Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R10???? I just got a call from my dealership!

If I had to choose three cars instead of the ones I currently have then I reckon my choice would be.........
    Audi R8 (there maybe quicker but none as classy or as capable at everything)
    Audi RS6Avant (what better way to transport the family including the dog)
    Audi Quattro Sport (well who wouldn't want one of those)
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaël Barbé View Post
    R8 V10 will not be there before the new Gallardo (Jeremy Clarkson).

But then he also said (in Supercar Showdown if I'm not mistaking) the R8 will never have the V10 of the Gallardo

Ps: like the CLS! An open minded guy like you has to have: R8 V10, CLS 65 amg (or 63) and M5 and maybe GT-R in replacement of the (sorry to say) ugly Supra!

But: DAMN you got one hell of a house!!!

MB
    Thank you for the compliments. However, there is no CLS65. There is a CLS63 but its a N/A and actually feels slower to me. I love the supercharged V8. Having 516ft/lb tq available at 2500rpm feels so good

I would get the M5, but i hate the new 5 series looks. And I am saying that being a BMW fanatic. I love my E39 540, so another 5-series doesnt make sense.

And i think this is the first time i have ever heard the MKIV Supra being referred to as "ugly." And with 900+whp, it just about kills 99.99% of everything it has come across with.

My good friend that has an McLaren SLR along with a Murci has gotten it handed to him a multiple times. The guy doesnt know anything about the aftermarket or japanese import scene. When i told him that I have a supra that makes 900 whp, he laughed and thought i was joking. He wanted to know if it could take on his Murci or SLR. I said bring it on. Needless to say, his jaw was on the floor when i had bus lengths on him. Here are some pics when he brought the Murci over. What a beautiful car.

Before everybody starts saying that they would take the Murci, blah blah. I would too. I would take the Murci or SLR over my Supra as well. But the bottom line is that, in performance those $300K cars got wasted.

Well today the owner of the dealership brought his personal R8 to the dealership for me to see and get in The car looks beautiful in person. He had all the options, including Rtronic, navigation, Bang & Olufson stereo system, etc etc. The cars exhaust sounds wonderful, however i would like it to be more aggressive.

I put a deposit down, and i got a paper from the dealership promising the #1 spot for the 1st R10 to come to Jacksonville, FL They did state that there is no official allocation. But i have an official order form and the general mananger and owner of the dealership signed and clearly state on there that I would have the #1 spot for the R8 V10/R10 in Jacksonville, FL. I am super excited. Here are some pics.

The owner of the dealership who owns the R8 said that he might sell his in the next 4-5months and if i was interested he would call me first for the purchase. They are saying that the V10 will be at least 12-16months before away

A to much in your face color IMHO.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    A to much in your face color IMHO.

Jarod.
    To each his own. But I wouldnt be driving that car if i wanted to go un-noticed. Hell i wish there were more skittle colors available such as the Lambos

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6164 View Post
    To each his own. But I wouldnt be driving that car if i wanted to go un-noticed. Hell i wish there were more skittle colors available such as the Lambos
    To be honest i dont think an Audi really seems like your type of car.

You have 3 loudly modified cars, and this style of modding is something Audi drivers pretty much 95% of the time keep away from as they value the fact that Audi employ people and pay them 100,000's a year to design good looking cars, so its not a good idea to ruin them with stick on bumpers, spoilers and exhausts.

You dont have to be a genius to discover Audi will launch a new engined version of the R8 within the next year or so. Rumours are it'll be a V10. This information is pretty solid, your dealer isn't taking much of a risk by telling you this. You would be pretty dumb to give him $1000 of your money for him to gain interest on for a year before you actually garentee your order. Even still you will not get the first R10 in the US as many who ordered had their orders bumped back due to demand from VIP's and so on, this means he has your money even longer!

My advice would be to keep your money, do a bit more shopping around, if when the R10 finally shows up, and your still interested and your able to actually spec your car, then put a deposit down.

PS - Supra

Quote Originally Posted by +44 Dave View Post
    To be honest i dont think an Audi really seems like your type of car.

You have 3 loudly modified cars, and this style of modding is something Audi drivers pretty much 95% of the time keep away from as they value the fact that Audi employ people and pay them 100,000's a year to design good looking cars, so its not a good idea to ruin them with stick on bumpers, spoilers and exhausts.

You dont have to be a genius to discover Audi will launch a new engined version of the R8 within the next year or so. Rumours are it'll be a V10. This information is pretty solid, your dealer isn't taking much of a risk by telling you this. You would be pretty dumb to give him $1000 of your money for him to gain interest on for a year before you actually garentee your order. Even still you will not get the first R10 in the US as many who ordered had their orders bumped back due to demand from VIP's and so on, this means he has your money even longer!

