Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 Vs M5 ams

And How come 997 GT3 is such a brilliant car

IMHO it takes two (or more) for a thread to go bad.

The perfect car would have 100% variable AWD. All drivetrains have their pro's and their cons.

Though the thing i'd want to see is audi going back to rallying. Now that would be a challenge!

Banned
    hello ruergard you've just taked my words from my mouth:AWD was banned because AUDI ALWAYS WIN moroun. you don't even think what are you saying there. An 4WD is more precise, more cirurgical machine, more perfect to drive and feel speed, that's why 4WD is superior to RWD. The new GTR is such a good car BECAUSE OF THE 4WD which puts 475HP to the wheel. What M car does that?M5/M6?Yeahhh right... i have one little more thing to say taken from the test of the new RS6 by Autocar:"M5 if you want to beat the RS6 get 2 turbo's and an 4WD shassy"
    Excuse me, i forgot the test of last year i think where Topgear in front of JK tested M6 vs Aston DB7 (i think) vs Porsche 911...and was like this:M6=507HP, DB7=380HP,911=360HP aproximately (don't remember acurately) and the winner was Porsche on the Island of Men...and second Aston and 3rd BMW...and the end JK said why the most powerfull car of this 3 cars is the worst?Where did that power go?Spinning and spinning...

Quote Originally Posted by [M3noDRFT] View Post
    haha, I did realize that right after I posted. Doesn't matter, once again though- RWD cars do not handle bad. For instance, RWD Porsches?
    They have the engine in the back (alright, at least the 911's.. ) which helps the traction... Nah, I'm just playing silly!

But for a car that I drive everyday, I love AWD. That secure feeling of always having grip and the car just goes, whatever the conditions when putting down the pedal.

But we all are different, thanks for that! Some like RWD, others like AWD. I like both and wouldn't mind at all owning a M5. Superb car, but... the RS6 suits me better.

I think it's time for a moderator to clean up this thread.

Best ignore IhateRWD's comments as they bear no relevance to the discuss in hand, EVER.

Guys, best disregard his comments and stop wasting time replying, the average keyboard's life span is too short.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    i was talking about RS6 vs M5 and that's the relevancy of this thread.

One question i'd have is - how Avant and sedan compare in handling department? The other day i had S6 avant in front of me and did i like the stance?! Awesome, i can't imagine what RS6 is like, can't wait to test drive it and own it

The C6 RS6 will blow the doors off the E60 M5. A C5 RS6 with a chip and full exhaust will walk from an E60 M5 all day so what makes you think the C6 RS6 wont.

E60 M5 HP/TQ 507/383
    C5 Chipped RS6 550/540
    C6 RS6 580/483
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

C5 RS6 with chip, exhaust and jet fuel maybe Jesus Christ where people get this ideas from?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutkowsky View Post
    C5 RS6 with chip, exhaust and jet fuel maybe Jesus Christ where people get this ideas from?!?
    check out the stats before you speak. There are two different chipped RS6's on the forum running 12.2 in the quarter mile and 0-60 in about 4.1 or 4.2 seconds. Granted maybe after 120mph the M5 will pull away the race is over by then. Here is a vid of a chipped RS6 on 100 octane. Having driven a chipped RS6 and a stock M5 the RS6 felt faster, SMG shifted faster but the RS6 just pulled harder. The best time i have seen for a stock M5 is 12.60 and the average is 12.90. The C5 RS6 is still a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBUVkppItc

Pictures:

Tumbo aka Audiholic
    Movie about my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4yWzwuAdQ

Beautiful pictures, where did you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by AuditudeA642 View Post
    check out the stats before you speak. There are two different chipped RS6's on the forum running 12.2 in the quarter mile and 0-60 in about 4.1 or 4.2 seconds. Granted maybe after 120mph the M5 will pull away the race is over by then. Here is a vid of a chipped RS6 on 100 octane. Having driven a chipped RS6 and a stock M5 the RS6 felt faster, SMG shifted faster but the RS6 just pulled harder. The best time i have seen for a stock M5 is 12.60 and the average is 12.90. The C5 RS6 is still a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBUVkppItc

Shall i post a video clip of a tuned Kelleners M5?

i wasnt talking about a tuned M5, im talking about a chipped RS6 vs. an M5. A chipped RS6 is faster whether you like it or not. The same way a Stage 2 335i can hold its own against an RS4, a stage 1 RS6 can hold its own against an M5. Case closed.

I never got a chance to chip RS6, as i didn't have it long enough. I am sure a chipped RS6 would give e60 M5 a run for its money up to certain (high) speeds but on an all out acceleration, i'd bet my money on M5. But i know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by AuditudeA642 View Post
    i wasnt talking about a tuned M5, im talking about a chipped RS6 vs. an M5. A chipped RS6 is faster whether you like it or not. The same way a Stage 2 335i can hold its own against an RS4, a stage 1 RS6 can hold its own against an M5. Case closed.
    I can testify to that one ... several times .....

got some really pissed of M5 drivers out there ... really pissed ...
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

People,

Stage 2 M5 from Currency Motors or G-Power will eat for breakfast any stage C5 and C6 RS6 with it's 0-200 time about 11.5 and maximum speed of 360 km/h

So, let's compare stock - it seemd to be reasonable

I am waiting to see RS6 Sedan figures against M5 one.
    Can anybody tell us something about C5 RS6 Sedan vs C5 RS6 Avant handling and cornering abilities?