Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This week in autocar(.co.uk) magazine: RS6 vs M5

This week in autocar(.co.uk) magazine: RS6 vs M5

In Belgium I don't know where to buy this magazine but I like Chris Harris' opinion most of the time. anyone who has this magazine of this week or is planning to do so? If you have a scanner: scan and drop!!

Michaël Barbé

Quote Originally Posted by Michaël Barbé View Post
    In Belgium I don't know where to buy this magazine but I like Chris Harris' opinion most of the time. anyone who has this magazine of this week or is planning to do so? If you have a scanner: scan and drop!!

Michaël Barbé
    Yes, please scan. I know the RS4 Touring got a rave review vs the E63 and M5 wagon's.
    In wet weather, I know my choice.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)

Done!

Doesn't this breach copyright law of some sort...? Anyway - if you're in the UK, go buy the magazine to lift my guilt!

I didn't have enough room to upload the files here (is it me, or are the limits really small), so I've uploaded them here:

http://cid-4e1a5ecb8134dc4d.skydrive...0RS6%20vs%20M5

I haven't scanned the two pages which basically consist of a giant photo - a jpg scan doesn't do the car justice!

Thanks for posting the article, Stan! And dry, twisty roads, too! Isn't that supposed to be where the bmw supposedly shines with it's lower weight and "driver's car" focus?
    (Did anybody else think that he was just a little too harsh on the poor bimmer, though?)

i cant see them, and cant register me. please can anyone upload them anywhere where i can see it?
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Thanks very much for scanning

looking at theese pictures of Rs6 avant and M5 touring,i became sure that the design of audi rs6 is better,it's like a tank against m5,it's not much bigger and is more agressive real battle machine.
    P.S. I prefer sedans more and for me A6 sedan is more attractive than 5 series sedan.

Just read the review.

What a fine piece of literature, but where should it be filled? Factual section or Horror.

Well that depends on whether you drive an Audi or a BMW.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Just what I thought would be the case - the Audi is clearly the faster car point-to-point over the road. Isn't that the whole *point* of a car like this??

Sorry if people are having problems with the SkyDrive files... Here are the URLs that link directly to the jpg files. If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll see if I can post a copy elsewhere...

Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5

Oh man I didn't expect the articles that fast on the forum!! many thanks!! Love to read this!

MB

Quote Originally Posted by StanYau View Post
    Sorry if people are having problems with the SkyDrive files... Here are the URLs that link directly to the jpg files. If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll see if I can post a copy elsewhere...
    Thank you for the scans!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Just read the review.

What a fine piece of literature, but where should it be filled? Factual section or Horror.

Well that depends on whether you drive an Audi or a BMW.
    It's very clear where Harris stands on the love/hate relationship with SMG. I'm pleased the Audi got a positive review but still believe that it is a case of personal preference. I've said it a million times but the E63, RS6 and M5 are all different to one another. Superior in some ways, inferior in others, but above all they're all brilliant. I knew what the RS was going to offer as the division is very accomplished and constantly improving. We're lucky to have three such classy and a powerful marques to choose from.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)

I really like the verdict of Chris Harris. He really knows what he's saying. Hopefully there will be a video on the website because I prefer moving images and hearing sounds

MB

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post

I'd file it in the "classic" section since it was brilliant.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

do i understand that right, that acceleration from a stand was identical.
    Till m5 driver missed a gear, above 60 mph

That would be disaponting for me, if 4 wheel drive car, would not be faster from standing start than a rear wheel driver car.

Hope i read it wrong..., otherwise it could be really hard to get any speed advantage over up to 200 kmh for the rs6.

Otherwise nice text

Virtually identical does not mean are identical, for all we know the expectations of Mr Harris may have been that he thought the RS6 would leave it for dead and when it only pulled 3/4 of a length at the said speed his opinion was that they were virtually identical, this may not have been the case but you see my point.

Another thing, how do you actually miss a gear in a semi-auto, still trying to figure that one out, maybe he meant the M5 it the limiter before the person driving had changed gear, it sounds the only logical answer which in any case means he/she was only slowed by say a tenth or two because of it and yet this still allowed the RS6 to 'rump off into the distance'. Yeah right, the RS6 left it because it was quicker end of story.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Hello. where've you read rs6 vs m5?on autocar.co.uk i'm not abble to read it.have you seen video yet?tell me a bit please about this comparison test.which is faster???thanks.