My advice would be to keep your money, do a bit more shopping around, if when the R10 finally shows up, and your still interested and your able to actually spec your car, then put a deposit down.

PS - Supra

I am not sure even where to start. I do appreciate some of the comments or advices. But i think you are way off on some things. None of my cars have "stick on bumbers, exhausts etc etc." Everything that has been done to the Mercedes, BMW and the Supra has been done by well known tuners, parts. And honestly i have seen more Audi S4s that have been modified to hell.

The comment of Audi owners not liking mods is goes for BMWs, MB and all other top manufacturers. The bottom line is that 99% of cars sold probably go unmodded. If you looked total number of MBs, BMWs, you will see that most of them are driven unmodified. There are a select few that always want customization and improvement in handling, exhaust note etc. The R8 is one of the few cars i have seen that I probably would not touch a thing except maybe some wheels. I like everything about the car.

Also, my dealer never said that I will get the first R10 in USA. They just guaranteed that i would get the 1st one sold in that dealership since they are an R8 certified dealer. I really dont care about a $1000. I am not going to miss it one bit. By the time the R10 comes out and ready for me to spec, there will be other people on the list and i will have to just wait that much longer. And the deposit is 100% refundable so i have nothing to lose.

And the comment about the supra does not bother me For a comment such as yours, i have gotten a 100 positive ones

hey alpha- i am sure dave didn't mean any harm. the most amazing thing about rs6.com is the extremely high percentage of accurate info about new audis and the assurance that when you hear about it in the english speaking world- it'll come from here first before it gets disseminated elsewhere. this forte is tempered by the different semantics the members use in this international forum. in general, people are very honest and very polite, it is just that the well intended, sincere posts can sometime be misconstrued by others because of the way the english is written (UK and US styles of expression can vary remarkably at times).

i think it is awesome you're interested in the R8, the most amazing machine to have been presented this year (and in many). now that you've clarified your position in line in jax you should be set. the way things work here in the US, that IS the way to do the business of being first in line, etc... some dealers will ask for 0 down up to 10K for a written guarantee of number in line. the most gentlemanly course is to be asked to give 500 (which is what i've given for the V10 (#2 place) and V12 (#1 place) by a dealership. 1000 is reasonable. and you won't be out of it for long since the V10 will go into production by late fall, it seems.

i say go for it! mod it to make it yours and who cares! you don't have to care that anyone likes how you mod it (as long as you don't so something in taste- . just care enough to post pics when you get it and be in touch with others of us who share your enthusiasm for the car!

btw- i pick up mine in about 2 months. you're welcome to come down and check it out. it will be silver. manual.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post

btw- i pick up mine in about 2 months. you're welcome to come down and check it out. it will be silver. manual.
    You are talking about a V8 R8, right? I mean, there is no V10 available from what I know, not in 2 months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i say go for it! mod it to make it yours and who cares! you don't have to care that anyone likes how you mod it (as long as you don't so something in taste- . just care enough to post pics when you get it and be in touch with others of us who share your enthusiasm for the car!

Thanks for the words. I just realized you are so close to me. I come down or orlando regularly. I will definitely keep in touch and make sure to contact you after you get your R8

Quote Originally Posted by raulg View Post
    You are talking about a V8 R8, right? I mean, there is no V10 available from what I know, not in 2 months anyway.
    of course. 8 cyl. that is the only kind of R8 one can buy these days!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Alpha - your car selections are AWESOME!! I can truly understand where you are coming from. I too am a previous owner of a BMW 540i Sport, and also there is nothing overbearing about ANY of your rides...to each his own!
    I understand the criticism as a previous owner of the '03 Imola Yellow RS6, lots of people snubbed at the color/size combo, yet in the 4 years that I owned that car, people were forever chasing me and taking pictures!
    BTW, I recently picked up my R8 this past Monday...same color as the one you looked at, except 6 speed and with CF Side blades. Love the car!! Would agree the tone is really nice, but could be alittle more agressive. You wont be disappointed even though V8 and rated at 420hp. From my brief runs so far, definitely not the RS4!! (Had one last year). Hope your wait wont be too long!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YlwBeast View Post
    Alpha - your car selections are AWESOME!! I can truly understand where you are coming from. I too am a previous owner of a BMW 540i Sport, and also there is nothing overbearing about ANY of your rides...to each his own!
    I understand the criticism as a previous owner of the '03 Imola Yellow RS6, lots of people snubbed at the color/size combo, yet in the 4 years that I owned that car, people were forever chasing me and taking pictures!
    BTW, I recently picked up my R8 this past Monday...same color as the one you looked at, except 6 speed and with CF Side blades. Love the car!! Would agree the tone is really nice, but could be alittle more agressive. You wont be disappointed even though V8 and rated at 420hp. From my brief runs so far, definitely not the RS4!! (Had one last year). Hope your wait wont be too long!!!
    Thank you for the compliments. In my opinion, the red with CF blade is the best color. I am waiting to see what colors R10 will come with and if there are any other special colors that can be ordered.

