Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Quality Wheels

Top Quality Wheels

Can members please list their opinions on top quality wheels availaible for purchase. I know some companies are worth top dollar but only a few... and when I decide to pop some new shoes on my RS I'd like some world wide help

I'll start with
    *HRE*
    simply because they are proven and sexy

-Alan

{Posted this on the VAG forum, but im not sure if it was the best idea. RS6 enthusiasts will have the right ideas anyway :P. May be we can compare ideas in the end}

There're quite a few threads talking about rims, that carbon fiber 360 set aren't too bad. The Hartmanns look pretty good, kind of like a sexed up OEMs.

Yeah I really think I might need to "invest" in those CF Five spoke's on the 360 website. Beautiful.

Is 360 a new company, they remind me of &SWISS, I'm thinking they could have come out around the same time.

Not sure, 360 are indeed beautiful wheels but man, I don't know about carbon fiber rims esp. for a car as heavy as the RS6.

Others have used Champion, Stasis, Kinesis or Rays (I think three of those come from the same manufacturer). A good wheel can be procured from Fikse, but you have to supply the wheel specs. These are all forged lightweight wheels, not the bling crap that so often passes for high quality. Educate yourself before you purchase. There are a a lot of mediocre wheels out there.
    Jet Black/Imola Red, No Sunroof, Ground Control Everything, Magnesium BBS, a/d/s amp/speakers
    1993 Ford F250
    250k miles, 460ci, lots of scratches and dents, hauls anything and starts everytime

Slightly off topic but Ibis, since you're a local guy, want to join us for the julian run next weekend? A few of us local guys are getting together, Richard's coming out in his awesome S6, the more the merrier if you're interested.

check this out:

http://www.b-b-motorsport.de/veredel...udi.html#a6rs6
    you find some manufacturer on the left under "Felgen" (eng. rims)

examples:
    20" BBS Le Mans

20" RS4 B7

20" OZ Titan

19" RH Crossline

brands:
    BBS
    www.bbs.com
    RH
    http://www.rh-alurad.de/?gclid=COPOu...FR9paAod5EgH0g
    Schmidt
    http://www.schweiger-carparts.de/schmidt.htm
    check through the brands here:
    http://www.schweiger-carparts.de/oz.htm
    Vorsprung durch Technik

These are pretty hot.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    These are pretty hot.
    here are some more pics you might enjoy:
    http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14260
    Vorsprung durch Technik

i traded in my bbs rsgts for the three sixty forged five spoke and i love the look as well as the manufacturing.these guys study every detail of ur car and dont leave anything out.these wheels will be as one with ur car they look like a piece of the car when they are finished.they take advantage of every aspect of the performance of the car as well as the look.like the wheel well will be full they use up every inch of it instead of a one piece wheel that is alot heavier as well as not as precisionly built like the five spoke forged by three sixty.i have looked at alot of wheels for the last 6 months and studied and spoke to the manufactures of hre,kenisis,oetigger,oz,mtm,and the list goes on and on and after 6 months of studying and comparing i went with the 20 lb ,19 inch three sixty forged 5 spoke with brushed aluminum ans the chrome outter lip and it looks like it is a piece of the car.it looks like one.the wheel matches the aluminum mirrors on the rs6 perfectly without any difference at all visible to the eye.and to know that these wheels were measured precisely,and made to fit all of the weight distributions factors and just made to fit my car precisely and my car only it feels good to know that they are made just for my beast.definatly give these guys a call and talk to them and decide if they are what u have in mind.the wheels allow u to show off them big brembo rotors and calipers instead of hiding them like most wheels do.i couldnt be happier with the wheels that i chose.and if u really want to sauce things up a bit they will paint the wheels or even put some carbon fibre finishes on the wheels as well.and the wheels will handle the weight of the heavy frame also.believe me these guys take every feature of ur car into consideration before they even start building the centers of these wheels.u will be very pleased.i havent got my car back yet but when i do i will post some pics and show u guys what it is that i am sooo proud of.think about it and make ur decision well cause in the end it is u and only u that has to be satisfied with the look and feel of ur car.

p.s i chose these wheels after i had already ordered the same exact wheels that are on the 2008 audi r8.and they were about a half a pound heavier as well as 8 hundres dollars more expensive.and they are a one piece wheel as well.i like the fact that if u bend an outter lip that u dont have to buy a whole wheel.very seldome does a person have to buy a whole wheel when a wheel gets damaged.and if i were u i would have an xtra wheel made so that if u need it it is there.and my experience with the bi moto by mtm is a great wheel but they weigh 39 pounds each which is very heavy and i was looking to shave weight but when u think about it our 2003 rs6s weigh in about 4300 lbs when full of gas so what is another 100 lbs with heavier wheels??so make ur choice and only worry about ur own satisfaction not anyone elses.

http://www.kahndesign.com/

Look at this...

as said before, great company. Didn't know Astons could be made more beautiful...

here three shots from their gallery of an awesome looking Audi RS6:

@AndyBG

correct me if I'm wrong, but the Kahn RS-X remind me of some alloys you could design on your own. I once saw in report, that a company is offering the possibility to design his own rims in the same style. You get a flat disk and then let your imagination create something unique and they proof if it is static. Is that the same brand? It looks just like that scheme.
    Thx anyway
    Last edited by itisme; January 15th, 2008 at 00:43.
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Damn, those are pretty.

BBS RS-GT's

For the price I don't think you can beat BBS wheels for Forged. This is not the best of pics but here are some 19's on my car. MGH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 wheels.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	6081  

Quote Originally Posted by itisme View Post
    @AndyBG

correct me if I'm wrong, but the Kahn RS-X remind me of some alloys you could design on your own. I once saw in report, that a company is offering the possibility to design his own rims in the same style. You get a flat disk and then let your imagination create something unique and they proof if it is static. Is that the same brand? It looks just like that scheme.
    Thx anyway
    I think that's correct, but I can't confirm you that...

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    For the price I don't think you can beat BBS wheels for Forged. This is not the best of pics but here are some 19's on my car. MGH
    Hey, great looking car !

the rennworx RSLs are my current object of desire.
    you know, amoung the other 50 things I wanna put on/do to my beast

i think this look is really nicee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6logo.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	6089