Thread: Tiptronic up-shift

Tiptronic up-shift

In all our various discussions about messing with the software, is there a way to permanently disable the automatic upshift in the tiptronic software such that I am actually able to hang around red-line without the nanny state that is the transmission software always upshifting for me? Inquiring minds would love to know!

I don't think so. The car tries to save itself from over revving the engine.

Yes there is...you change the code with the Vagcom from 022 to 002 or vise versa I don't remember. This is what I do when I dyno the car to do the pulls on 3rd!Regards,Manuel

And is this a permanent fix? Or does it revert back to automatically upshifting after a while?

Quote Originally Posted by RS6 POWER View Post
    Yes there is...you change the code with the Vagcom from 022 to 002 or vise versa I don't remember. This is what I do when I dyno the car to do the pulls on 3rd!Regards,Manuel
    If true, thanks for great help! :asian:
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Yes, you can recode the TCM to bounce off the rev limiter, but from those who have done this, its not very good for the engine longevity or the bank account..

As i previously mentioned.

Replacing the 05 with -

22 - Doesnt allow the gearbox to shift up or down at all in Tip Mode

12 - Wont allow the gearbox to shift until it hits the limiter

RS-MAD

05??? stock is 02 at least in my car...and what is the difference from 12 to stock, from my understanding stock shifts when it gets to redline!!!Please advise.Manuel

Its too bad we cannot adjust the shifting speed with the VagCom, that would be very nice!

I was hoping someone would crack the code on the shift from first to second too dam soon issue on my 2000 A6 4.2. They did, just after I got my RS6 LOL. Now the shifting speed. That's one of the benifits on the TCU chip, but there must be a way to do this by VAGCOM.

Mike. The actual chip that controls shift speed and slip etc is located INSIDE the transmission itself. So, just to access it, one must drop and open. Then you get to try and figure out what to reprogram....But, if you were to buy a tranny from a european parts RS6 wreck, in theory, you could open her up, swap out the tranny chip and enjoy faster shifts more like Porsches have.Its prolly not that simple, but i'm sure its do-able.

i believe that the coding for the rs6 is 0001, certainly mine is...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi