Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi R8 TDI V12 Concept

Audi R8 TDI V12 Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13-DTwoh2RQ

Yeah, I can ask now-who was first?!

super TDI! let's wait more specs and info about. Grazie Kreso!

What an amazing concept! that looks great! It's amazing how I thought the R8 couldnt look much better in it's present body but yep Audi have done it again!
    HKS786

Well done for being first with the video.

It's a shame that you aren't a fan of this car as I do reckon it will be a crowning moment for Audi and their engineering skills.

P.S.

By the way, the rised spoiler and aerodynamic aids are required as this will be the quickest R8 for the forseeable future. It will be the first Audi to break the 200mph barrier.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Well done for being first with the video.

It's a shame that you aren't a fan of this car as I do reckon it will be a crowning moment for Audi and their engineering skills.
    Leadie,

I have Press info about this Concept and I changed my mind. I like it now when all the fact are known... BTW, I learned few things about forthcoming R8 V10 as well. Keep posted-when I return beck from my Neckarsul visit(21.-23. January) I will post more info here(about R8 V10)...

(from video)
    HKS786

One mean looking motha-effer. That hoodscoop air intake is insane. I bet all the air from the blade-scoops is needed for the intercoolers. They really need to build this.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Priceless!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Something doesn't look right, guess I'm used to the current R8, the front/rear side grills looks out of proportion.

damn you Tanner! you beat me at AW!

I'm in love, though. soooooo hot.

LOL, yeah when my buddy told me about the link it was time to see how fast I can get it posted Surprised nobody has made a comment about it on the R8 forum.

So if Audi is always conservative with their 0-60mph, maybe it'll do 4.0s?

the roof is gorgeous and INSANE. this car will kill and eat alive the GTR and 997 TT S. i'd like to see the numbers vs the ZR 1.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I am not going to lie. While I agree that this car will put Audi at the top of the engineering pedestal, I personally think the design lacks cohesion. Dont get me wrong, it looks stunning, but I think Audi could have pulled of something better. Who knows, maybe the production version will satisfy my taste.

Damien,

Think about it as this relation Porsche 997 Turbo>Porsche 997 GT2. R8 V10 will use same side blades and marginally different side skirts then current R8, also both front and rear vent will use three big vents. So, changes will be(exterior) marginal(oh, I forget V10 signature on same place where V8 is on S5). Price wise R8 V10(yes, it is official name-you will see it pretty soon) will be around €25K more expensive in Germany then current R8.

BTW, Leadie was right(cheers man!)! Technical stuff on R8 V12 TDI is pretty amazing...

ps- is that car a widebody?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    ps- is that car a widebody?
    Nope, but rear wheels&tires are wider...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Damien,

Think about it as this relation Porsche 997 Turbo>Porsche 997 GT2. R8 V10 will use same side blades and marginally different side skirts then current R8, also both front and rear vent will use three big vents. So, changes will be(exterior) marginal(oh, I forget V10 signature on same place where V8 is on S5). Price wise R8 V10(yes, it is official name-you will see it pretty soon) will be around €25K more expensive in Germany then current R8.

BTW, Leadie was right(cheers man!)! Technical stuff on R8 V12 TDI is pretty amazing...

that's great information. spot on for the price increase on the V10, it seems. i think it is great the sideblades will remain the same.

would you estimate that the price increase in the US will be about 30K USD then?

over here a 997 TT costs about 120 K. the R8 costs 10K less than that. meaning the V10 would cost 20K more than the 997 TT in my estimation, the 997 being the V10's chief competitor.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Damien,

I gotcha. Im still not "feeling" the spoiler, front lip and exhausts. I just don't like them. Everything else is fine. I cant wait to hear the technical specifications !!!!!!!!! I just cant wait!!!!