Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TT-S Revealed - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    it's noise which is most important after all.
    Nah, that's just a byproduct of sufficient displacement

Agreed but the video would have to run a little longer as it wouldn't have the same handling finesse.

But that would be OK to you and sigmaS6 as it's noise which is most important after all.
    Ok the R4 2.0TFSI will handle a little better then a 3.6 VR6 FSI.
    The TTS (1395 Kg) is just 15 Kg lighter then a 3.2 TT (1410 Kg) and a 3.6 will most likely weight the same as a 3.2.
    But for the few time's a year i spend on the Nordschleife or in mountain terrain like Luxembourg or switzerland a 3.6 VR6 FSI would do just fine for me.
    I'm not a weekly track junky most of the time i'm in traffic.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Ok the R4 2.0TFSI will handle a little better then a 3.6 VR6 FSI.
    The TTS (1395 Kg) is just 15 Kg lighter then a 3.2 TT (1410 Kg) and a 3.6 will most likely weight the same as a 3.2.
    But for the few time's a year i spend on the Nordschleife or in mountain terrain like Luxembourg or switzerland a 3.6 VR6 FSI would do just fine for me.
    I'm not a weekly track junky most of the time i'm in traffic.

Jarod.
    You have to remember that the TT/S uses larger heavier brakes among other things so the two cars aren't exactly like for like when you are discussing their overall weight. I think we all need to step back from that debate on the engine choice and see just how good the car is as an overall package.

I take neither yourself or SigmaS6 will be potental customers so why knock something you won't even consider.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Noise is easy to make. A ricer 115 horsepower Civic with a cofee can exhaust will make just as much noise as a 490 horespower F430. With eyes closed you wouldn't tell the difference all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaS6 View Post
    Now I'm really wondering why you are so exited about the TTS. I mean I still dislike it wholeheartedly (the looks are ok though) and think it's a pretty sassy approach to let people wait two years just to put the ECU of the S3 in the TT and sell it as S model with 8% more power than the standard and 25kg less weight, but reading all the excitement posts I realize many of them are coming from you.

So why should an S5 owner envy a 4pot 2l TT? I just don't get it. I mean if you had a GTI it would be the next stage and I could clearly understand your motives, but it sounds as if you're on the verge of downgrading with pride. You'd lose half your engine block, the power and the sound, don't do it!

Oh, and am I the only one in here who thinks that 4 tail pipes for a 2l engine is totally laughable?

And no, it wont make 300. I'm sure it will show you 300 though, but don't forget that the 2.0l already shows ~280 when it reaches its vmax of 245. The Audi speedometer precision is just terrible, but people seem to like it this way.
    Already the stock TT 2,0T matches S5 and even TT 3,2 around a track. With Quattro and 72 BHP more, those too will be hopelessly lost. The S5 is entirely different kind of car, though, and desiarable on its own grounds.

As for number of cylinders, it's the size of the engine which enables this car to go as fast as it does. Döööh. I have an S3 and compared it in on numerous occasions with A3 3,2's (only 15 BHP less). There's no way I'd wanna switch to the 6 cylinder.

I agree with the exhaust pipe remark, though. But more on a general note. I think people (including yourself, it seems) are ridiculously hung up on this. For me, the ideal would be if pipes were entirely hidden, like on some diesels.

RB

Vorsprung durch Technik

One incredibly smart looking little car and next to the R8 it's Audi's best looker.

One incredibly smart looking little car
    And I fully agree with that. Except for the engine choice I totally like it.

I liked the TT but i start to move further and further to the A5 3.2 FSI Quattro S-Line or S5.
    The V6 3.2 FSI Valve-Lift engine have tuning potential, with chip exhaust and metal cat's you can get 300> hp out of it.

Jarod.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    The V6 3.2 FSI Valve-Lift engine have tuning potential, with chip exhaust and metal cat's you can get 300> hp out of it.
    But would that be worth it? I mean there's still the S5, so you can get performance with full warranty and some other 'free' extras directly from audi in one pack, why try to build it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaS6 View Post
    But would that be worth it? I mean there's still the S5, so you can get performance with full warranty and some other 'free' extras directly from audi in one pack, why try to build it yourself?
    I see no problem with chipping the engine, exhaust and cat's.
    Further a S5 cost ± 30% more then a 3.2 Quattro.

Jarod.

Listen, guys if you are really that mad keen on a S5 mine will be up for sale in about 6 months or so.

And just to keep you interested I have supplied an exhaust note to keep you happy.

S5_revving

Oh, that's a nice end of this day..

Thanks for that video Leadie!