Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Courtesy Cars from Audi ?

I am sure this has been said here before, but it sounds like you guys in the states have it tough with the dealers, over here Audi cannot do enough, yeah it costs, but to me anyway they have always been top notch, coffee, even a sandwich if I ahve been waiting for a car, always happy to chat and give advice, and generally make you feel good.
    Don't know if any of the other uk bods here have had the Audi follow up survey? Its quite funny, they ask you if you left the dealership feeling warm and fluffy!
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    I don't think the audi weakness is the dealer network. I've had my audi for 14000 miles and had to fix a broken AC switch, headlight washer, fuel tank sensor, and leaking transmission. I don't think audi will explode until the quality improves. I've had my nsx for 35000 miles and had not a single issue.
    I've had ten Audis and everyone of them has been a bedrock of reliability. I'm sorry you are having those problems, but every carmaker has issues including precious little overhyped Lexus. Audi has had problems, but its quality is among the best as evidenced from various awards. Quality is there although it needs to continue to improve as is the corporate goal of Audi. Dealers also do not always fix things right giving the impression of low quality and this is where Audi needs to fix these type of issues.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    I am sure this has been said here before, but it sounds like you guys in the states have it tough with the dealers, over here Audi cannot do enough, yeah it costs, but to me anyway they have always been top notch, coffee, even a sandwich if I ahve been waiting for a car, always happy to chat and give advice, and generally make you feel good.
    Don't know if any of the other uk bods here have had the Audi follow up survey? Its quite funny, they ask you if you left the dealership feeling warm and fluffy!

It depends where you live in the States. Unfortunately, Audi has some so-called legacy dealers that were established by VW when VW was giving away franchises decades ago giving Audi franchise to dealers that should have never got them. However, many Audi dealers do offer top notch service. For example, recently my S6 was getting some cosmetic work done at my body shop. The body shop was trying to get hold of a new S6 grill for weeks which is hard to get as they are sent directly from Germany. I called my dealer and asked them to help him. They placed a critical search on it and within few days they got it for me and worked out all the details with the body shop without me breaking a sweat. So, there are very good Audi dealers and this type of experience has been my general experience over the years.

Hence Richard's sig, "audi geek"! Richard, finally back in town, feeling all sorts of jetlag but when we gonna do the angeles forest run? Should I set up a thread?

Now VW dealership thats a different matter, I drove a passat TDI for a work car, and was quite impressed, so I went to my local dealer and asked them to find me a W8 , I nearly punched the bloke, he was unhelpful he was almost rude telling me and I quote, He was not going to waste his time trying to find me one, even if he found one, it was going to be out of my price range! I hadn't even told " a price range". I sold the VW a week later and ought the A4 2.4SE, wrote to VW uk to complain and never even got a response. VW Tunbridge Wells- be named and shamed!!!

man, that's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Hence Richard's sig, "audi geek"! Richard, finally back in town, feeling all sorts of jetlag but when we gonna do the angeles forest run? Should I set up a thread?
    Nice to have you back in the States! The jetlag can be bad. I know I get that coming back from Europe. Yes, let's set up a thread for the Angel's Forest Run. Throw some dates out, but let's shoot for either 29th or 30th of March. Does that work? Let me know.

Registered User DetailersDomain's Avatar
    I had my Rs6 in for gasket leaks, cam seals, and vac hose leaks, they gave me a 2008 a4 2.0 for 1 week and a free ez pass ...not bad.
    I didn't even have to schedule the appt I just walked in.

DCH Audi in Maplewood NJ btw.
    Phil Yiu
    Detailer's Domain
    e-mail: phil@detailersdomain.com

As per my other posts elsewhere, mine goes in for DRc work on monday, have got an S4 cabrio as a loaner- bet it pisses with rain the whole time!