Kinda biased myself and think the red w CF blade looks way better in person, only wished Audi had created a different 'red' to distinguish from red found on A4, A6, TT etc., maybe something with a pearl tint. Also, as exclusive as the car is, sure sould be nice if Audi had made available some of the 'exclusive' options - stitching (in steering wheel, seats, door) to match the color (red).
    ---forgot to mention...can't wait to see some true dyno results of what the car is actually producing cause the power feels significantly different to the RS4. Will have to check the weight difference etc.
    Not sure if you know, but for the record, though the order guide lists some 6 colors, all colors on the Audi palette are fair game. The color that I'd like to see is the Suzuka Pearl effect.

PS just some small observtions--my '07 Q7 has push button start, the R8 doesn't?...per tech at dealership something about ignition on this car is different; all '06 or newer Audis have LCD display in msg display portion of instrument cluster, yet in the R8, it is ALL red...similar to previous gen displays like '03 RS6? Things that make you go Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by YlwBeast View Post
    Kinda biased myself and think the red w CF blade looks way better in person, only wished Audi had created a different 'red' to distinguish from red found on A4, A6, TT etc., maybe something with a pearl tint. Also, as exclusive as the car is, sure sould be nice if Audi had made available some of the 'exclusive' options - stitching (in steering wheel, seats, door) to match the color (red).
    ---forgot to mention...can't wait to see some true dyno results of what the car is actually producing cause the power feels significantly different to the RS4. Will have to check the weight difference etc.
    Not sure if you know, but for the record, though the order guide lists some 6 colors, all colors on the Audi palette are fair game. The color that I'd like to see is the Suzuka Pearl effect.

PS just some small observtions--my '07 Q7 has push button start, the R8 doesn't?...per tech at dealership something about ignition on this car is different; all '06 or newer Audis have LCD display in msg display portion of instrument cluster, yet in the R8, it is ALL red...similar to previous gen displays like '03 RS6? Things that make you go Hmm?

Thats good to know. I am hoping since the R10 will be their premier setup that they might add some of those goodies like the colored stichings etc. I guess i will also have to wait to see if any other colors are offered. I wound not mind like a lambo yellow or one of the nice blues that Audi offers. I have seen a blue on some Audis that are very similar to what came on the BMW M5 called Lemans Blue. I think that with the Cf blade will look awesome. Oh, i found the blue i was talking about:

What I have heard, and anyone may correct me to the contrary, is that since the R8 V8 is selling so well and the demand is so high globally, Audi will not rush to release the R8 V10 anytime soon. I would bet maybe end of 2009 before you can start dreaming of a R8 V10. The reason is Audi does not want to upset its R8 V8 customers. Understandable from a brand loyality goal of Audi. Plus, you have to think of the residual values of used R8s would drop if you released the R8 V10 too soon.

PS>Alpha6164, very nice rides and welcome to the Audi family (or soon to be). As someone told me once during a Sears Point track event, once you've experienced Audi, BMW and MB are anti-climatic.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    What I have heard, and anyone may correct me to the contrary, is that since the R8 V8 is selling so well and the demand is so high globally, Audi will not rush to release the R8 V10 anytime soon. I would bet maybe end of 2009 before you can start dreaming of a R8 V10. The reason is Audi does not want to upset its R8 V8 customers. Understandable from a brand loyality goal of Audi. Plus, you have to think of the residual values of used R8s would drop if you released the R8 V10 too soon.

PS>Alpha6164, very nice rides and welcome to the Audi family (or soon to be). As someone told me once during a Sears Point track event, once you've experienced Audi, BMW and MB are anti-climatic.

Thanks for the compliment. But i hope you are wrong about the R10 timeline. The way i look at it is that the R10 will not particularly hurt R8s sales since they are both in demand and that the R10 will be at least $20-30K more MSRP and god knows how much on the aftermarket. To me, it would be saying that the 997TT hurts the 997 S sales. I think the demand/price and exclusivity of the R10 will make it even less accessible.

I guess we just have to wait and see

I don't think that Audi will change name to R10...