Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Research your local dealership here!

Research your local dealership here!

The thread titled "Courtesy Cars From Audi" led me to start this thread inviting you to trash the dealership who has treated you or your car poorly, or to praise the dealership(s) that you recommend.

The purpose is not to rant (because it would just get too long), but instead to help forum members to avoid bad experiences and guide them to good ones. Please include the dealers location and feel free to rank the service and/or sales departments on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being great).

__________________________________________________ ___________

STONG AUDI, Salt Lake City Service = 0 My car left with more problems than it went there with, plus I was treated disrespectfully. Had to get AoA involved.

KEN GARFF AUDI, Orem UT Service = 9 Very good experiences so far. Ask for Tony Samuels.

If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Stong Audi or Strong Audi?

Lindbrooke Audi (Tonbridge (UK) main dealer)

Brilliant. Have bought all my Audi's from them. Couldn't be more helpful. All departments go out of there way to make you feel like you are getting your monies worth out of them!
    Take a test drive while you wait for service ETC- great, drove the R8 dsg= awsome= want one=£110k fully loaded= shit thats a lot.....
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

The Audi Connection in Cincinnati is amazing when it comes to customer service, but when its time to get into actually fixing the car you get more excuses then solutions. My old b7 a4 went in for tranmission problems, but before it went in everytime they said it was fine, even though I could here a grinding noise. Finally after leaving it there 4 times I made them come with me while I drove. After that it was 4 weeks before I got the car back. With the rs6 its worse, because now they tell me the reason it takes so long to fix it is because its an rs6 and only there trained person can look at it. I know this is true, but it shouldnt take a week just to look at a car, then another 3 to fix it.

Stammler Audi (Boulder,CO)- worst dealer ever! A bunch of liars and the service department doesn't have a clue. Used to be Porsche too, but that got taken away from them. Do not go to Stammler.

Prestige Audi/Porsche (Denver, CO)- pretty good dealer. No lies and they give straight up info(They still won't take a deposit on the RS6 sedan until it is official its coming to the US). Service is just OK, as they once didn't put enough oil in my S6 and I had to add oil because the oil level warning light came on. But overall they are a good bunch of guys.
    current rides:
    -'07 S6 phantom black/black,tech, cold, warm, carbon fiber inlays, 15% carbon fiber tint
    -'07 ML63 AMG black/black
    -'07 Accord V6/navi
    -'07 Titan LE
    -'86 M6
    former rides:
    - too many to list but last Audi before the S was a '05 A6 4.2 S-line

D-Patrick European Showroom (Evansville, IN) Overall Rating: 0/10 - Quite possibly the worst German car dealer in the Midwest. Their salesmen are, for the most part, good, honest individuals, but their service department is composed of inexperienced Chevrolet mechanics and only 1 or 2 master technicians; they are authorized to work on Porshces and Mercedes by the respective companies...this is a dealership that sells Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Mercedes, and BMW.

The general manager and service managers are full of lies and will deceive even their most loyal customers to make an extra grand or so. For example, when my bud's post-warranty 1999 Boxster S service light came on, he took it to D-Patrick, who said that he would be needing a new engine.. that would = $$$$ out of his pocket. Suspicious, he took it to my uncle's shop, Foreign Performance, which is a renowned out-of-warranty German mechanic shop in the Midwest. They discovered the problem to be minor - forgot what it was exactly - and he left happy...the car is still running great.

A very similar incident happened to another friend of mine who owns a Porsche Carrear 4S cab. Instead of taking Foreign Performance's second opinion, she opted to go with D-Patrick...several months later after getting the engine replaced by D-Pat, it broke down to the point where they actually needed to purchase another engine and I believe a new transmission also; they might be on engine #3 now!

D-Patrick of Evansville has been losing customers left and right over the past 5 years due to their inferior service department; my friend's father purchased a 2005 A6 3.2 and a 2007 Carrera S from D-Pat, but now takes them to Bluegrass Audi, a very fine dealership I must add, in Louisville, KY, because of D-Pat's ever-decreasing reputation and because the cars are still under warranty; because of D-Pat's extreme loss of customers, Foreign Performance has doubled or even tripled its amount of customers it seems over the past 5 or so years. I can rant all day, but D-Patrick, along with their sub-par selection of automobiles...a few 3-series, a few base A4s, 2 Boxsters, and 1 M6 for the most part...and their failing service department is due to crumble soon; that's where I come in .

