Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R10???? I just got a call from my dealership!

R10???? I just got a call from my dealership!

I just got a call from the manager at my Audi dealership. I have been talking to them for a while about an R8. I really love the car, but i think its down on power. In this day and age 420hp is not enough for me I had spoken to him about the R10 and the rumors that the engine from the RS6 (V10 TT) will be in the R8 and he said that he would inform me if he heard anything.

Well he calls me today and tells me that they just got a single allocation for an Audi R10 TT V10. He said they have no information on pricing or specs. But that it is confirmed that there will be an R10 and that its TT V10. He said that if i leave a $1000 deposit i would get the 1st allocation

I have definitely heard rumors and know that two V10TT R8s burned down about a year ago but nothing confirmatory that states when it will be out. For me this would be a Gallardo equivalent since I dont have a Lambo dealership locally for services but can take the R10 to my local Audi dealership. I have always loved the way the R8 looked bu was just a bit let down on the power level.

What do you guys think? I guess i dont have anything to lose by leaving a $1000 refundable deposit? I didnt know if the guy is blowing smoke up my ass or not Thanks for any inputs.

the V10 will be a 5.2 V10 FSI no turbo
    with ~525HP

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    the V10 will be a 5.2 V10 FSI no turbo
    with ~525HP
    Thats awesome. Either way. But can dealerships get allocations when there is no information even out about the car officially?

alpha. quit inhaling the grass your dealer is smoking.

there will be a non turbo V10 intro'd in sept. until then no allocations anywhere. even for us VIP order folks. i'd negotiate the deposit down to 500 bucks, refundable, with written documentation stating such AND that you are #1.

ps- don't do any of this if your dealer hasn't already delivered at least one R8. if he hasn't he won't be seeling V10s. i can assure you of that.

finally. that car will cost about 140K base. are you ready?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    alpha. quit inhaling the grass your dealer is smoking.

there will be a non turbo V10 intro'd in sept. until then no allocations anywhere. even for us VIP order folks. i'd negotiate the deposit down to 500 bucks, refundable, with written documentation stating such AND that you are #1.

ps- don't do any of this if your dealer hasn't already delivered at least one R8. if he hasn't he won't be seeling V10s. i can assure you of that.

finally. that car will cost about 140K base. are you ready?

Not inhaling anything The Jacksonville Audi has sold two R8s so far. So i am sure the delivery would not be an issue. I am not sure what "VIP order folks" is but when i pulled up to the dealership with a $110K mercedes and him knowing what I do for a living, he has no doubt that I am ready.

I will definitely make sure that i will get written documentation that I am #1 or will not be doing it. But why would he tell me that they have one allocation if they dont?

because technically he's a liar.

in all probability he will get allocations. all R8 dealers will.

but he hasn't actually gotten a written one yet, something which happens in writing after the car has been officially introduced and announced by the manufacturer.

i am the first in line for a V12 at my dealer. but if he told me he had an allocation i would not believe him, though i know damn well the car will be made in 2-3 years.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

oh--- and you're driving a benz?

yikes. def have to get you into an audi asap!

welcome to the board
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

oh--- and you're driving a benz?

yikes. def have to get you into an audi asap!

welcome to the board
    I understand. When do you think that it will be realistic that the first V10 will actually hit the streets? He said i can put an order for an R8 and would have one beginning of fall at MSRP. I was thinking about it, but i thought by then, the V10 probably would be announced and will hurt the resale value of the R8.

I am very open minded with cars. I have always had my eyes on Audi but the R8 is the first one that has interested me enough to try it out. However, I do love my CLS55. 516lb/tq at 2500rpm feels so good I have a wide taste for cars. I also have a BMW 540 for my daily driver and Supra that puts down 945whp at 35psi Here are some pics:

welcome aboard, nice car park, I bet that everybody sees you going down the strret in that Merc'...

Angry looking car... !

What wheels do you have on the CLS ?

P.S.

