Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 03 rs6 clubsport for sale.......

may be it's not a complete s6 gearbox....
    MTM Clubsport 6 speeds mechanical gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by Supercopa View Post
    I've heard somewhere that it's not a RS6 engine but a S6 one with twin turbochargers... is that true ?
    Yup. That is what I've read as well. I think it was in EVO long time ago, but they have been wrong before.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Supercopa View Post
    I've heard somewhere that it's not a RS6 engine but a S6 one with twin turbochargers... is that true ?
    Wouldn't that be in plain view with the VIN?

Or maybe Mr. Balsen can answer that question with authority...

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Wouldn't that be in plain view with the VIN?

Or maybe Mr. Balsen can answer that question with authority...
    Well I know this car better than anybody on this forum. I have seen how it was built and how it was set up. steps by steps. months after months. I also drove it at Nardo. Not to speak about this now famous video...

But I will keep those very good informations for me. In case...

Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Balsen View Post
    Well I know this car better than anybody on this forum. I have seen how it was built and how it was set up. steps by steps. months after months. I also drove it at Nardo. Not to speak about this now famous video...

But I will keep those very good informations for me. In case...

Frederic
    so it means it has a S6 VIN...
    2003 RS6 Avant MRC Stage 1

So, IF it has an S6 VIN, would that be a 2002-2003 S6? I thought Clubsport said it was either an '04 or '05?
    What I'm getting at is that IF it has an '02 or '03 S6 VIN, then it wouldn't have been that difficult to get it to the US, since there are a bunch of '02-'03 S6 Avants over here (some even made to look like RS6 Avants). Here's one that's been lurking in the DC Metro/MD area and I'm sure has fooled a lot of people unless they popped the hood:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...249384827&rd=1

Anyway, I'm one of those that really deep down would rather have the Avant if I had my druthers, for the ultimate stealth effect. This MTM Clubsport is the mother of all stealth vehicles, and to think that I had a chance to actually bid on it and bring it to the US, well !
    Please someone tell me it would've been an impossible amount of red tape and registration nonsense!
    All I can say is congrats to Clubsport!

hehe, with that chopped up hood, I doubt it's all that stealthy ;p

but, I'm with you, if I had my way, I'd take the avant as well!

Anyone else notice it doesnt have the RS6 side skirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    Please someone tell me it would've been an impossible amount of red tape and registration nonsense!
    Definitely yes ! ! ! !

Frederic

it's originally an S6, why making such a fuss about it?

tip: look at the dials, front grill, ...

What a pity !!!! All these men stating on things they don't really know.....
    My grand-mother had a good use, she was always saying : "when you don't know, you shut your mouth !"
    My car hasn't a S6 vin, neither a rs6 vin, it has an MTM vin. The registration was done in march 05. If it hasn't the side skirts, it is because of the weight. And i think "it would've been an impossible amount of red tape and registration nonsense!". Not for me now in france, because i ride my car everyday, but for you american guys.....Sorry.....
    For Steve: you can't be so close to my car to see anything which would teach you something about my car.
    For Erik: you should not believe all what you read in papers....

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsport View Post
    For Steeve: you can't be so close to my car to see anything which would teach you something about my car.
    there are tons of pics of the car, including Mr Balsens famous video where you can see many details at the intro of the video, including the broken white S6 dials.
    but what does it matter... even it the base was a "normal" A6 4.2l Avant... it still remains a fantastic car!

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    it still remains a fantastic car!
    I agrre with you even if i don't really know what is the basis of the car. But you have to know that S6, RS6 and A6 4,2l had the same body...

Car was registered on March 1st 2005 as Motoren Mayer RS6 Clubsport. Plate was IN-XN1152.

As stated before, I know about this car more than anybody on this forum. And I have all the papers...

Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsport View Post
    And i think "it would've been an impossible amount of red tape and registration nonsense!". Not for me now in france, because i ride my car everyday, but for you american guys.....Sorry.....
    Thank you (and Frederic, too)!!!
    You've put my mind at ease and I can now sleep easy!
    The only thing greater than my admiration for this uber-beast is my utter loathing for bureaucratic bullshlt!!!
    ...Plus my wife, she is not so good with the stick!
    (Taken out of context, I guess that comment could bannish me to the couch for a week)

Are you going to be doing a write-up on what it's like to drive that monster? I need to at least live vicariously through you! I imagine the seriously lightened chassis makes it feel like a totally different animal in the twisties...:MTM:

MTM has their own VIN? I'm not sure I understand that? I understand that you can purchase MTM vehicles (e.g. the MTM S5 that I'm quite tempted by), is that the reason? Because the car has been so heavily modified?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    MTM has their own VIN? I'm not sure I understand that? I understand that you can purchase MTM vehicles (e.g. the MTM S5 that I'm quite tempted by), is that the reason? Because the car has been so heavily modified?
    That would be a dead give-away to insurance companies that the vehicle is "B" when you purchased it as "A". But then again, some of those muscle cars from the sixties/seventies had additional VIN's.

It makes sense as MTM would need to know, based on the VIN, what they did or didn't do to the car...

Ah! Thanks for the clarification