Thread: What car? RS4 or S5?

What car? RS4 or S5?

I really like the look of S5! Both interior and exterior. But it's not as practical as RS4 and they say that even S4 is more like a sportcar than S5... Well, I really don't know!

Wait for B8 S4...

RS 4 is ''finished story'' if you want a new car, and S5 isn't practical for your needs, so..., S4 is the solution!

Just my 0.2...

I'm not sure that i will be able to buy a new car, i will sooner buy a used one... But in Russia choice is too small and condition is seldom good. So a car from Germany, but it should be three y.o. otherwise the tax will be impossibly high. So i'll have to wait almost 4 years for the new s4... And i'm not sure i'd like to change my v8 to v6 biturbo... So, s5 in 2 years or rs4 much sooner. The only hope for s4 is price 50000 euro in russia. Than i can afford it!

I've had 2 S4's and after a year started to get bored with them (too slow), but after nearly 2 yaers with an RS4 I still love it.

Go for an RS4.... it feels much more "special" than an S4 or S5.

Thanks for advice! Today I've heard from one guy on S5 in Moscow that even S4 he had before was more fun than S5 now. He said "It's like a powerful bussiness coupe". Seems strange. S5 is faster and being a coupe it should be faster in turns. Maybe someone can confirm or disprove that fact?

I've driven both and bought the RS4. The S5 feels bigger and is more of a GT type car. the RS4 feels smaller, more agile and is definitely a more responsive and faster car. The RS4 feels like it's on balls of it's feet ready to pounce whereas the S5 feels like it's on it's heels if that makes any sense.

The interior of the S5 is newer and nicer for sure but I felt claustrophobic in it. Maybe it's the roof line or high beltline that made me feel that way. And I do not like that wavy side line of the S5. In fact if it were straight it might change the whole way I feel about car. Perhaps the RS5 will have boxed fender flares that will take away the curve above the wheel wells. And the rear seat couldn't be more useless for an average sized adult. My kids no doubt fit better in the RS4 as well.

Someone has said that the RS4 will soon be yesterday news or something like that. Eventually everything is but all RS cars imo are special and I'm admittedly a sucker for anything limited, special edition etc and I think the RS4 will hold its own for years to come. At least until the RS5 or next RS4 comes out. But even now the B5 RS4 is a very special car. Can you say that about a B6/B7 S4?

Moreover i should say that if you buy an RS you will be drivin a previous-generation-car anyway. Just because an RS is presented a year before the next generation. You buy an RS, drive a "new" car for a year and then 5 years of waiting till the new RS is presented. I see that RS is worth it!

if youre going to do something do it the best possible way or not atoll

if u buy an s5 then u will simply feel what if i bout an rs4 or waited for an rs5.

the rs4 is the best audi a4 so y buy an s5 that is not made to eb teh ebst it can be.

nothing wrong with s4 or a s5's both great cars but........ why not go all the way