Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How your car makes you feel?

How your car makes you feel?

Yesterday my RS6 Avant was in at the dealers for some routine servicing, I was out having a stroll around the forecourt looking at the cars for sale, when the chief mech appeared in my car, wound down the window, and told me he was taking it on a "test". Ok i said, enjoy!
    20 minutes later he reappeared and as he drove down the slip road in my car, IT STILL MADE ME SMILE!!!
    I realised there and then, that I have never owned a car that has made me smile for so long or am as proud of as the 6.
    The looks, the noise, posture and just the way it makes me happy-even when someone else is in the driving seat and I am a mere spectator, for me is priceless. How many cars can still do this after 5 years of ownership?

And to round it all off, Mick, the chief mech pulled up and just smiled shook his head and said *uck me, I love these cars, they will never top this model.
    Perhaps i am just a softy sentimental old bugger

So, How does yours make you feel?
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

hahaha, great story. I love mine til I go to the gas pump ;D

I ALWAYS take a second and third look at my car while walking away
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

So here's my little shame:

My wife will once in a while take my car to run an errand (usually when she has no fuel in her SUV).

I always listen to the car start up in the garage, stop whatever I'm doing and hurry to the window to watch my RS6 pull away. It's such a great car to see in motion and I think it sounds so much better from outside the car.

I can hear her approaching the house (SE Exhaust) and I hurry back to the window to get a glimpse of it coming back.

Sick no?

Yes, very sick. What a perv. You must really be in need of a life and have your priorities all screwed up with no sense of what's really important in life and never have matured beyond the high school teen-age hot-rod gear-head level. Pleez.

I would NEVER be caught doing something like that. I always make sure the shades are turned so the neighbors can't see me. Sometimes have to hind behind a brick column so she can't see me in the rearview mirror (I think she suspects me of doing it).

I ALWAYS take a second and third look at my car while walking away
    Me too

I always listen to the car start up in the garage, stop whatever I'm doing and hurry to the window to watch my RS4 pull away.
    Me too

it sounds so much better from outside the car.
    So true!

Lovin this sound.

http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/

HaHa I'm a sucker for looking at my car everytime I walk away from it. The best is when some chump is buying an A8L at the dealership and you start the rs6 up. Even though its a 2003 that guys still having second thoughts if he made the right choice, but before he can think your already a mile away! The looks on peoples faces when you pass them is worth it too. I think its so funny when you see someone point and can read their lips saying "thats an R..S...6!" PRICELESS

Everytime I come up to the dealership someone will remind me how lucky I am to have that car, either the dealer or some customer.

This car is truly the "Lord of the Rings"

VW Driver lusted

Pull up to Starbucks this morning and a guy getting in a VW something or other is walking in front as I pull in - I see his eyebrow raise as he sees the grill badge - obviously someone in the know. "You must know what it is..." I said grinning. Kinda fun.

I totally agree with everything said here. I can't help but admire my car everytime I get in or out of it. I've even let a friend or two drive it through my neighborhood - it's a closed estate - just so I could head the exhaust note from outside the car. It really does put a smile on your face. I've never heard of or seen another car that brings so much happiness to its owner.
    2003 RS6, 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible, 2005 S4 Cabriolet, 2000 S4, & 2001 A6 2.8

i'm guilty as well..

my favorite hobby is finding any Audi/VW on the road - making sure i get right in front of them - and watching for the look on their face as they identify my vehicle.

The difference between normal civilians and people "in the know" is night and day. I'll either get no reaction; OR raised eyebrows, scooting up in the seat and leaning over the steering wheel trying to confirm what they see - - - just exactly like i did the 2 times i saw an RS6 on the road before i owned a beast.

i love my car.

Nice thread. RS6 puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a drive.

Only car that has ever done that for me . Sort of like the Cadillac commercial about the new CTS. The one with the hot women who states " when you turn your car on, does it return the favor". Sums it up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by s42ski View Post
    Nice thread. RS6 puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a drive.

Only car that has ever done that for me . Sort of like the Cadillac commercial about the new CTS. The one with the hot women who states " when you turn your car on, does it return the favor". Sums it up pretty well.
    That's a hot ass commercial, I need her to return the favour to me.

uh.., DuckWing, I think you're a little off topic there. but ditto.

by the by, your avatar cracks me up everytime I see it.

Comming out from an early dinner yesterday, I spent about 15 minutes talking with a few guys about the RS6. They drove an X3, SL55 and an A8L. The guy with the A8 was well versed with the RS6 and was "schooling" his buddies on the RS6. I gave them the 10 cent tour of the car with a bit of pride.

This says it all: The message on my passenger Door Mirror reads: "OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING"

Barry - Daytona Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    This says it all: The message on my passenger Door Mirror reads: "OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING"

Barry - Daytona Avant
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

hi
    i have malibu and its great car
    http://www.thegreatguys.com/servlet/StoreFront

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    uh.., DuckWing, I think you're a little off topic there. but ditto.

by the by, your avatar cracks me up everytime I see it.
    haha, hey, it goes down like that sometimes!

Driving around Irvine, a lot of times I feel that this car is _too_ stealth. These damned yuppies in Orange County don't really seem to know what to make of my car. And all the people that recognize me, I pretty much know them all.