Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Courtesy Cars from Audi ?

Courtesy Cars from Audi ?

Just wondering what everyones got as a complimentary car to drive around in for the day while yours is at the garage being serviced/repaired. The A8 is away today as i feel its going through tires to quickly! (4 sets of 2 on the rear since last Feburary) My dealer kindly comes to my house at 7:30, in whatever he chose to take home the night before and leaves that car here with me for the day and returns back at about 6 in my car again, providing all is well.

I've had all kinds of cars, considering i have an RS6+ and an A8 i always avoid A3's & 4's. My favourite so far has been the new TT (2.0) which i had for the day a while ago. Closely followed by the Q7 (3.0TDI). I was joking with the service manager about him bringing an R8 one day... Unfortunetly it wasnt today and i only got an A6 Avant (4.2) It will do though as it is well specified and has the same engine as my A8!

Whats everyone elses experiences on this front ?

see here in the US our dealers are terrible. It is very rare you find a dealer that will even give you an Audi let alone a nice one. Mostly you get Ford's Chevy's and the occasional Cadillac. Also you get kia's and other rubbish......

Funny Story: FACTS::I am 6'1" over 300Lbs yes im fat I know....LOL

So i call my dealer and say to them "hey guys I need to bring my RS6 in for the check engine light you guys just "fixed" last week maybe its another problem" they say no problem bring it on down and we will get you in a car drive for the day....So i take my car in and the dealer says to me you have a choice of 3 cars today so I say "what are they" they reply "a Ford focus, Chevy aveo or Dodge neon.....I was instantly furious and started yelling at them saying HOW IN THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIT IN THIS PIECE OF SHIT blah blah blah.........so finally after i threatened to call Audi of America they said ok well get you a car so 1 hour later after waiting at the dealer I get a Dodge Charger and went home so angry........

All the dealers use Enterprise instead of loner cars. It saddens me how when you take in a 80K car like the RS6 you cant get a decent car in return and i asked they guy ( cause the dealer is BMW Audi and Porsche ) so if some one brings in a Carrera GT you give them a Charger and he replies to me yes........LOL I was laughing in his face

sorry for the long post but though you would get a kick out of this
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

I've had (2) different experiences from (2) different dealers..

First, Strong Audi in Salt Lake never ever even offered a loaner car, only a lift to work in their mini-van. Then, they never fixed my problems - only caused more. WARNING - Never go to Strong Audi !

I vowed never to go back and I started driving to Ken Garff Audi, (40 minutes away in Orem, UT). They have been 100% better and well worth the extra effort on my part. The first time I took my RS6 there, they gave me a 2008 Porsche Cayenne to drive. The second time was a 2008 A4 Avant. Either way, I've been really happy with them, not just b/c of the quality loaners, but also b/c they can fix the problems that Strong Audi can't seem to figure out.
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted-Bora View Post
    see here in the US our dealers are terrible. It is very rare you find a dealer that will even give you an Audi let alone a nice one. Mostly you get Ford's Chevy's and the occasional Cadillac. Also you get kia's and other rubbish......

Funny Story: FACTS::I am 6'1" over 300Lbs yes im fat I know....LOL

So i call my dealer and say to them "hey guys I need to bring my RS6 in for the check engine light you guys just "fixed" last week maybe its another problem" they say no problem bring it on down and we will get you in a car drive for the day....So i take my car in and the dealer says to me you have a choice of 3 cars today so I say "what are they" they reply "a Ford focus, Chevy aveo or Dodge neon.....I was instantly furious and started yelling at them saying HOW IN THE HELL AM I GOING TO FIT IN THIS PIECE OF SHIT blah blah blah.........so finally after i threatened to call Audi of America they said ok well get you a car so 1 hour later after waiting at the dealer I get a Dodge Charger and went home so angry........

All the dealers use Enterprise instead of loner cars. It saddens me how when you take in a 80K car like the RS6 you cant get a decent car in return and i asked they guy ( cause the dealer is BMW Audi and Porsche ) so if some one brings in a Carrera GT you give them a Charger and he replies to me yes........LOL I was laughing in his face

sorry for the long post but though you would get a kick out of this

are you talking about the dealership on rockville pike?

i am not an audi owner but i have been there a few times and they do not know what the fuck they are talking about. one guy told me that they were waiting to get the "r4"

You guys in America seem pretty hard done by, your dealers really dont seem up to scratch. Here in the UK i stopped using a dealer because its really cramped parking and i dont like them driving my A8 about their parking as i expect they'll scratch it. Most dealers in the UK will give you an Audi though, simply one of the demonstrators or a used car or something.

One of the sales people at my local garage drives an S6 for some reason

I'm witness to Drew getting a Charger hahaha! And a Kia Rio!!!

If I take my ///M3 to the BMW dealer I purchased it from- they provide a E90 325 or 328 sedan. If I take it to any other dealer, same situation with the Charger :/. Its ridiuclous.

