Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report DRC Failures to NHTSA

Report DRC Failures to NHTSA

I just submitted mine here...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Don't know what the result might be, but perhaps the best outcome is a full recall on DRC. I understand that RS4s are suffering the same or similar issues with their Mk II DRC systems. They should be encouraged to submit, too.

I also learned this morning that the dealer ate the cost of my DRC repair (entire system was replaced) as the claim was rejected under the CPO. They also ate the cost of another DRC repair, as they had told the both of us that it was covered.

AudiNA isn't making any friends.

CW

Has anyone else done this?

On a side thread that may/may not be started is keep track of VIN's (volunteered, of course) of RS6's with "issues" or replaced DRC or transmissions. There maybe liability/disclosure issues but if you don't own the car anymore, not really your problem...

I started this a few years ago..I urge all in the USA to file a safety complaint..

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    On a side thread that may/may not be started is keep track of VIN's (volunteered, of course) of RS6's with "issues" or replaced DRC or transmissions. There maybe liability/disclosure issues but if you don't own the car anymore, not really your problem...
    What liability/disclosure issues would there be? I crack up when I see guys post pictures of their cars with the license plates blurred out. And VIN's can be seen just by looking through someone's windshield. There's nothing private about this info, and there's no reason I can think of to protect it.
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

BTW, submitting a VIN is not required.

CW

I have been wondering about the blacked out plate thing for awhile. Agree with BLITZEN - never understood the point in this day and age.
    Don't ya get pulled over alot more with ya plate covered up like that??!:trash:
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    What liability/disclosure issues would there be? I crack up when I see guys post pictures of their cars with the license plates blurred out. And VIN's can be seen just by looking through someone's windshield. There's nothing private about this info, and there's no reason I can think of to protect it.
    Dealerships might have disclosure issues/liability issues. For instance: I was looking at RS6 on ebay that was local to me. The title on Ebay indicated "other". I drove up to the non-audi dealer and asked for a test drive. While on the drive, I asked about the "other" title issue. He disclosed that it was a lemon law buyback. He also showed me the lemon law paperwork associated with the car: the upper control arm squeaked and the original owner squawked to Audi and they bought it back. So there are some disclosure issues to be handled, lemon law, salvage, etc..

I am not suggesting that, as it is handled by the DMV.

I am suggesting a list of VIN's so members can self report DRC, Trans, other issues. Recently HYOCTANE dumped his RS6 due to a ton of issues, fixed or not. So that car is back at Audi getting "freshened " up and someone else will get it and not have the proper research/information to make an educated purchase. Carfax doesn't always have all the information needed. This also give any member/nonmembers ammuntion to tackle AoA if there is any other issue, as there is proof/testimony of problems. Only a suggestion...

As far as VIN's and license plates:
    I can only think that someone would hide a VIN is due to cloning/tribute/recreation of rare muscle cars and the like.
    License plates? No clue on that one...

Car Fax ???

Thats a good point about car fax. I was about to buy an RS6 out of Vegas from Fletcher Jones. The car fax said the car was clean but i was already running another checker "autocheck, something like that" so i ran that and the history came back that the car had been in an accident - there was a report generated with the Vegas PD and a file number.
    I contacted Fletcher Jones and asked about this as i realise sometimes the smallest things are reported. The guy says that was my problem to find out the details and did i want the car $58K 40Kmiles on it or not.(the interior was killer) I brought my baby in Colorado 14.500miles.. $55K and the best drive of my life getting her home to Cali.
    A week later the dicks supervisor calls and asks if i was still interested in the Vegas 6. After relaying the story - i had the pleasure of telling her i was sitting in my new RS6 right then. Ha... bet she ripped her sales man a new one.

Moral of the story... when spending a grip... double/ tripple check the research.... ya might just save a fortune.
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

ya, to be honest, I don't trust any of them shits and I agree with BEN916, I really don't have a problem posting my VIN/license plate #.

This post got off track but everyone here who has had the DRC replaced needs to add to the link in the original post. $2700 is on the line which is the cost for just the shocks/labor that are NOT covered under CPO. Mine also was replaced to my benefit but Audi NA says no period. The next time it goes I eat it.

Between things like this and the high cost of everything for this car I am finding it hard to justify keeping it when spark plugs are $400 and so are pads, and oil changes half that. Hard to justify except that it is plain awesome when its working right.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Received a request to sticky thread, so I did. Any other mods have a problem, feel free to "unsticky".

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

HYOCTANE, you still there? Still have the VIN?

Sticky-ing this is a good idea.

Thanks,

CW

Do European RS6s have a history of DRC issues as compared to NA?
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Where the heck is the DRC under the component list?

Supsension? Steering?

Quote Originally Posted by gmbh6 View Post
    Where the heck is the DRC under the component list?

Supsension? Steering?
    Should be suspension.

I also entered it under suspension.

CW

Key safety points??

All who submitted something.

What key safety points have you made and feel should be re-inforced by others?

Thanks, Jimmy S.
    Last edited by jimmy94507; April 12th, 2008 at 04:20. Reason: typos