Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just collected the S5.

Nice Car. Awesome Color Leadie!!!

congratulations leadfoot. sprint blue is a gorgeous color, especially in not-so-sunny areas. cameras can rarely collect its entire beauty in one shot. it has to be seen to be believed, especially at dusk. with those LEDs on you'll be a hit at that time of day (any time really).

i wish i had a backyard with something like an old building of some sort. just lends an air of elegance to the place. nothing like the old world.

enjoy it in good health. that car should be a keeper at least until the RS5 comes out in about 1.5 yrs....
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    At the time the order is on hold until I see how the market is. With the way prices are jumping at a stead rate I reckon selling a car could be difficult and putting £50K+ in a car might not be the wisest decision to make.

But if I do decide to go for one I think white will be my choice.
    You are definately on to something there.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    congratulations leadfoot. sprint blue is a gorgeous color, especially in not-so-sunny areas. cameras can rarely collect its entire beauty in one shot. it has to be seen to be believed, especially at dusk. with those LEDs on you'll be a hit at that time of day (any time really).

i wish i had a backyard with something like an old building of some sort. just lends an air of elegance to the place. nothing like the old world.

enjoy it in good health. that car should be a keeper at least until the RS5 comes out in about 1.5 yrs....
    Sadly all that elegance came at a price because buying a decent site in the country isn't cheap and garden takes two f'ing hours to cut, even with a ride-on lawnmover. I wonder how I can get a V8 in that and a set of LED lights.

My intention is to rebuild the outbuildings and turn them into a summer house for one and an art studio for myself with the other.

P.S.
    I don't see myself getting the RS5 unless economically things change for the better in the next year or so, but I do see myself in the TT/RS, that thing is right up my alley.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Congratulations mate, awesome colour! The last time i was here you had placed an order for her. I bet the wait wasn't difficult. I have only been back in Sydney for a few days now & lost count of the number of S5’s I have seen on the road. I can never tire of seeing this car, absolutely gorgeous yet so masculine.
    Speaking of the TT RS, there are a ridiculous amount of TT’s on the roads as well. When i left Sydney every car was a BMW now it’s an Audi. I even saw an R8 the other day.

Tried the S5 from 0-60mph and 0-100 to see how much quicker it was to the S4. Now remember it with a stopwatch so these figures may be off slightly and it's from the speedo reading. I will need to check it accuracy out against the wife Garman.

Anyway, 4.7s and 11.4s. I was well impressed.

Audi Australia claims that 0-100KM is done in 5.1 so your figures are consistent with their claims. How much mileage have you done so far? Can u feel that the engine has opened up or is it still tight?

BTW, I read the joke you posted about the family of prostitutes.

Believe or not, the car is still quite tight, it's only got 3300 miles on it and based on my S4 it took closer to 9000 miles before the beast within was fully released. I'm expecting this car to be the same at which point I intend to seek out an M3 or two.

Just make sure it isn’t a rolling start race.