Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi in Detroit...

Audi in Detroit...

What do you think will be shown?

Check out this article:

Audi to debut one concept and one production car in Detroit

In a short press release today, Audi announced that it will be using the 2008 NAIAS in Detroit to debut one production car and one concept car. Rumors already began back in late November that Audi will be revealing the Audi TT-S along with a concept Audi R8 Convertible. Guess we’ll have to wait and see if it’s true.

In the mean time we do know the official specs on the TT-S. According to the leaked 2008 internal product launch document that hit the web earlier this week, we can now confirm that the Audi TT-S will be powered by a 2.0 TFSI engine that produces a total of 269 horsepower.

Make sure you join us starting January 13th for live coverage from the 2008 NAIAS in Detroit.

Press Release:

2008 Detroit Auto Show - information for TV stations Audi press conference to feature world premier - Sunday, January 13, 2:20 p.m. - Worldwide satellite broadcast of the model presentations

Visitors will be treated to both a world first and a stunning concept car at the Audi press conference for the 2008 North American International Auto Show. Rupert Stadler, Chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG, will present the latest innovations at the Audi Press Conference, Sunday, January 13, 2008, at 02:20 p.m., on the Audi stand in the COBO Center in Detroit, Wayne Hall.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/12/20...ar-in-detroit/

jan 13th can't come quickly enough!

i still don't know what audi is thinking with the 3.2 V6 now that it is going to have 2.0T engines within 30 hp of it. but that is a dead horse that has been beat multiple times....
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    jan 13th can't come quickly enough!

i still don't know what audi is thinking with the 3.2 V6 now that it is going to have 2.0T engines within 30 hp of it. but that is a dead horse that has been beat multiple times....
    I couldn't disagree with that opinion more, I think a dead duck would have been to have fitted the V6 with an extra the same power as this 2.0TT/S.

If that had been the case then we would have a v6TT/S which it's only real benefit over the regular TTv6 would have been more power, instead we are getting one which will be more pointy, have better balance and easily tuned to produce as much as 310hp with no other adjustments other than a chip up-grade. A less appealing engine note being the only down side among all of these plus points is surely the right way for Audi to have went.

Think about it, even the future TT/RS will not be using a v6 but a much smaller 5 cylinder unit, clearly the future to better driver's cars is a lighter front-end, something that QuattroGmbH also believe.
    Search and you will find the truth.

TT 3.2 quattro will stay at offer, before all, becouse of US market, its way more ''proper'' for them then ''small'' and ''regular'' 2.0 T...

I'm not conserd about 3.2s future...

I think it's strange that non of the guesses include the RS6 sedan, which will come into life just to please the US market.
    If you read the RS6 Avant press release between the lines, a US sedan is almost certain. It was probably the first press release I've read that focussed attention on which markets won't be getting the product. Taking care to refer to it as the RS6 Avant, and not just RS6.

Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    I think it's strange that non of the guesses include the RS6 sedan, which will come into life just to please the US market.
    If you read the RS6 Avant press release between the lines, a US sedan is almost certain. It was probably the first press release I've read that focussed attention on which markets won't be getting the product. Taking care to refer to it as the RS6 Avant, and not just RS6.

I hope it's not the RS6 sedan... the last RS6 sold here in the states didn't do too well. The RS6 is a special niche market that is tiny! The RS4 sells better with the lower price. We'll see... I personally think it will be the Q5 debut... LOL... chance are it's only the A3 Sportback facelift... talk about disappointment!
    Fact is that no one know what it is... here is a list of possibilities:
    -TT-S
    -Q5
    -RS6 Sedan
    -S4
    -A3 Facelift
    -R10
    -R8 Spyder <- highly unlikely... unless concept!
    -A4 Avant <- highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by AU-297 View Post
    I hope it's not the RS6 sedan... the last RS6 sold here in the states didn't do too well. The RS6 is a special niche market that is tiny! The RS4 sells better with the lower price. We'll see... I personally think it will be the Q5 debut... LOL... chance are it's only the A3 Sportback facelift... talk about disappointment!
    Fact is that no one know what it is... here is a list of possibilities:
    -TT-S
    -Q5
    -RS6 Sedan
    -S4
    -A3 Facelift
    -R10
    -R8 Spyder <- highly unlikely... unless concept!
    -A4 Avant <- highly unlikely
    I hope it will be B8

Don't you all think that it may be the new A4 sedan? It is the singulair most important product for Audi period!
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

i think it will be A4 avant !

ähm guys can you answer me a few questions please?

what do you think will the B8 S4 have Torque Vectoring??? and would it be fitted in the newer S5 models or just be avaible as a option to order????

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    i think it will be A4 avant !

[/B]
    Surely not! The A4 Avant makes a lot more sense to present in Geneva two month later. The market for an Avant is in Europe and not in the US.. would be silly to show it over there first. My supposition is either the RS6 saloon or the final version of the Q5. The Americans slowly tend to smaller SUV's since there is an oil price increase in America, too. And they somehow start thinking more about environmental pollution... (at least it is what we are told here in europe, e.g. sales increase for the BMW X3 in the US)
    Vorsprung durch Technik

no, no RS6 limo, because it will be just shown after A6 facelift. thats fact. i dont think we will see a RS6 limo concept or something.

but back, can you anser me this please:

what do you think will the B8 S4 have Torque Vectoring??? and would it be fitted in the newer S5 models or just be avaible as a option to order????

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Q5 in final trim there, like itisme said the US are currently favouring small SUVs more than larger ones and it is the largest market for this cars. Plus the launch is meant to be set for middle of 2008, maybe the US will get it first, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    As of yet the 'torque-vectoring diff' isn't being shown in any of Audi's buff either in the UK or Europe but we do know it is coming soon, my bet is if it isn't being listed as of yet it will be introduced as an option on the normal A4 and A5 but maybe offered as standard on the S4 and S5 when that time come.

I believe it is to be included on the Q5.

so included to the newer S5 and B8 S4 too ^^. i hope.

What can we expect Torque vectoring diff. to deliver??

As in how is it more advanced over ESP/traction control etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    What can we expect Torque vectoring diff. to deliver??

As in how is it more advanced over ESP/traction control etc?
    Well electronic LSD systems use the brakes to control the rear wheels, so some of the power is being wasted in a way which is unlike a proper LSD which shifts to whole power between the axle.

i put my balls on this one-

V10 R8 spyder concept and TTS in detroit.

RS6 sedan, S4, and A6 facelift in geneva

Q5 in new york

V10 R8 coupe in paris
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i put my balls on this one-

V10 R8 spyder concept and TTS in detroit.

RS6 sedan, S4, and A6 facelift in geneva

Q5 in new york

V10 R8 coupe in paris

I when are you to start signing Falsetto.

Only kidding.