Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: trouble for RS4 - E92 M3 starts at $54,575

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
    Hah I don't think the RS4 has any problem with this. Might as well get a M5 at this point to save some money.

First of all the coupe is $3,000 more then the four door. Plus there is alot of unnecessary options on that. ie extended leather,park distance control, hd radio, rear sunshade.

Take alot of those options a way and keep some that most would want like the premium package and all, and you get a nicely optioned 4 door for about 60-61k dollars.

edit: Plus a 2 door would have to be compared to the upcoming RS5 which i would think would be at least a $3,000 difference from the RS4.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Quote Originally Posted by nyrs6 View Post
    First of all the coupe is $3,000 more then the four door. Plus there is alot of unnecessary options on that. ie extended leather,park distance control, hd radio, rear sunshade.

Take alot of those options a way and keep some that most would want like the premium package and all, and you get a nicely optioned 4 door for about 60-61k dollars.

edit: Plus a 2 door would have to be compared to the upcoming RS5 which i would think would be at least a $3,000 difference from the RS4.
    Do you not notice that the car is $97,000+ and thats before sales tax?

Oh hahah

Sorry i didnt see that.

BTW They should get in trouble from BMW becuase they are printing that out on a BMW Accessorie Sticker making it look offical.

I hate these dealers.
    My car:

Quote Originally Posted by nyrs6 View Post

ho please don't start about 4 doors vs 4 doors and 2 doors vs 2 doors!!! we've been comparing the RS4 (4 doors) to the M3 (2 doors) for soooo many years now... So when comparing perf we can but not when it comes to price . RS5 is not out so let's not confuse things more than they are already.

That M3 is 97k with the options that most people would take so RS4 is NOT in danger at all... The only point I might give BMW on this is that they seems to have a more elaborate options plan than I got on my RS4 but that's about it.

25,000 dollar market adjustment, lol. Too bad someone will probably pay it.

Yeah Ford tried the old "Market Adjustment" on me when I went to get a GT500. I did ok...... I ended up in a TT Porsche. chewym you are right though someone will pay it.

I like this bit:
    Estimated Annual Fuel Cost $2,813 based on 15,000 miles at $3.00 per gallon
    In the UK we can only DREAM about fuel at $3.00 per gallon!
    Premium fuel here is £1.10 per litre which makes it just under $10.00 per gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    I like this bit:

In the UK we can only DREAM about fuel at $3.00 per gallon!
    Premium fuel here is £1.10 per litre which makes it just under $10.00 per gallon.
    Yesterday I paid $3.59/gal for premium. If we were paying $10- a gallon here it would be mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
    If we were paying $10- a gallon here it would be mayhem.
    We're not happy about it - but there's too many "green idiots" and too many people scared to stick up for what they believe in over here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
    ho please don't start about 4 doors vs 4 doors and 2 doors vs 2 doors!!! we've been comparing the RS4 (4 doors) to the M3 (2 doors) for soooo many years now... So when comparing perf we can but not when it comes to price . RS5 is not out so let's not confuse things more than they are already.

That M3 is 97k with the options that most people would take so RS4 is NOT in danger at all... The only point I might give BMW on this is that they seems to have a more elaborate options plan than I got on my RS4 but that's about it.
    You really think that the $25,000 price gouging is going to go on for a while?

When the RS6 and RS4 first came out, what were dealers in CA doing?
    My car:

No-one has pointed out yet that the new M3 looks like crap also. What is that "bulge" protruding out of the bonnet??!!? Power-dome? Wanker-dome more like it. I have tried and tried to like the new BMW design language (been a BMW fan for years), but frankly it just doesn't cut it. Different does not necessarily mean good.
    --------------------------
    RS4 Sedan - Daytona Grey
    --------------------------
    Previous drives:
    Porsche Cayman S
    Audi TT
    BMW 328Ci
    BMW 318i
    Mazda 323 (ok, ok, but it was my first car!)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    No-one has pointed out yet that the new M3 looks like crap also. What is that "bulge" protruding out of the bonnet??!!? Power-dome? Wanker-dome more like it. I have tried and tried to like the new BMW design language (been a BMW fan for years), but frankly it just doesn't cut it. Different does not necessarily mean good.
    I have to agree with you on this one - meaning the crap part. What happened to the lean M3 of long ago? That formula worked!

This E92 and the one prior (E whatever), to me, are too blinged out. This model M3 is less for performance enthusiast and more for poser (sic) racers. Sure it goes like snot. Only because of brute force and less of anything else. Sure it will be a threat on the track and streets.

It would be interesting to see the original vehicle dimensions of the first M3 and then this E92 bloated one. An elephant on rollerskates can only corner so fast and so long...

When is the M5 V16 coming out? or the E999999 M3 V16?

Enough..