Get a Porsche or Audi, asap !

a little bling bling style going on, i see. not my style but cool nonetheless.

the situation is this. the V10 will be presented in paris in september 2008 and will go on sale in EU a few months later. based on a very consistent audi timeline, the first US deliveries will likely take place in in august/september of 2009. note that these are CY's not MY's.

i would not forego the V8. i've been in it when they were wringing it out evaluating some upcoming OE yoko tires at infineon. the car is violently quick. and extremely fast. given the premiums on the R8's now i would expect the resale price to be close to MSRP at the time the V10 comes out. further, unless that dealer doesn't honor it's order of wait i do not see how they could get you a car by the fall. the shortest list i've heard of has 10-12 on it. most participating dealers get 3-4 cars this year. this is a very hard car to get. very hard.

finally, you should note that the MY 2009 cars, despite no changes, are expected to go up in MSRP considerably. perhaps by as much as 5-6K. options like CF blades will go from 2K to about 5K, and so on. for this reason, i'd expect the V10 might jump up to a higher price point when it goes on sale. maybe 160K.

hope this helps. lots of people are late to the game on this one. if for some reason this dealer is assuring you an allocation for delivery in sept i wouldn't hesitate for a second. it would be ready to spec by may.

hope this helps.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

a little bling bling style going on, i see. not my style but cool nonetheless.

the situation is this. the V10 will be presented in paris in september 2008 and will go on sale in EU a few months later. based on a very consistent audi timeline, the first US deliveries will likely take place in in august/september of 2009. note that these are CY's not MY's.

i would not forego the V8. i've been in it when they were wringing it out evaluating some upcoming OE yoko tires at infineon. the car is violently quick. and extremely fast. given the premiums on the R8's now i would expect the resale price to be close to MSRP at the time the V10 comes out. further, unless that dealer doesn't honor it's order of wait i do not see how they could get you a car by the fall. the shortest list i've heard of has 10-12 on it. most participating dealers get 3-4 cars this year. this is a very hard car to get. very hard.

finally, you should note that the MY 2009 cars, despite no changes, are expected to go up in MSRP considerably. perhaps by as much as 5-6K. options like CF blades will go from 2K to about 5K, and so on. for this reason, i'd expect the V10 might jump up to a higher price point when it goes on sale. maybe 160K.

hope this helps. lots of people are late to the game on this one. if for some reason this dealer is assuring you an allocation for delivery in sept i wouldn't hesitate for a second. it would be ready to spec by may.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate the help. I might have to buy an R8 then Can you explain what is CY and MY? Also, if i do decide to go with an R8, which options should i go with to make sure that its desirable when its time to sell. I personally like manual vs. auto/dsg whatever they call it. But i am not sure which would sell better. Also any other option i should consider? Thanks.

MY - Model Year
    CY - Calendar Year

Auto' gearbox for R8 is called R - tronic and it is diferent from Tiptronic and S- tronic (DSG)

Can you please tell me what wheels you have on the CLS... ?

THX !

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    MY - Model Year
    CY - Calendar Year

Auto' gearbox for R8 is called R - tronic and it is diferent from Tiptronic and S- tronic (DSG)

Can you please tell me what wheels you have on the CLS... ?

THX !

Thanks for the info. Is the Rtronic pretty much an automatic transmission or is it like the BMW transmissions where its manual that is shifted automatically? Which would be more desirable the Rtronic or the manual?

Whe wheel on the CLS are the Lowenhart LSRs 20" with black centers

R - tronic is same thing Lambo' Gallardo has, and if I'm not wrong, I'm sure that somebody will correct me if I'm making a mistake, it is closest to BMW SMG or Ferrari F1 gear box, so basicly, it is manual with electric clutch and robotised gear change...

But, than again, it is better to ask some of the members here that own R8..., I now that T-Mike has it with R - tronic, and he loves the gearbox...

P.S.

Thanks for the info on wheels...

alpha-

the r-tronic is an auto manual box. exactly the same category as ferrari's, bmw's, lambo's, maserati's. nuff said.

as far as options for resale- personally, on cars of this caliber such thinking is irrelevant. you reserve that kind of thinking for hondas. at this level of spending one specs regardless of that kind of concern. that being said, if it is crucial economically then the best choice is white or silver or black ext with the nav and conv pack options. and choose black inside. finally, you won't have a tough time selling a used R8 for the next 2 years unless it is in terrible shape or you've painted it fuschia.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Big Question. did "alpha" mean with R10 a R8 10cylinder? or does he mean a new supercar above the R8, named R10?
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

R8 V10 will not be there before the new Gallardo (Jeremy Clarkson).

But then he also said (in Supercar Showdown if I'm not mistaking) the R8 will never have the V10 of the Gallardo

Ps: like the CLS! An open minded guy like you has to have: R8 V10, CLS 65 amg (or 63) and M5 and maybe GT-R in replacement of the (sorry to say) ugly Supra!

But: DAMN you got one hell of a house!!!

MB

aaaah fantasies. the realm of the dreamer.

if i had three cars to park in my driveway-

R8
    S6
    Ranger Rover Sport
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10