On a lighter note, if you remember the recall for RS6s a couple of years ago - potential bad brake circuit in all 2003 A6/S6/RS6 models or something - I called D-Pat for the hell of it to have them do it under warranty. The service manager didn't know what an RS6 was! "Listen, I don't know what an RS6 is, I show nothing in our books about that model, we're not authorized to work on anything like that, etc., etc." - his response.

I'm terribly sorry for ranting (as BLITZEN said not to do), but I have a passion for this. Avoid D-Patrick of Evansville, IN at all costs...I'm probably the only one who will worry about this since Evansville is in the boondocks compared to where most everyone on here lives.
    2003 RS6, 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible, 2005 S4 Cabriolet, 2000 S4, & 2001 A6 2.8

2 more compliments

First, since it was just mentioned, I will say good things about Bluegrass Audi in Louisville, KY. I bought my RS6 there, and had routine warranty maintenance there as well. Straight tallking people who treated me well, though on one occasion they had used the parts for my annual RS6 service on the guy who showed up 2 days before, without an appointment. Cost me an extra day without the car. I was in Louisville for the week anyway, thankfully, as my wife was there for a convention.

On recommendation of Chicago area members on this site, I have gone to Continental Audi of Naperville, IL for the major service at 35,000 miles, with timing belt change, etc. No slam on Bluegrass, but I am in Chicago much more often, and with other things to do as well.

I was treated fine in the service dept there. Courtesy shuttle to and from the train station was no problem. But I certainly didn't get any feeling that I was anything more than just another customer. Never met the service tech himself, just the desk staff. Probably lots of other high end Audi customers there, and with no particular connection to the dealership other than the recommendations of some of you, they certainly didn't roll out any red carpet. Maybe it would have been different if I had bought the car there. I still plan to return there on an ongoing basis for service; I just won't be expecting any bells and whistles. The sales staff, however, was happy to demo an S6 V10 for my wife while we were there!
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

Carousel Audi in Minneapolis

Don't have time to mention all the good points. Suffice to say I've been to a lot of dealerships between Audi and BMW. Some are competent; some are friendly; but few are both to an extreme. They always have a loaner ready for me. Went the extra mile to resolve a particularly difficult warranty issue related to my car being chipped prior to my purchase CPO. It is the only Audi dealer of the 6 or 7 I've dealt with that consistently has a number of RS6s on site for service. When the time comes, they'll get my A8 business.

Joel Anderson is the best SA I've ever had.
    Jet Black/Imola Red, No Sunroof, Ground Control Everything, Magnesium BBS, a/d/s amp/speakers
    1993 Ford F250
    250k miles, 460ci, lots of scratches and dents, hauls anything and starts everytime

I haven't been in service for a couple of years. My A6 4.2 was totally problem free since 2002 not one in service date.
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

Pacific Audi (Torrance, Southern California) Rating: 10/10. Too numerous reasons why they have been exemplary. Great service all around. Dealership composed of Audi enthusiasts. This is a dealer that enjoys owners coming in and just shooting the breeze with the gang there. Very welcoming. One of SoCal's best. Hanger style dealership with a nice luxo-feel.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Bluegrass Audi in Louisville is a top of the line dealer. The service department staff are RS4/6 fanatics. They always have time to talk tech. I had a DRC problem (imagine that) they fixed it right and explained every step. Even the salesmen are not bottom feeders and are well versed on all the S and RS cars.

Audi Exchange, Highland Park IL

Audi Exchange is where I bought my CPO RS6, SIGHT UNSEEN. I was happy with their customer service and my salesman, Josh went the extra mile. The even had a few RS6's to choose from! Their phone number is 847-432-5020.

Blitzen, your experience with Salt Lake Audi dealers is exactly the opposite of mine. I've had nothing but good experiences at Strong Audi, Ken Garff can't seem to order the right parts, can't bother to call me back, etc... Plus - no coffee bar at Garffs!

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    The thread titled "Courtesy Cars From Audi" led me to start this thread inviting you to trash the dealership who has treated you or your car poorly, or to praise the dealership(s) that you recommend.