Quote Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
    are you talking about the dealership on rockville pike?

i am not an audi owner but i have been there a few times and they do not know what the fuck they are talking about. one guy told me that they were waiting to get the "r4"
    Yeah bro i am talking about them and another dealer near my house by the name of Tischer both horrible I now go to HBL in Fairfax VA its further but well worth it even though I still get a Charger....LOL

One time when I was considering an S5 and was also considering a CLK 63 the guy told me that the manual tranny in the S5 was better then the manual in the CLK.....WTF and that AMG's AWD was trash....LOL since when did Merc get manuals in high end AMG's or AWD......LOL
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

I know my dealer has enterprise, but they never give me those cars. So far since I have been dealing with audi for 3 years, they have given me a: B7 a4, q7, 08 a6 fully loaded. I refuse to drive the enterprise cars, and they usually know I will put up an argument if I get the enterprise or the a4.(I think its only fair that you should get an audi for an audi)

As an 'S' car owner I've always been under the impression that I should get an equivalent or higher model, but this has never been the case for me. I hear of S4 owners being loaned RS4s while their car is being serviced - to try and tempt them into upgrading no doubt - but no such luck on my part. I always get an Audi though, no question. I've had all sorts ranging from a basic 2.0 petrol A3 Sportback up to a fully loaded 2.7TDi C6 Avant with all the toys.

Services are one of the times when I'm glad I don't own a BMW. If you take one of those in, there's always the possibility of being loaned a
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

When i got my torque converter done - it was a 2 week job. They pulled up a new A4 for me - and i politely denied it. I explained that after driving my RS6 around - an A4 would simply be unfair.

They understood my concern and gave me an '07 A6.

Conclusion? Not much better. It was the 3.2, and felt slow as molasses. I suppose after feeling accustomed to the RS6; any rental car is going to flat out suck.

The dealer was Champion Audi of Coral Springs, FL

It's silly to expect a dealership to have on hand enough brand specific loaners to cover all those who request a loaner car when they may perhaps be servicing 20 or 30 cars a day, if they are in for urgent service for a failure of some kind.

What is annoying is if you book routine service a month or more in advance, and they still don't have a brand specific loaner! You'd think that they would not be fully booked that far in advance since those would be for routine type maintenence that far out...

Mike

i will always get a car, but it does depend on what is in the garage. when i had my s8, i got an rs6 which is one of the things that convinced me to move to one (and that my initial impression of the car had been wrong). failure to do this sort of thing is pretty short-sighted by dealers...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Registered User another Russian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    I've had (2) different experiences from (2) different dealers..

First, Strong Audi in Salt Lake never ever even offered a loaner car, only a lift to work in their mini-van. Then, they never fixed my problems - only caused more. WARNING - Never go to Strong Audi !

I vowed never to go back and I started driving to Ken Garff Audi, (40 minutes away in Orem, UT). They have been 100% better and well worth the extra effort on my part. The first time I took my RS6 there, they gave me a 2008 Porsche Cayenne to drive. The second time was a 2008 A4 Avant. Either way, I've been really happy with them, not just b/c of the quality loaners, but also b/c they can fix the problems that Strong Audi can't seem to figure out.
    amen, bro. SLC rocks
    I am from Moscow Russia. Every time I bring the car for any warranty repairs I get the same class vehicle or higher. I'm driving A6 and sometimes I can even have an option for free substitude of an A8 . ...But ... there was a time when dealer simply didn't have any cars.
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
    - H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

US dealership situation is crap, my buddy takes his E55 in for service and gets a C240. But, I suppose at least he's getting another Benz :P

Jim Ellis Audi in Marietta tried to put me in an Enterprise Rental car and I just started to walk away while saying "I drive an RS6, I'm headed to Nalley Audi where they will put me in a dealer Audi" They then "found" an A4 1.8T for me to drive while the car was in service.

Next time, I will remind my service adviser when I schedule the appointment that I need a dealer Audi and if one is not available on the day I am coming in to schedule my service on a different day. Not a snob here, but I've owned BMWs for 10+ years and they ALWAYS put me in a BMW loaner of the same of better model. If Audi is expecting to sell 100k+ R8, RS4, RS5, S5, etc they had better start treating the owners better.

Pacific Audi in Torrance is not too bad on this front. I used to get a used Audi off the back lot which would be an A8 or an A6, now they have a small fleet of A4's and A3's.
    The A3's are quite fun for a day or two. My wife has a Lexus SC430 and when that was under warranty we used to get either a ES300 as a loaner.

My car goes off factory warranty in two weeks. I wonder what they will put me in at that point ? OR will I be paying for the loaner ?

Quote Originally Posted by +44 Dave View Post
    You guys in America seem pretty hard done by, your dealers really dont seem up to scratch. Here in the UK i stopped using a dealer because its really cramped parking and i dont like them driving my A8 about their parking as i expect they'll scratch it. Most dealers in the UK will give you an Audi though, simply one of the demonstrators or a used car or something.

One of the sales people at my local garage drives an S6 for some reason
    I was given a Toyota 4-Runner when my M5 went in for it's 1,200mile service and that was only after I caused a scene when they tried giving me a fricking Chyrlser PT cruiser. This is Beverly Hills BMW and where I bought my car yet they don't even have any 3s left for a top of the range customer? Their service dept is a joke. USA having good customer service customer service- don't make me laugh.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)

Quote Originally Posted by s42ski View Post
    Pacific Audi in Torrance is not too bad on this front. I used to get a used Audi off the back lot which would be an A8 or an A6, now they have a small fleet of A4's and A3's.
    The A3's are quite fun for a day or two. My wife has a Lexus SC430 and when that was under warranty we used to get either a ES300 as a loaner.

My car goes off factory warranty in two weeks. I wonder what they will put me in at that point ? OR will I be paying for the loaner ?
    I've heard great things about Lexus which is why I'm poised to bring in the new LX570 to stable mate my sedan.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)