Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just collected the S5.

Just collected the S5.

Hi guys,

Just collected the S5 from the dealers today, the car is WAY better than I could have hoped for, it drives like a dream and it's quality is way ahead of the old S4 which I might add was just perfect. It feels a bit stronger than the mere 10Hp increase that Audi are claiming, me thinks this is the torque coming into play.

The ride is quite firm, more than I remembered but in a good way and never harsh. I love the way 'Cruise Control' now works, when you push it up to increase the speed it shows on the centre display to inform you what it will increase to (1 push = 1 mph), that's neat.

From a in-car stereo back ground the B&O is living up to the hype afforded to it, the quality and clarity of sound is truly amazing when you consider the price, BMW's HK system isn't even close to this and I might add cost even more. I must have option for anyone remotely interested in their music.

P.S. As I was late getting home haven't had time to take photos but promise to do so tomorrow and post them.

P.S.2 The colour is mint, apart from a R8 I doubt there would be a car that would turn as many heads.

P.S.3 Did I say I was impressed with the car.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Congrats!
    and true, it does turn heads
    I was with my uncle and every where we go people are looking and pointing

Very pleased for you. Looking forward to the pics. Interested to hear about the B&O as I'm considering that for the RS6.

Congrats Leadie.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Very pleased for you. Looking forward to the pics. Interested to hear about the B&O as I'm considering that for the RS6.

Congrats Leadie.
    Mate the B&O is very impressive and knowing as I do how much you normally have to spend to achieve similar quality (not quantity) this system is a real bargain. I had the Bose system in the Q7 and it too was impressive but it should be because of the sheer size of interior space, more space equals fuller deeper sounds and usually better placement but the S5's B&O system is even more precise with the placement of instruments and has almost as deep of sounds.

I can't think of a system out there at the moment which comes close to equalling this quality at the price, Lexus is better but then you are paying a hack of a lot more for the pleasure.

Congrats Leadie

What a great car. And i must admit, after seeing Tommy@Rival's Sprint blue, i really think it looks sick. The color must also take a bit of the "blame" for the attention, i guess. Black/silver would have been a bit more neutral.

Did you btw go for red or black leather seats, and CF trim? 19" stock wheels?

Can't wait for pic's. Please take some of your interior too .

Regards.
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

What can I say, big congratulations! Nice to hear that you enjoy the new ride, can't wait for some pics!

Great to hear about the B&O, must be neat!

Finaly your wait is over

Enjoy your new S5 and don't get too attached, otherwise the "parting" for the M3 might be in danger - just kidding

This car IS phenomenal

By the way - the S5 "plays fine music" without the audio on as well. I loved it.

cheers
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post

Congrats Leadie.
    is it possible to order B&O for the RS6? I thought that they don't offer for the A6 - B&O ... just BOSE?

but could be that i'm wrong...?!

@Leadie...

Congrats, really a wonderful car - i drove it - just for 1 hour - but that was enough
    Lot's of fun...

Looking forward to see the pics

Congrats!

We all are awaiting for the photo report ;-)))

Congrats Leadie! Looking forward to pics when you get a chance.

Best,

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Pics / Photos / Images / jpg's / Videos

Comon man!!
    Get out and drive

I hope you'll have a lot of fun with that new baby!

Congrats.... and don't forget the pics... it's been almost seven hours since you posted your first comments. What are you waiting for

Well, sorry, patience has never been very long when it comes to cars

Cheers!

Congrats Leadfoot! The Sprint Blue is a real stunner...so many looks!!

Ahh the long wait finaly ended...

Congrats Leadie! Show us some pics ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Hi guys,

Just collected the S5 from the dealers today, the car is WAY better than I could have hoped for, it drives like a dream and it's quality is way ahead of the old S4 which I might add was just perfect. It feels a bit stronger than the mere 10Hp increase that Audi are claiming, me thinks this is the torque coming into play.

The ride is quite firm, more than I remembered but in a good way and never harsh. I love the way 'Cruise Control' now works, when you push it up to increase the speed it shows on the centre display to inform you what it will increase to (1 push = 1 mph), that's neat.

From a in-car stereo back ground the B&O is living up to the hype afforded to it, the quality and clarity of sound is truly amazing when you consider the price, BMW's HK system isn't even close to this and I might add cost even more. I must have option for anyone remotely interested in their music.

P.S. As I was late getting home haven't had time to take photos but promise to do so tomorrow and post them.

P.S.2 The colour is mint, apart from a R8 I doubt there would be a car that would turn as many heads.

P.S.3 Did I say I was impressed with the car.

Leadie,

Congrats mate! S5 is excellent car-you know my opinion.
    Enjoy it!

Regarding B&O Sound system sorry to say but, there is something better-Individual Sound system for BMW M3. I tried it few days ago and IMHO it is way better then B&O in S5. Not a small thing since B&O in S5 is a very good system. But, as a audiophile(with home system more expensive then your S5) I can honestly say that Individual system in M3 is better(and for €2100 it must be better!)...

KersoF1,

Remember I did say for the money there was nothing that came close, in the UK the S5 B&O system costs roughly a third of the M3 system you are mentioning.

P.S.

I am interested in your home system though as a fan of home audio as much as car I would love to here your combination, is it purely stereo or is there a home theatre setup in there as well. The best home theatre I have heard to date is a McIntosh system costing in excess of a £200,000, extreme YES, impressive YESSSSSSSSS.

Anyway here's some photos I took last night, will post more today.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...d/DSC00009.jpg
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...d/DSC00007.jpg
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...d/DSC00006.jpg
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...d/DSC00005.jpg

Congrats....very nice.
    Truth In The Blacklist

I looooove the carbon trim - great interiour
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net