The purpose is not to rant (because it would just get too long), but instead to help forum members to avoid bad experiences and guide them to good ones. Please include the dealers location and feel free to rank the service and/or sales departments on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being great).

__________________________________________________ ___________

STONG AUDI, Salt Lake City Service = 0 My car left with more problems than it went there with, plus I was treated disrespectfully. Had to get AoA involved.

KEN GARFF AUDI, Orem UT Service = 9 Very good experiences so far. Ask for Tony Samuels.

"2-3" McKenna Audi. (Downey/Norwalk) Danny the owner is really annoying as are his top salespeople (well just his top guy actually). Service Dept. is actually very good but so many bad experiences with the non-service dept. staff has led me to other dealers for good.

? Circle Audi. (Long Beach) Just went once and it was extremely odd. I think it may have been a bad day. Anyways just being there once I wont give them a grade.

"8-9" Pacific Audi. (Torrance) Overall very good. However, on my old Audi, they once scratched my rims.....the outer lip.....I avoided them for a year but every service since then has been really good. The service manager there is "extremely" nice ...... very service oriented. I think he said he came over from Santa Monica Audi.

Lastly I've never been to Rusnak (Pasadena) but I hear the salespeople are low pressure.

HBL Audi - Tyson's Corner Virginia

1) Let me start by saying I can relate to Blitzen's post about Strong. I called THEM to purchase a cpo RS6 and they called me back the first time ~ but I then called with some questions and they didn't call me back. So I called 4 days later and spoke with the same guy and he was very apologetic and enthusiastic and said he would look at the car to verify the options and call me back. No call. So I call back a THIRD time and ask for the same guy, talk to him and ask him the same question..... Dude NEVER called me back.

What kind of loser do I have to be to have a USED CAR Salesman stand me up? :trash:

RANKING OF 0
    ----------------------
    2) So I purchase my CPO from Audi North Scottsdale ~ AWESOME to deal with. Answered all my questions and helped me buy my current RS6 Sight Unseen! I am EXTREMELY happy with them!

RANKING of 9
    ----------------------

3) HBL of Tyson's Corner deals with Porsche, Audi, Astin Martin and Mercedes. I have only dealt with the Audi guys with 2 seperate RS6 and I am here to say Matt Frick is fantastic! This guy knows his stuff, ALWAYS calls me back and is peronable. Like many before I can't say enough of the good stuff about HBL Audi, but there's never been a problem including loaner car waiting, quick service and my concerns addressed.

RANKING of 10

Waz

Is it just me, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Rez0n8r View Post
    Blitzen, your experience with Salt Lake Audi dealers is exactly the opposite of mine. I've had nothing but good experiences at Strong Audi, Ken Garff can't seem to order the right parts, can't bother to call me back, etc... Plus - no coffee bar at Garffs!
    Since that was your 1st post, let me welcome you. Do you own an RS6 or RS4? If so, ask for Tony Samuels at Ken Garff. He handles only the RS's and Porsches. The experience you get at any dealership starts with your Service Advisor and Tony is top notch.

I don't want to hijack this thread with the details of my experiences. I could do that with you personally. Maybe we've seen each other on the streets? Regardless, let me tell you, when push comes to shove, Strongs will let you down hard. While I've met a couple people like you who say they're good, I know a lot more that know, (like me) that testify that they suck.

And finally, I'd rather get a loaner vehicle from Garffs than coffee and a van ride.

I've seen some negative opinions about Beverly Hills P-A, but I've had excellent experiences there, including DRC repair. Tim Bennett is my SA and he's really top-notch; knows the RS6 thoroughly and is friendly and responsive. They did stop giving out loaners, which is irritating, but do pay for a rental from a good place.

I'm with BLITZEN on the situation in the Salt Lake area. Got mine through Garff, and got great service on the sale and on subseqent service. Went to Strong because it was closer to home. Now with DRC failure (AGAIN!) and Garff has been amazing about aranging warranty coverage and a fair deal...likely to save me about $2k over what Strong was going to do. It even seems that the diagnosis from Strong wasn't correct either: Strong says both rear struts leaking, Garff that right rear and left front....hope they are right!
    The key is indeed Tony Samuels. If thinking about going to Garff definitely ask for him.