Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just collected the S5.

The new M3 does nothing to me, nothing special IMHO.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

I can't comment on KersoF1's opinion as he has driven the systems in a car and I haven't. I can understand what he is saying about dynamic steering because if it's remotely similar to BMW's system then it will be awful but I was under the impression that the Audi system placed corrective steer when a slide happens or was about to happen which I believe is different to the BMW system. Throttle adjustments are something I can't get my head around, why offer a different setting? I don't agree that the suspension option is a waste as based on my experience of the M3's setup I see the point for having a soft setup and a more sporty one, unless Audi have made a balls up I would definitely tick that box.

I think what we have here when the whole package is picked is an equavilant setup to what BMW offer with their M button. You basically customise you car to the way you want it to behave.

Won't know if it works until I try it.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    The new M3 does nothing to me, nothing special IMHO.

Jarod.
    And you have driven/tested it extensively? Also is it performance or looks that don't apeal to you?

So Leadie, will the M3 be in your driveway anytime soon or Audi all the way? By the way - Nice write up

Quote Originally Posted by Rutkowsky View Post
    So Leadie, will the M3 be in your driveway anytime soon or Audi all the way? By the way - Nice write up
    Well you will have to wait and see just like the rest of them.

But even if I do change, my name is already down for the first RS5 to hit the dealer's showroom so it will be short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutkowsky View Post
    And you have driven/tested it extensively? Also is it performance or looks that don't apeal to you?
    No i have not driven/tested it, why drive/test a car that does nothing to me, it's a pure waste of time.
    The Nissan GT-R is a different story though.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    No i have not driven/tested it, why drive/test a car that does nothing to me, it's a pure waste of time.
    The Nissan GT-R is a different story though.

Jarod.
    I understand why you like the idea of the GTR, it's a technical master piece, but I do think that there is lots to like about the new M3, it's not your typical M product in so far as this time round the thing drives like a polished product when not being thrashed and is bloody great when it is. I know I have said this before but you really do have to hear that engine as it approaches the 8000rpm because it does have something special going on, the RS4 up to 5000rpm is the more musical but after this point the M3 steals the show.

Compared to either the RS4 and even more so the GTR it's got a more old school appeal what with it's rwd setup but in conjunction with the M-diff and M-dynamic mode there is enough techno wizardry going on to keep most people wondering how does it do that and get away with it.

Even if you does like the product/brand I recommend always trying the competition if only to see if the brand you prefer is still up to scratch.

How do you think the M3's build quality (overall fit and finish, interior etc.) stacked up against that of your S5? This is one area where Audi have the upper hand on BMW right across the range IMO. I also think the paint quality is inferior; the new black M3 I sat in recently had terrible 'orange peel'.
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Mockenrue View Post
    How do you think the M3's build quality (overall fit and finish, interior etc.) stacked up against that of your S5? This is one area where Audi have the upper hand on BMW right across the range IMO. I also think the paint quality is inferior; the new black M3 I sat in recently had terrible 'orange peel'.
    On both the actual fit/materials and the paint finish I would agree that Audi is better on both counts. Though I am unsure if Audi and any more reliable than BMW, from my experience I have had problems with both brands.

How were the past months? Big smile on your face huh

I am dying to see more pictures of this masterpiece!
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    How were the past months? Big smile on your face huh

I am dying to see more pictures of this masterpiece!
    It's meant to be good weather tomorrow so I'll wash the car and get a few nice shots run off. Though it will be Monday when I get back to the office before I can upload the pics.

I will keep the photos from a distance as it needs a polish and it's flanks are covered in tar, I'm just to bone lazy for not polishing the thing sooner. :blush:

P.S.
    The car is starting to loosen up and starting to really fly. I can't believe just how much quicker it feels to that of the S4.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    It's meant to be good weather tomorrow so I'll wash the car and get a few nice shots run off. Though it will be Monday when I get back to the office before I can upload the pics.

I will keep the photos from a distance as it needs a polish and it's flanks are covered in tar, I'm just to bone lazy for not polishing the thing sooner. :blush:

P.S.
    The car is starting to loosen up and starting to really fly. I can't believe just how much quicker it feels to that of the S4.

Great to hear you're enjoying, but hadn't expected anything else to be frank

Looking forward to the pics!
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    Great to hear you're enjoying, but hadn't expected anything else to be frank

Looking forward to the pics!
    Sorry for the delay but as yesterday was a bank holiday I chose to sit in the back garden and sun myself. Anyway here the photos as required.

P.S.
    The best Audi I have every owned so far and the improvement to the chassis are a definite bonus to both the handling and more importantly the ride.

Leadie that looks bloody brilliant. Pics dont do it justice. The S5 looks so good on the road, I love it's low/wide stance. It has much more class than most coupes out today and has presence equal to the M3 (yes the M3). Bring on the RS5
    HKS786

Is this more like how it looked in real life?

From what I remember of sprint blue, I think this is more like it

Rick,

You are correct it is bluer than my photos, they were a bit of a disappointment when I downloaded them but it's a shitie camera phone and I didn't have a photoshop package on the computer which had the connection to the phone, so what can I say, shot me.

Not blowing my own trumpet but Sprint Blue on a bright sunny day is the ultimate colour for any car.

So what colour you getting on the M3 Leadie? If you're into blues maybe Interlagos Blue would have been the one for you. I like AW, IB, SG and SSII. I think I'd take Silverstone II over the rest
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    So what colour you getting on the M3 Leadie? If you're into blues maybe Interlagos Blue would have been the one for you. I like AW, IB, SG and SSII. I think I'd take Silverstone II over the rest
    At the time the order is on hold until I see how the market is. With the way prices are jumping at a stead rate I reckon selling a car could be difficult and putting £50K+ in a car might not be the wisest decision to make.

But if I do decide to go for one I think white will be my choice.