with my beastie, apart from the brakes, it has bought me me joy and more recognition than drugs, women, and money, and hey... if you can gat that a thousand bucks cheaper than I did= f*ckin good on ya !!

I respect EVERYONES opinion ....but

DO NOT MISS THE POINT The RS6 is not a car it is an ICON. (As will be the new one in 5 years time)
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    one mans misery is another mans joy......

Fair play if you have saved a few bucks- in the world of shit that you guy's are in (genericly speaking) with the credit crunch, the RS6 WILL be a camodity. lets face it here dude, EVERYONE here loves the RS6 even Ihate RWD, I do not think that any malice is meant when people are talking about bargins. I for one feel as if I am a custodian of "THE" RS6. sure the new one will be better, but it won't be the first one.... give us a break.... I already have an order for the first Daytona grey used "new" RS6, but do you know what, I am happy with my beastie, apart from the brakes, it has bought me me joy and more recognition than drugs, women, and money, and hey... if you can gat that a thousand bucks cheaper than I did= f*ckin good on ya !!

I respect EVERYONES opinion ....but

DO NOT MISS THE POINT The RS6 is not a car it is an ICON. (As will be the new one in 5 years time)
    dude i think you lost something in the translation......you obviously misread or misunderstood my point.

First, gmbh - I agree. And while I applaud personal freedom, it pains me to see these cars fall into the hands of people making all kinds of wild 2Fast2Furious type mods to them. Plleeeeeeezz, stop it. Take an A6 and make a clone if you must.

Second, the "glut" of cars - by my quick research - has pretty much disappeared now that most of the lease expirations have taken place and the cars have swapped owners, at least over here in the U.S..

Third, CornishMooch, I'm sure you're well intentioned and relying solely on information available to you, but we are not "in a world of shit" over here in yank land. Yes, there will always be pockets of upset and decline in a free market as economic corrections to excesses take place, but overall, the US is still a pretty damn fine place to be economically, press reports be damned, and I'll dare say probably one of, if not the, best economies in world still. (why else would so many people be trying to sneak in here?) And any car of which only a 1000 or so exist in a particular market cannot by definition become a cOMmodity (use spell check) and I think, perhaps, what you meant was that the RS6 is not a car, it is a LEGEND. An icon is more typically an image or representation of something.

y'all are great folks but damn, the US economy is indeed in the tank and folks trying to come to the US for work isn't necessarily a testament to how great we are but rather how bad things there are. And let's not fool ourselves, there are PLENTY of people for whom the US holds no interest and they have no desire to step foot in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by gmbh6 View Post
    dude i think you lost something in the translation......you obviously misread or misunderstood my point.
    I meant no offence, and may well have missed your point!

As for my SpEEElIng.............

As for Icon- i meant Icon........in the modern sense of the word, ie, a symbol, a picture.

I def.meant no offence when talking about the crunch and obviously I form opinions on information I have, the information is sometimes wrong, but all i know is that whatever is going on over the pond is affecting my pocket over here!

whats happend is that many rs6 owners have orderd new rs6's and are selling their old ones, happens with most cars in the high end price braket

p.s one of my friends is getting one will get pics up asap

btw, after sitting on this thread for a couple days, I'm curious. Who exactly was gmbh6's original post in reference to??

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    btw, after sitting on this thread for a couple days, I'm curious. Who exactly was gmbh6's original post in reference to??
    yeah I forget to check back sometimes .... hmmm I don't remember what thread specifically I just remember reading and getting the overall impresion that people were overly gleeful about their purchases. and kind of bragging that people have to lower the price of their car.

it's like buying a home during a recession and going around to your new neighbors and telling them how they made off like a bandit and that their houses are not worth much anymore.......you just don't make many friends that way.

it's all i'm sayin'

I paid $49,000 US in November of 2006 for my first RS6 and $53,000 US for my second one in August of 2007. I didn't get a "deal" on either but I'm not upset or depressed about the continued reduction in the RS6's value. Heck, how upset can I be with such a great car? Only 1100 in the US. Even if it goes to a $1.00 value you don't buy cars for investments. The RS6 is made to be driven.

No regrets here!

I got the best deal of all! I bought it for MSRP in 2003, but now it is free.

I bought if from myself for nothing down and no payments. And I know the previous owner took good care of it! (Bit of a jerk, though.)
    GoFastKindaGuy
    '18 McLaren 720S, '18 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '18 Porsche Turismo Sport Turbo, '12 Cayenne Turbo, '04 Carrera GT

lol@gofast.

Got well and truly done yesterday by a yellow Carrera GT. put my foot down and while my beastie was thinking about going the yellow thing had!